Status: Completed.

Last but Not Least

Preparing for the worst.

"Hey, is Rea around?" Garrett asked as he stepped onto the bus her band occupied.

Ethan smirked from the couch, "Reagan! Your boyfriend is here!" The boy shouted causing Garrett to roll his eyes. Reagan finally made her way up to the front, her cheeks a light red thanks to Ethan.

Garrett grinned once her eyes met his. He couldn't help but feel all giddy when in her presense.

"You ready?" He asked ignoring Ethan who was making kissing noises. Reagan immediately nodded, grabbing his hand and pulling him back outside.

"I'm sorry. They are embarrassing." She mumbled and he laughed, "Ah I get it. It's fine."

He linked their fingers as they went on the search for somewhere to eat lunch. The last two weeks had been amazing. For him anyways, and the closer it grew to the end of the tour the more nervous he got. They had two weeks left which just wasn't long enough for him. There was so much more he needed to know about Jenna. He just wasn't done with being with her and he didn't know how to ask if she was done with him.

The pair walked hand in hand in a comfortable silence and once they found a small cafe Garrett pulled her inside, finding a table near a window.

He pulled out the chair for her and she thanked him in typical fashion although she had to admit she was surprised he still did that. Of course by now she just knew it was him. He was a gentleman without much thought. She loved that about him.

"So, Jared and his girlfriend have been fighting on the phone the whole trip here. I'm surprised I'm still sane." Garrett said placing his hands on the table and she laughed, "That sucks."

"Uh yeah. I'm exhausted and I'm not even dating her."

Reagan giggled causing him to smile.

"Want to fight?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and he laughed, "Definitely not."

"Bummer."

"Do you have something we could fight about?"

"Well, no...I could think of something for you though."

"Please no."

She chuckled right as the waitress walked over to take their order.

"I like that we are peaceful." He said flashing her a smile and she nodded, "Yeah, I do too."

He fiddled with the straw he had failed to put in his glass and the space between the two grew quiet. He knew he had to bring it up. For his sake at least.

"Rea, I uh, I know we said we would just take this one day at a time, but it's been two weeks and I just, I mean, we have less than 2 weeks left and...I don't know...I just need to prepare myself for what's going to happen when we have to leave each other." He fumbled out not daring taking his eyes from the paper of the straw he had crumbled into a ball.

"I don't know, Gar." Reagan whispered, her insides already in shambles. She honestly didn't want to be miles apart from him and yet she didn't know how to fix it.

"Me neither, but I mean, I don't know. So we're just going to be like, oh ok, well it's been fun, bye?"

She shook her head instantly, "No, I couldn't do that."

Garrett sighed realizing there was no was no way to determine what the future held when they both were so confused.

"I want to be with you." He stated boldly, his blue eyes moving to her. Butterflies filled her stomach simply from the way he looked at her and she gulped trying to keep them down.

"I want to be with you too." She finally whispered out and he nodded, "Right, so where does that leave us?"

"Do you believe in long term relationships?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and he shrugged, "I've never had one."

"Me neither, but I don't know, I would try it for you." She said softly and he couldn't stop the grin from hitting his lips, "That's all I needed to hear, Rea. If you will, I will."

She grinned at him as the waitress walked back, sitting their food in front of him. Garrett felt a bit relieved from her words. Maybe they could make this work afterall.

The pair ate and laughed for longer than some people would and by the time they headed back it was almost time for the show to begin.

"I mean, did you guys get lost?!" Kennedy asked as they entered the venue.

"No. Asshole." Reagan threw back causing Garrett to chuckle from beside her.

"Is the madness over?" Garrett asked as Kennedy picked up his guitar, "Dude, if you are referring to the war of Jared and Sarah. Yes, yes it is. Thank God!"

Garrett laughed, "Finally. He was going to have to walk if it didn't."

"Not everyone is as perfect as you and Rea." John said ruffling the girl's hair as he passed causing her to giggle.

Garrett rolled his eyes, "Yeah, well what can I say?"

Reagan elbowed him causing him to smile and she kissed his cheek, "Ok, practice. Goof around really."

