Status: Updating as often as I can

Meet Me at the Telephone

Secret Admirer

Image
“Candace! Do you know where the Almond Flour is? I have five orders for French macaroons to do and I am going crazy.” Miranda asked Candace as she opened cabinets in the stock room.

Candace put the last tray of cupcakes into the display case before walking back into the kitchen. Candace looked at the prep table and saw the flour, “Miranda, The flour is on the prep table. Are you okay?”

Candace walked over to Miranda and jokingly put her hand up to her forehead to check her temperature. Miranda rolled her eyes and swatted Candace’s hand away. Miranda walked over to the sink and put her hair up before washing her hands. “I’m fine.” Her voice squeaked.

Candace crossed her arms and leaned against the table, “What’s wrong?”

That’s the thing. Miranda didn’t know what was wrong. She woke up this morning confused for no apparent reason. “I don’t know. Any way’s I have to get to work. I have to much to do today!”

Candace moved from the table towards the door that lead into the shop, “Do you need help?”

“I wish but it’s just you and I working today and someone needs to manage the front.” Miranda replied while she got her mixer out and recipe.

“I wasn’t talking about me helping you.”

Miranda looked up, “Whom were you talking about them?”

Candace smiled, “Harry is off today and he knows how to bake. I’m sure he would love to come and help.”

“I don’t care who helps. I just need another pair of hands.” Miranda said as she started to do the first steps of the recipe.

Candace nodded her head and walked out towards where her purse was under the register and pulled her phone out. She opened her iPhone and went to her contacts looking for a specific number. Once she found it she pressed dial and put her phone up to her ear, hoping the other person would answer.

”Hello?”

“Hey it’s Candace. Miranda is stressed and needs some help today. She’s backed up with order’s is Harry available?”

”Yeah he’s in the shower. As soon as he gets out I’ll tell him to go over. Do you know what is wrong with her?”

Candace sighed, “Honestly I don’t know but she never gets stressed about having so many orders. How are you? When are you going to tell her you like her?”

Candace heard the person on the other line sigh, “I don’t know. I broke up with my girlfriend because it wasn’t fair to her.”

Candace’s face saddened, “I’m sorry. Are you okay?”

”I’m fine. How should I talk to Miranda? I want to get to know her more but I’m afraid that I will just come out and say ‘Hey I like you, we should date’. That would scare her.”

Candace looked towards the back where her sister was. She remembered a few years ago Miranda told her that she had always wanted a secret admirer. “I have an idea.”

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Miranda finished putting piping the second set of French macaroons onto the baking sheet when Harry arrived. “Hey Harry. Thank you for coming I’m sorry we asked yo-“

Harry smiled, “Don’t worry about it love I love to bake so this hardly bothers me. Now what can I help you with? Oh, Niall wants me to bring back some treats for him when I’m done.”

Miranda laughed as she remembered her lovely Irish friend, “No problem. Okay, I have five orders of French macaroons to do today plus five orders of cupcakes that came in this morning for tomorrow, plus I need to make pie’s for the front.”

Harry blinked, “Okay. I’ll get started on the cupcakes while you finish the French macaroons and then we can do the pie’s.”

Miranda sighed, “Thank you Harry, you’re a life saver.”

Harry smiled, “No problem. “

It didn't take long for the two friends to get started on the baking. While Miranda was mixing the filling for the macaroons so couldn't help herself and looked over towards Harry and watched him for a few seconds. It blew her mind how "normal" Harry was even though he was this international music sensation and he was wanted by millions of girls. When she first met him she thought he was just a normal boy and knowing now that he is one fifth of One Direction doesn't change her thoughts about him.

Miranda smiled as she turned back around and continued to mix the filling for the chocolate peppermint French macaroons. Once she was done with the filling she got started on making the batter for the cookies. It didn't take her long to mix e batter and pipe the dough onto the cookie sheet. Once she was done with the chocolate cookie she placed them in the oven and set the timer. When she was finished with that she walked back over to where she had made a small mess of all the ingredients and started cleaning up.

"It's been a long while since I've been in the bakery but I feel like it was just yesterday and I'm surprised I haven't forgotten how to bake." Miranda heard Harry's deep slow accented voice.

Miranda turned around and walked over to where he was scooping the batter into the cupcake molds, "That's amazing! Do you even bake for the band?"

Harry shook his head, "Not as much because we are so busy. But, when I have down time and my sister or mum come to visit, I'll bake one of their favorite desserts."

Miranda smiled, "That's sweet Harry."

Harry smiled, "Thank you." Harry placed the empty bowl down and picked up the pan, "How long do you bake these for? Some bakeries bake them for twenty minutes and the cupcakes come out like crap."

Miranda laughed, "I bake them for fifteen minutes that way they are moist."

"Now why couldn't management ask you to bake the sweets for us. We would eat all of it if it came from you! Serious these "high end" bakeries are crap." Harry mumbled as he walked by and over towards the oven.

Miranda laughed out loud, "You seem to not like the craft service very much."

