Status: Completed.

Last but Not Least

Saying goodbye.

Garrett wasn't ready to leave when the weekend came to an end. He felt like the amount of time spent together, was as equal to the amount of time they spent saying goodbye and he hated that.

"Are you ready?" Reagan asked stepping in the doorway of her bedroom where the boy was suppose to be packing.

"Yeah." Garrett grumbled as he removed himself from the mess he had thrown in his suitcase without much care involved.

"Looks very organized."

Garrett chuckled as he looked over at the girl, "I try, baby."

She grinned and leaned against the frame of the door. Garrett ran his hand through his already messy hair as he stared at her not sure what to say from here.

"When am I going to see you again?" She asked and the boy immediately frowned, "I-I don't know. I, we-we will figure it out..." He mumbled lowly and she nodded knowing enough about him to know he was already a bit disleveled over this.

"We will you know?" He added and she narrowed her eyes at him, "We will what?"

"See each other."

"I know."

He sighed and stepped to her cautiously, "I just don't want you to think since we are miles apart this will just all end because I love you and I won't go down without a fight." He stated as he placed his fingers under her chin.

A weak grin hit her lips, "Good."

He pressed his lips to hers gently before wrapping her arms around her.

"Don't know what I'm going to do without you there." He mumbled as she buried her face into his shirt, taking in the smell she knew she would eventually miss.

"I mean, who's going to tell me when I need to shave?"

She chuckled against his chest causing a smile to hit his lips even though she couldn't see.

"Or cut your hair..." She added for him and he laughed, "Or that..."

"God why do I feel like I'll be ashamed to admit your my boyfriend in a few weeks?" She asked looking up at him.

"Hey! That's insulting."

"But true..."

Garrett rolled his eyes and she raised up, kissing his jaw.

"I love you either way. I just think you're a bit more sexy without the facial hair."

"Oh? Is that so?" He asked with a grin as he placed his hands on her hips.

Reagan nodded and he kissed her, "I've got to get going love." He whispered his hands sliding to her face.

"No..." She mumbled grasping at his shirt.

He groaned as his lips hit her forehead.

"Baby..." He cooed, although his hold on her was in no hurry to loosen up any.

She sniffled into his shirt knowing that this goodbye was a lot more serious than the others.

"Please don't cry. Thank god your brother is taking me to the airport. You wouldn't make it." He stated trying to lighten up the mood.

Reagan chuckled softly causing him to feel a bit better. Well, as much as he could at the moment.

He pulled back to look at her and he sighed as his phone went off knowing very well it was Rian.

The boy cupped her face, ignoring the phone in his pocket.

"You're brother is here."

She nodded as she wiped her eyes and he spoke again, "I love you. I'll call you when I get home, ok?"

"Ok. I love you." She whispered in a shaky voice.

"Don't be sad. I'll see you sooner than you think. I swear it. I already can't wait." He added before kissing her desperately. He didn't know how he was holding it together so well when usually that was her job.

"Give me a hug, Rea." He whispered and she slid her arms around his torso and he held her to him tightly, taking in the smell of her hair.

"I'm going to find us a place in Arizona which means you'll have to come out so you can help me decorate it because, you know me...it'll look like a comic book store or something."

Reagan laughed and he forced himself away from her, "Deal." She whispered and he couldn't stop himself from kissing her more.

"Ok, go." She mumbled knowing Rian would be at the door at any moment.

"Walk me to the door?" He asked, hopeful of another few minutes of kissing and touching her.

"I can't..." She said softly with a forced grin as she ran her hand through her hair.

"Baby, you act like you'll never see me again."

"It's just sad! Sorry you aren't sad!"

Garrett rolled her eyes and grabbed her to him, "Baby..." he cooed, "If anyone is sad it's me. I'm just trying not to be."

"Ok..."

"I'll call you right when I land."

She nodded and he kissed her before grabbing up his bag. Why it was so hard to leave her he really didn't understand. He wasn't use to this feeling.

He looked at her once more, forcing a smile before leaving the room. He sighed as he left her apartment and headed for Rian's familiar car.

"Finally!" The boy shouted from the window and Garrett rolled his eyes as he threw his bag in the back and climbed in beside him.

"What took so long?!"

"Um, I had to say bye to your sister. You know, my girlfriend."

"For 20 minutes?!"

"It wasn't that long."

"Felt like it!"

Garrett chuckled as the boy headed to the airport. He couldn't help the empty feeling that seemed to take him over the further from her he went.

"Dude, you ok?" Rian asked and he looked over at the boy quickly, "huh?"

"You're even more quiet than normal."

Garrett shrugged, "Just don't want to leave..."

"You mean, you don't want to leave without her."

"That sounds about right..." He grumbled relaxing his head on the seat and looking out the window aimlessly.

"Don't worry about it."

"I can't help it..."

"You know she's going to end up moving out there right?"

Garrett's eyes moved to the boy beside him and Rian shrugged as he kept his eyes on the road.

"She will. She's stubborn, but she loves you."

"I don't think I could let her do that..."

"Oh come on, it's a band. We don't need to be together 24/7. It'll be fine."

Garrett just stared at him unsure if he really believed that or not.

"You'll find a place, she'll visit, it'll happen. Trust me."

"I hope you're right..." He finally replied and Rian laughed, "I know I'm right."

Garrett chuckled as they pulled up at the airport.

"See you next time, man."