"You know us so well."

She smiled and he pecked her lips before she sprinted off the stage so they could practice. Before she realized it the show was over and they were on the bus to their next destination which she couldnt help but check off another day from being with Garrett and that made her feel sick.

She sighed as she relaxed her chin in the palm of her hand. The boy's made Garrett stay on their bus in order to finish a new song or something which means she had time to dwell on her soon to be problem.

"Missing lover boy?" Rian joked sliding into the seat across the table. She rolled her eyes, "No, I just, what am I going to do?"

"What do you mean?"

"Meaning when we go home he'll be in Arizona. We both agreed on trying the long distance thing, but I mean, do you think it'll work?" She asked and her brother seemed to be in thought.

"Yeah, I do, Rea. I mean, if you truly like each other nothing could stand in the way. Especially distance. I mean think about it, if you lived in Arizona he would still be miles away when he toured..."

"Yeah, that's true."

"You really like him, huh? I mean, I personally thought it was just a crush thing, but now I dont think that..." he said seriously.

She bit her lip as she stared at her brother, "No, I um, I think I might love him." She finally fumbled out her cheeks turning a light shade of red. Rian leaned back in his seat as silence filled the space between them.

"Don't say anything, ok?"

"Of course not."

"To no one."

"Reagan, I won't. I swear."

She nodded breathing out and he spoke, "If you do really feel that way then you have to at least try."

She nodded once more, "I know and I will."

He grinned before moving from his seat, "Good. He's a nice guy, Rea." He responded patting her head as he left the front of the bus.

Well that much she already knew. She was brought back to reality by the sound of her phone vibrating on the table. She quickly grabbed it up as a smile hit her lips once Garrett's name flashed on her screen.

'Hey you. I miss you. We should stop in a minute, and I know it's almost midnight, but will you come over? Pwease? :( '

She chuckled before responding with a 'yes' and forcing herself from the seat. She yawned before heading to her bunk. She was already in pajama shorts and a tank top so she quickly slide on a hoodie of Garrett's she had obtained a few days ago and put on her Toms.

"Where are you going while we are in a moving vehicle?" Ross asked smirking as he leaned against the bunks.

Reagan rolled her eyes, "We are about to stop and I'm going to The Maine's bus."

"Mhm. Never saw that coming."

Before Reagan could speak the bus came to a stop and she grabbed up her phone, "Later dear brother."

"Yeah, yeah."

She quickly fled the bus once the doors would open and ran straight into Garrett.

"Whoa, where are you going in such a hurry?" He asked with a smile as she stepped back quickly.

"To see my boyfriend, sorry, we will talk later." She joked trying to brush past him and he grabbed her quickly as he laughed.

"Funny. I was coming to get my girlfriend."

"Interesting..."

"Yeah, but you'll do." He said kissing her before grabbing her hand and she laughed as he led her back to his bus.

"I'm tired." She said burying her face against his arm as they stepped on. Garrett chuckled and squeezed her hand, "Then we shall sleep my love."

"Very kind of you."

He laughed and once in front of his bunk the pair slipped out of their shoes and climbed inside.

"I've gotten use to sleeping with you." He whispered his arm wrapped tightly around her.

"Me too." She responded shutting her eyes and he kissed her cheek, "What am I going to do with you so far away?" He asked softly and she bit her lip unable to respond.

"It's going to suck." He added and she turned to face him, he touched his forehead to hers as she tried to speak, "We will figure it out, Gar."

"Yeah, move to Arizona please."

She chuckled, "I can't."

He pressed his lips to her cheek softly, "Please?" He whispered against her skin.

"Move to Maryland."

"I can't."

"And I can?"

"Well, a guy can dream can't he?"

She chuckled and he brought his fingers to her hair, "It'll be ok. I believe that." He whispered trying more so to convince himself than her.

"I know." She whispered her eyes shutting as his fingers traced over her cheek. She really hoped for their sake it would turn out fine. She liked him too much to give up on this even if it was still a new relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been forever. Even more that this is basically a filler, but don't worry things will pick up soon. ;)

Thanks for commenting and subscribing! :)