Status: Completed.

Last but Not Least

In need of a comeback.

Garrett scuffed the toe of his converse into the dirt as he leaned against the bus waiting on the guys so they could go eat. He was always ready before the others. It never failed.

He watched his foot make a line in the dirt until he heard someone and looked up to see Reagan of all people.

"Scare you?" She asked with a grin and he rolled his eyes although she couldn't see them due to his sunglasses.

"No." He mumbled and before anything else could be said the very loud boys exited the bus.

"Reagan!" Pat shouted hugging the girl instantly causing her to giggle, "Hi."

"Gonna come with us?" He asked and she nodded with a smile. Of course Garrett wasn't surprised. They hadn't done anything with out her in forever.

"You should have invited your band. We need to be friends." Kennedy said throwing his arm over her shoulder as they walked.

"You are. Minus Ross."

He chuckled, "Exactly! How can we get married Rea, if I'm not accepted by your family?" He asked placing his hand over his heart causing her to laugh.

"Hey!" Pat yelled glaring at the boy with crossed arms, "Back off. She's mine. I saw her first."

"Doesn't matter, Pat. I'm better." Kennedy joked causing the girl to laugh.

"Ok, ladies settle down. The girl, if she even wants any of us, would definitely want me." John smirked tugging on her hand and Garrett rolled his eyes. Sadly John was probably right. He was likable. At least girls thought so anyways.

"Can I just take Jared then? He's normal."

Jared laughed, "Very true."

"Psh. But I'm hot."

She rolled her eyes, "Who said I agree with that?!"

"You don't have to babe, they all do." He joked opening the door to a diner they stumbled upon. She laughed her way inside and once seated John began to talk again. Go figure.

"You really don't think I'm hot?" He asked clearly unable to believe she didn't.

She groaned, "I mean, you aren't ugly John. You're cute, just not my type. Sorry."

"Burnnn." Pat snickered and John rolled his eyes, "So who's better looking than me here?" He asked as she studied the menu in her hands. Butterflies hit her stomach and Garrett's name immediately popped out of her mouth before she could even stop herself.

"Garrett." She said and her eyes went wide luckily her menu blocked the horror on her face. Garrett's head immediately shot up at that and Kennedy snickered from beside him elbowing him lightly in the side. He knew his face was now blood red and he returned his gaze to the menu on the table to cover his face with his hair.

"Garrett?" John questioned. He did not expect that so he had to clarify just to be certain.

She nodded and he spoke, "Why?"

"He's quiet unlike you." She mumbled and he rolled his eyes, "Doesn't make him cuter."

"It does. Plus he has nice hair." She said like it was a normal thing to talk about the boy only feet from her.

Garrett had now read the same sentence for thirty minutes as he listened to her words instead. She thought he was cute? Since when?

"I have nice hair!"

"I don't like blondes. Sorry."

"Face it John. Garrett's better looking. Move on." Jared said chuckling.

"Whatever." He grumbled as the waitress came over to take their orders. Garrett looked up watching the girl as she told the woman what she wanted. How she was oblivious to it all was beyond him. He wished he could be.

The group ate and left in a hurry, between Pat and John it was hard to get anywhere on time.

"We're going to be late for sound check." Jared said glancing at his watch.

"Blame her." John said pointing at Reagan who stuck out her tongue causing Kennedy to chuckle, "I swear you two are special..."

She smiled and threw her arms around the lanky boy beside her, "I love John Oh."

He grinned down at her, "I love you too little lady."

They walked back arm in arm and once at the venue she followed them inside, of course finding her band already there.

"Way to be professional you assholes!" Ethan joked, a smile on his face causing the guys to laugh.

"Fashionably late." John said pulling himself up onto the stage where their things were already set up.

Reagan took a seat beside Ross and Rian patted her head, "Less flirting more music." He teased and she elbowed him lightly as Ross rolled his eyes, "Better be no flirting." He grumbled.

"If I want there to be flirting there will be." She challenged and he just rolled his eyes once more, "Whatever."

