Status: Completed.

Last but Not Least

Surprise, surprise.

Garrett helped his mom clean up while Reagan went to the bathroom which gave him a chance to think over the situation even more.

"What's wrong?" His mom asked and Garrett sighed, "I like her."

"Ok, is that a bad thing?"

"Yeah. It is, because when our tour is over I'll be coming home and she'll be going back to Maryland which isn't close..." He grumbled as he placed a dish in the sink.

"You can make it work."

"Make what work? We aren't anything to make work..."

She smiled, "Right..."

"We're just friends, mom."

She nodded not wanting to argue. Garrett groaned, "whatever."

Reagan walked back in and Garrett's eyes moved to hers, "Hey can we go to Tim's?"

He nodded, "Yeah let me grab my shoes."

She nodded with a smile, "Thanks for letting me stay and for breakfast."

"Oh think nothing of it! You're welcome anytime. See you at the show tonight."

Reagan nodded saying goodbye as she left the kitchen and ran into Garrett.

"Ready?"

She nodded and he pulled her out of the house. Garrett was quiet as he got in the car and Reagan glanced over at him as he clinched the steering wheel in thought.

"You ok?"

"Oh, um yeah..."

"You sure?"

He nodded and she dropped it as they parked at Tim's.

"Um, thanks for having me over. You're family is awesome." She said and he forced a weak smile, "No problem. Like I said they like you as well."

She nodded, "See you later."

"Yeah."

She hopped out a bit confused by his behavior and he watched her walk inside. A sigh escaped his lips as he leaned his forehead to the steering wheel. He didn't know what to do. He was screwed either way you looked at it. If they made something happen she would be across country. If he kept it in, it would still suck and she'd still be across country. What did he do from here?

"Oh well hello. Fancy seeing you here." Ethan said with a smirk as Reagan walked into the house.

"Shut up."

He chuckled, "And how did your spend the night session with Garrett go?"

"Uh, it went fine."

"Didn't kiss?"

She groaned, "No."

"Are we sure he isn't gay?" Rian asked stepping in from the kitchen shoving a poptart in his mouth.

"A bit disappointed he hasn't tried to make a move. He's a pansy." Ethan chuckled.

"He is not! And he's not gay either!"

"Settle down. No need to get offensive!" Ethan joked and she rolled her eyes, "I'm going to shower and what not. Where is Ross?"

"In your room."

She nodded and quickly went up the stairs to the space being shared with her brother.

"Well hello." Ross said as he fixed his hair in the mirror and she rolled her eyes, "Hi..."

He smiled as he turned to face her, "So?"

"So what?"

"How did it go?"

"You guys act like I went on a date! Nothing happened! It was fine."

"Mhm. Right."

"Whatever. I'm going to shower. Make sure I don't get molested."

He laughed, "He's asleep still."

"Good."

She quickly grabbed her things and went to shower and get ready for the day.

"Hey, we're going to meet everyone for lunch. Wanna come?" Rian asked meeting her as soon as she stepped from the room.

"Oh, sure." She responded shrugging, a bit interested to see how Garrett would act. She was a bit confused to say the least. She grabbed up her phone before following him downstairs.

"Oh you decided to wake up?" She asked as she noticed Tim on the couch.

"Ha." He mumbled causing her to chuckle as she moved to the door, "Are we leaving or what?"

"Yes. Jeez. Bossy." Ethan said grabbing her around the waist and leading her out.

"Anxious to see your lover?" He teased and she shoved him away as he laughed before climbing into Tim's car.

The group drove about 5 minutes before pulling up at what looked like some sort of diner. They all walked in surprised to find the others already settled at a table.

"Hey you." Pat said smiling at the girl and she patted his head before settling in the seat beside Kennedy which put Garrett across from her. Garrett's eyes met hers and he smiled which she returned. Maybe it was all in her head.

Garrett watched her as Kennedy chatted with her about who knows what. He wasn't paying attention really. Only watching her like he tended to do. John elbowed him and his eyes shot over.

"Huh?"

John snickered, "You're staring."