"No I don't. It's disgusting. Even Niall wouldn't even hesitate to tell you how bad it is! Louis, Niall and I would try to sneak out after the shows or when ever we can and go to the closets fast food joint."

Miranda smiled, "Have you guys ever been caught?"

Harry sighed, "By Paul? Yes. By the fans? No. Surprisingly."

Miranda laughed as Candace walked into the kitchen, "Are you working or messing around?"

Miranda smiled over at her sister, "We are working Candy. How is everything up front?"

Candace looked over her shoulder, "Everything is good. Lunch is in an hour will you guys be done by then?"

Harry looked over the cupcakes he has already done and the ones that he has left to frost, "I'll be done in about a half hour, maybe forty-five minutes."

Miranda looked over her work, "I'll be done in a half hour then ill finish up after." Miranda turned to Harry. "You can go home after lunch if you want."

Harry shook his head, "I'll stay here if that's okay. I'm tired of being locked up at home. This is a nice break!"

Candace nodded her head, "What doe we want for lunch? Do you want to go out to eat or order in?"

"Since Harry is our guest he should pick what's for lunch." Miranda stated.

Harry rubbed his stomach, "I can go for some Asian food. What about you guys?"

Candace and Miranda smiled, "Sounds good to me. We have take out menus under the register. Let me go get them."

Miranda walked out into the front of the store and went to the register. She got down onto her knees and started to move paperwork around, looking for the takeout menu. "Found you." Miranda laughed as she pulled out the menu and placed it onto the counter. As she stood up she dusted off her knees and and looked up. Miranda jumped back in fright as she just noticed over flowing vase of roses. Miranda walked closer to them and looked for a card to see who the flowers are to and if there was a name for the sender.

After a couple of seconds she finally located the cream colored card and pulled it out of the roses. She turned it around and scrunched up her eyes in confusion. On the front of the card was Miranda's name in elegant cursive. She flipped the card back around looking for the senders name and finding nothing. Miranda opens the little card and reads the short sentence that was written,

"Roses are red, violets are blue, love never crossed my mind, until the day I met you.

From your secret admirer"

Miranda blinked and placed the card back into the flowers and grabbed the vase as well as the take out menu. She walked back into the kitchen and placed the flowers onto an empty prep table.

Miranda looked over to Candace who had a smirk on her face, "Candace who brought these in?"

Candace smiled, "A delivery man."

Miranda narrowed her eyes, "Your lying."

Candace shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know what you are talking about."

Miranda turned to Harry who was quietly laughing, "Harry! Help me?"

Harry busted up laughing, "I wish I had some popcorn because this is the funniest thing ever!"

Miranda crossed her arms, "Gee thanks so much."

Harry smiled, "I'm sure if the bloke wanted to be known he would have put his name on the card."

Miranda groaned, "Candace knows who he is and she won't say."

Candace opened her mouth to speak but got caught off by someone coming in through the front door, "Delivery for Miranda!"

Candace and Harry exchanged looks while Miranda turned and walked out into the front where a guy was holding a big fluffy stuffed bear, "I'm Miranda."

The delivery guy nodded his head and handed Miranda the bear, "Also, here's a card. Someone must really fancy you. Good luck!" The guy said before turning and leaving.

Miranda took the bear and card back into the kitchen where Harry laughed, "That bear is as tall as you almost!"

Candace smiled, "It's cute."

Miranda placed the bear on the ground and opened the card, "Meet me at the telephone booth on the corner of your bakery. Tomorrow you will receive another gift with the date and the next day your gift will have the time."

Harry read the card over her shoulder, "That's so adorable! But I'm hungry can we order now?"

Candace laughed out loud as Miranda crossed her arms in annoyance, "I like you Harry Styles. Lets order food Miranda before Harry here eats everything."

"Hey! I'm not Niall." Harry stated crossing his arms.

Candace rolled her eyes and reached for the cordless phone on the wall. Miranda and Candace already knew what they wanted, shrimp lo mien and a side of miso soup, so they waited for Harry to decide what he wanted. After about a few minutes of harry flipping back and forth between different food choices before finally picking out spicy orange chicken with lo mien.

Candace grabbed the phone, take out menu and started to call and place their order. “Thank you for lunch.” Harry thanked as he sat against the wall on the floor.

Miranda sat next to him and starred at the bear, “No problem. But can you help me with one thing?”

Harry nodded his head, “What is it?”

“Who do you think sent me these gifts?” Miranda asked him.

Harry shrugged his shoulders, trying to keep his mates secret was becoming difficult but he didn’t want to let his friend down, “I’m not sure but he sure does have good taste in girls.” He lied to her just as Candace came back and sat down.

“Food will be here in a little bit.” Candace turned to look at Miranda who was giving her puppy dog eyes in hopes that Candace would tell her who her secret admirer is. Candace turned her eyes quickly away and looked at Harry, “Harry did you know that your eye’s are really green?”

Harry just looked at her and blinked..
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it is really short but I needed to get the chapter up. Next chapter is going to have a christmas theme to it. My goal is to have it posted on Christmas eve or Christmas day!

Who do you think Miranda's secret admirer is?

Let me know what you think!