Status: Completed.

Last but Not Least

Fresh start.

Garrett tapped his fingers against the scratched up surface of the table as he rested his chin in the palm of his other hand. He was bored and day dreaming of anything he could keep himself interested in. Right now that happened to be the girl and boy playing rock, paper, scissors on the couch in front of him.

"Wait! This is getting real serious!" Pat yelled as he pulled back only to pull his too long hair up in a bun. The girl beside him giggled and watched him as he adjusted on his knees before placing his hand back out.

"Ok."

She laughed and Garrett watched them play more rounds of the unnecessary game.

"I mean what are you playing for?" Kennedy asked coming up from the back and falling into the chair across from him. Garrett shifted his eyes lazily to the boy.

"For pride Kenny! For pride!" Pat answered and the girl laughed once more causing Garrett to roll his eyes.

"Why must she always be on our bus?" Garrett asked not really to anyone in particular.

"Because she's awesome. So suck it Garrett!"

Garrett rolled his eyes once more and Kennedy chuckled, "Should be use to her by now. I am."

Garrett sighed watching the brown eyed girl in typical fashion. He tried to act as if her presense was becoming a problem when he himself questioned whether that was actually true or not.

"Reagan." John spoke her name causing her eyes to shift from Pat's hand to the boy standing beside her.

"John Oh."

A smirk hit his lips, "I love having you over here and what not, but your band members are starting to threaten us and by us I mean me."

"My band members suck." She whined causing John to laugh.

Reagan was in an up and coming band that actually had a lot of buzz around them lately which meant their manager jumped at the chance of them touring together. The band not only consisted of Reagan (who Garrett oddly had to point out played bass) but her two brothers and one of their friends. All of who was older than her which Garrett assumed made sense as to why she bonded with his group so easily because she was the same age as Pat and him.

"Pat." She pouted holding her arms out to him and he scooped the girl up, resting her in his lap, "I shall never let them take you."

"Your brother, aka, the scary one..." John started and she chuckled, "Ross."

"Yes. The older, scary one just told me to tell you that you guys have sound check in a few and I thought it was over, but then he scaringly told me that if he found out any of us were sleeping with you he would break our fingers off one by one." John said causing the girl to laugh and Pat's grip to loosen.

"He is scary." Pat grumbled.

"He isn't going to hurt any of you. Plus, none of us are sleeping together so I don't see why you are so scared."

"Have you seen your brother?! I am willing to admit I'm a rather skinny guy. Your brother looks like he should be a member of Avenge Sevenfold!" He responded a bit on the dramatic side. Then again, who wasn't buff compared to the boy?

Reagan snorted at the remark, "He wishes."

"He's always nice to Garrett." Pat stated and Kennedy chuckled as Garrett shrugged.

"Probably because he knows that the two hate being near each other for more than ten minutes." John pointed out causing Reagan to frown. She hated that they did in fact do that simply because when they got along it was amazing. Some times to the point where she questioned if she may have a crush on him or not.

Garrett snorted, "I doubt it."

Reagan rolled her eyes and climbed off Pat's lap.

"Guess I'll go." She said with a sigh.

Pat stuck out his bottom lip, "Stay with us tonight?"

Before Reagan could answer Garrett groaned, "Oh come on. No. Why? She's over here enough."

"You don't have to hang out with her Garrett." Jared stated joining in from where he was sitting with his laptop.

The boy shrugged crossing his arms over his chest. He knew he was coming off as a child, but he couldn't help it. It wasn't that he had a problem with her being around it was the fact that she was with them 24/7 and how would you feel to have something you can't have flaunted in your face all the time?

"What time do you play?" She asked ignoring Garrett.

"Uh, right after you. Like always."

"Oh yeahhh. Then I'll meet here." She said patting Pat on the head as the boys laughed.

He grinned and nodded his head. The girl said goodbye and she left without another word.

"Seriously, Gar. I don't get it." John said looking over at the boy, "What has she done to you?"

"She annoys me...sometimes."

"Bullshit."

Garrett shrugged once more. He had his reasons, he just didn't see why he had to vocalize it. Plus, none of them knew about his slight crush on the girl and he planned to keep it that way.

John rolled his eyes in response, "Ok, be a girl then."

Reagan made it back to her bus just as the boys were headed off.

"Lucky." Ross mumbled and she rolled her eyes as Ethan, (the only one that wasn't related to them) placed his arm over the girl's shoulder.

"Oh, don't listen to him. He's been in a bad mood all day."

"Why?"

"Oh, that girl Julie he's been talking to hasn't responded to any of his text." He said chuckling, showing off one of his smiles that made him the heart throb of the band for a reason. If it wasn't that and his dimples, it was his shaggy blonde hair and California tan he had which made no sense since they were all from Maryland. The fact that he was the singer probably didn't hurt either though.

"Well, maybe if he wasn't a jerk she'd text back. He told John he was going to basically kill any of them if they touched me."

Ethan let out another laugh, "Well, we might all do that. I mean come on, what else should we think? They all like to hang out with you."

"Why can't I just be cool?!"

"Well, I mean, you are, but still. Plus, do you like that spastic, Pat kid?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Reagan couldn't help but laugh, "Yes, but not like that."

"Good. I thought I was going to have to shake you to death or something if you did."

"He's cool."

"Yes. He is, but come on, imagine dating him."

The girl giggled, "Wouldn't be boring."

He chuckled, "Very true."

The pair seperated once on the stage. They all began setting up in silence as a crowd started to file in front of them slowly but surely causing Reagan to grow a bit nervous which she always tended to do.

She looked over at her brother Rian who was already sitting behind his drum set. (Clearly their mother had a thing for names that started with R's.) Rian however was the most mellow out of all of them and looked the most like Reagan. He was only two years older than her and they shared the same features and tended to act a lot alike, where as Ross tended to do his own thing. He was more of a parent to the two of them. Older, responsible, bossy. The usual.

"Skitch, how did we get here?" He asked a grin hitting his lips as he spun his drum stick on his fingers.

"I led you here good sir, for I am, spartacus." She said and the pair both began to laugh at their small, inside joke from a movie the two use to watch on repeat.

She chuckled and adjusted the strap on her bass before turning towards the microphone. The crowd now buzzing loudly in front of her. They were a month into this tour already and it still excited her.

She looked out in the crowd as Ethan's voice filled her ears as he talked to the people now screaming for them to start. A smile hit her lips as the moment took over. This was where she belonged and she had no problem wasting an entire summer doing nothing but playing music. Yet, even she knew things could never stay so peaceful...
♠ ♠ ♠
A HUGE thank you to she's so high. for the layout! I love it! :)

Just a short intro into the story, pretty excited about it!

And if anyone can guess the movie they quoted we should be friends! Haha. It's my favorite. :3