Garrett nodded patting the boy's shoulder before grabbing his things and heading inside to wait. The flight back to Arizona seemed to be longer than he remembered and even more lonely than he could have possibly imagined. Once he stepped into the hot Arizona weather, he slid his shades on and looked around to find a familiar face. Seconds later he heard Pat calling his name and he finally found the boy waving his arms around as he stood in front of his car.

"Hey man." Garrett spoke and Pat engulfed him in a hug not caring who was around. Garrett laughed knowing he should have expected that and hugged his friend back.

"Dude, don't leave me again." Pat said and Garrett laughed once more, "Was it that bad?"

"Brutal! No one gets me!"

Garrett threw his things in the backseat with a smile, "Well man, I'm here now!"

Pat continued talking as they got in the car and he tried to be interested but his mind kept going back to the girl he left on the east coast.

"You aren't listening!" Pat said picking up on his mood and Garrett looked over immediately, "I am so!"

"Whatever. You already miss her. Shit it is serious..."

Garrett shrugged, "I love her therefore yes, I miss her. A lot in fact."

"Should have made her come here. I miss her crazy self as well."

Garrett chuckled, "I'm sure you do. But don't worry. I have a plan and I'm hoping it works. Rian seems to think so."

"What plan is that?"

"I'm going to get my own place, invite her here, and convince her that her living with me would be amazing. Simple huh?"

Pat laughed, "Oh yeah. A piece of cake..."

"I've gotta try. I mean, I know we will tour apart and what not, but there is no reason why we should be apart when we are home. It's obsurd. I want to see her."

"Then do it and see what happens. What do you have to lose?"

"Exactly..." Garrett mumbled as they reached his house. He thanked the boy and promised he would see him later the same night and headed into the familiar house. He didn't know how he would go about finding an apartment. Afterall, he had been content with his family, but he knew it was time. He had to do it now that he had Reagan in his life.

"Garwit!" Lilly immediately greeted him and any sadness he had left quickly disappeared.

"Lil!" He replied, dropping his bags to pick her up. He spun her around and hugged the small child to his chest.

"I've missed you pretty girl." He mumbled into her curly hair.

"Missed you too!"

He kissed her forehead before placing her on her feet and his eyes went to his mother.

"Hey." He spoke hugging her as she told him she had missed him. After everyone settled around the living room Garrett decided to bring up what he wanted to do. Afterall, he needed help.

"So mom, I was wondering if you would help me apartment hunt. I'm not too sure how to go about it..."

"Why apartment hunt? You're never home. Just stay here."

Trey snorted from his position, "Mom, he has a girlfriend. Maybe he wants to sleep with her without you possiby barging in..."

"Trey! Shut up! No, I just, it's time and yeah, I'm trying to convince Reagan to move here and if I have my own place for her to do so maybe she will..."

Garrett's mom raised an eyebrow at her son, "Wait. You're doing this so a girl can move in with you?"

"Well...yeah..." He spoke cautiously, "I love her, mom. I love her a lot actually and I want her here not across country."

Garrett and his mom seemed to be in a staring contest and Garrett shifted uncomfortably in his seat waiting for her to speak.

"Well, I mean, I can help..."

"Without judgment?"

"I'm not judging you, Garrett. I like her. I really do. I just think you're rushing things."

"Maybe I am, but I don't want to be without her so I have to at least try..."

"Ok. Well, we will look tomorrow then."

Garrett nodded and relaxed in his seat. He felt a bit better now that his mom was on his side. It was his girl he was now worried about.

"Shit!" Garrett spoke shooting up from his seat.

"Sorry! Forgot to call her and tell her I was here." He added calmly before searching for his phone and heading to his room. He dialed the familiar number and fell back onto his bed. Lucky for him she picked up on the 2nd ring.

"Hello?" She spoke causing his heart to beat in his chest.

"I miss you already."

"I miss you too." She mumbled and he shut his eyes tightly.

"Next weekend. I'll fly you out. Can you come?" He asked hopeful and she sighed, "I think so actually..."

"I mean, if you don't want to..."

"What? No. Of course I do."

"Good. I know it's just two days, but by then I'll be going crazy because I've been so long without you."

The girl chuckled before speaking, "Was Lilly happy to see you?"

"Of course." He responded with a smile and she chuckled, "Can't blame her I suppose."

"Of course not."

The line went silent and Garrett breathed in, "Hopefully when you come I'll have my own place."

"You're really doing that?"

"Well, yeah!"

"Gar, seriously, don't. I mean, you're never home and..."

"Reagan. Listen to me. I want to. I need my own space and I want you to have somewhere to come to. I know you like my family, but still, imagine how much better it'll be if you stay with just me, in my own apartment."

"Ok." She mumbled and he sat up on the bed, "Ok? I love you. I'll call you before you go to sleep, ok?"

"Why?" She questioned and he grinned, "Because, you're my girl and that's what good boyfriends do. Who else will tell you to have sweet dreams?"

"Good point." She joked and he chuckled, "I love you baby. Talk to you later."

The pair hung up and Garrett laid back on his back with a sigh. This had to work out the way he planned, otherwise he didn't know where he would go from here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is the last. :| Also. I think I'm going to do another John Oh story next. I'm protesting Garrett because that beard is horrible...haha.

ALSO. If anyone is interested. I have two very active stories right now:

You Should've Been Here Feat. Vic Fuentes

They Say Feat. Oli Sykes

Anyways, thanks for commenting;
Bailey Michelle
WhoAreYouJudy
:)