"Shut up." Garrett grumbled causing John to smirk, "Fine. Won't say another word."

"We both know that isn't true."

"And we both know I'll catch you staring at her again so we're even." The boy whispered and Garrett rolled his eyes shifting his gaze out the window. John was right though. He wanted so badly to watch her again.

He felt someone hit his foot and his eyes immediately shot to the girl across him. A smile hit her lips and he leaned onto the table, "Yes?"

"I really didn't mean to do that."

"Right."

"I didn't." She said laughing as the waitress appeared with their food. He smiled as the women passed out their orders. Why couldn't he be sitting beside her instead?

Once they ate they paid and headed to their cars. Garrett grabbed Reagan's hand before she could get too far. The girl spun around and he smiled.

"What?" She asked and he shrugged linking their hands together.

"Come on." She said pulling him from where they stood to his car.

"Coming with me?"

"Well we will eventually end up in the same place."

He chuckled, "Right. So just want to spend the time before hand with me?"

She nodded and he opened the car door for her, "Good."

"Good?"

"Yeah, I like when it's just us." He stated boldly.

"Why?"

He grinned as he relaxed against the door, "Because like I said last night, I like you. Plus, you aren't so bad on the eyes either."

She smacked his chest lightly and he chuckled, "Get in."

"Spending a lot of time with me lately Gar. Going to get sick of me soon." She said once he got in the car. He laughed as he pulled out of the parking space, "I haven't yet and we're two months into this tour."

She smiled and he drove to his house. He grabbed her hand and led her inside.

"Reagan!" Lilly shouted meeting them at the door causing her to laugh, "Hey you!" She responded scooping up the small child.

"Where have you been?" Lilly asked and she laughed, "With Garrett."

"Where?"

"At lunch."

"Why?"

"Because we were hungry silly girl." She responded placing her back on the floor.

"Where's mom?" Garrett asked Trey who was sitting on the couch watching television.

The older boy shrugged, "Think to the store."

Garrett nodded and grabbed up Lilly, placing a kiss on her cheek, "Hey pretty girl, gonna miss me?"

"Yeah. When you come back?" The girl asked seriously and he chuckled, "Soon. Promise."

He sat her back down before grabbing up Reagan's hand. Reagan gave him a grin as he led her up the stairs. He was too cute some times.

He pulled her in his room and glanced at the clock, "Nap?"

She nodded. They rarely got sleep on tour so it was nice to be lazy now. He kicked his shoes off and she did the same before climbing into his unmade bed. He sighed and placed his arm around her waist.

"Hey Rea?" He asked softly, raising up to look down at her. Her eyes met his blue ones and she grew nervous from the closeness.

"Hey Gar. What?"

He grinned as his eyes diverted to her lips then back to her eyes, "I, uh..." He fumbled trying to find the nerve to say what he wanted. She simply stared up at him and he licked his lips. He just wanted to kiss her if he was being honest, but doing that was the task he knew he wouldn't go through with.

He finally shook his head with regret before laying back down holding onto her tightly. He couldn't do it and he hated himself for it. She bit her lip before glancing over at him. His eyes met hers and she reached out brushing his hair from his eyes.

"Don't you just kind of wish we could just stay here?" She asked and he spoke, "Like stay in Arizona?"

She nodded and he agreed, "Yeah. I do. Simply because once the tour ends you're going to be miles and miles away." He whispered.

"I know. Going to visit me?" She asked softly.

"Would you want me to?"

She nodded and he couldn't help but grin, "Then I will. Will you come visit me?"

She nodded once more.

"Let me rephrase that, will you come visit me or Lilly?"

She giggled, "Lilly. You're a bonus." She joked and he rolled his eyes.

"Just kidding. I'll come visit you. I'll miss you so yeah..." She whispered causing butterflies to fill his gut.

"I'll keep you to that." He responded softly touching his forehead to hers.

"You can." She managed to get out over her new found nerves and before he could even process his next words her soft lips were pressed against his.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short, but definitely sweet. :3

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope (the jonas brothers? Hahaha. Definitely not.)
Thayseferrari
WhoAreYouJudy
:)