"I mean, I'm a lot better looking then these guys so I'd hope you'd flirt with me first. Otherwise I'm insulted." Ethan joked trying to lighten the mood.

Reagan giggled and Rian scoffed, "Oh please."

"Hey! You in front row! Shut up!" Pat yelled from the drums causing Ethan to yell back. She laughed at the banter between the bands as she relaxed in her seat.

The boys began to play and her eyes went immediately to Garrett. He was focused on watching his fingers and bit his bottom lip as if he hadn't done this before. Ethan nudged her and her eyes flew to his as a smirk hit his lips. She rolled her eyes and he leaned closer to her ear.

"Have a little crush, Rea?" He teased.

"No. Shut up." She mumbled crossing her arms and he snickered, "Why not?"

"Shut up." She repeated and he let out a laugh. He found this more amusing then she did of course.

"You do. This seriously makes my day!"

"That's pathetic if it's true." She mumbled crossing her arms. There was no point in denying it, he would continue bugging her regardless.

"Oh come on! I haven't known you to like a guy since well, you had a crush on me and that was when you were 15!"

"Shut your face!" She said slapping her hand to his chest and he let out a laugh, "Well it's true."

"That crushed lasted a day. Once I got to know you my mind changed immediately."

Ethan rolled his eyes, "Oh whatever."

"Will you shut up and watch!" She hissed and John shook his head at the two as the song ended, "What are you two fighting about?" He asked and Ethan snickered as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh nothing. Carry on O'Callaghan." He said waving his hand.

"I think we need to have him escorted out!" Reagan offered causing the boys to laugh.

"Yeah Gar, escort him out so we can have a real bass player." Kennedy joked and Garrett shot him a mean look causing the girl to giggle.

"Come on." Kennedy said with a grin, urging her to get up on the stage.

"I think Garrett's playing fine."

"Or you think that he is fine." Ethan mumbled and she elbowed him as Kennedy hopped off the stage.

"Come on little girl." He said grabbing her hand not really worried about Ross who seemed to be amused by the whole thing.

"Kennedy." She whined as he pulled her onto the stage.

"I mean, if you can play one of our songs, you can replace him." John joked and Garrett rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

"Please do. Girls in bands suck." Ethan shouted and she stuck her middle finger up at him causing the others to laugh.

"Whoa. Settle it down little one." Kennedy chuckled as he returned his guitar around him.

Garrett couldn't help but laugh at the girl as he pulled his bass from around him.

"Be careful." He said placing the strap around her.

"Like I don't know how to hold one." She said with an amused grin.

The boy returned the grin as if her remark wasn't sarcastic and he adjusted the strap on her shoulder for her.

"Thanks." She whispered and he nodded as he hopped off the stage and sat beside Ethan. Ethan gave him a look and Garrett narrowed his eyes at him, "What?"

"Oh nothing." He responded with a smirk on his face which Garrett was honestly confused about. He diverted his eyes back to the girl as John asked her what song she knew. Garrett knew for sure she could play Misery simply because he had shown her a week into the tour.

"Misery. She knows that song." He spoke up for once and the girl's dark eyes met his, "Oh yeah. I do."

Garrett nodded as John gave him a smirk, "Oh right. You taught her. I forgot." He said stepping back in front of his microphone.

The girl giggled to herself as they began to play and a smile hit Garrett's lips as he watched her. He couldn't help it. Something about her just made you happy. He didn't know what it was, but it was there.

"Now you got to be like Garrett and spin around and mess your hair up." Pat said causing her to laugh. Of course she took up the challenge and had everyone including Garrett laughing as she spun around only to come to a halt as she grew dizzy.

"Whoa. Ok maybe not." John said holding onto the girl as he chuckled.

"Now we know why he looks like he wants to throw up during songs!" She groaned as Garrett climbed onto the stage.

"Hey that's not nice." He said calmly as he helped remove the bass from her.

She shrugged as she laid on her back on the stage. Garrett sat beside her, his legs crossed as he fumbled with his bass.

"Going to serenade me?" She asked with a grin and he chuckled, "No. I can't sing so you're safe."

"Bummer." She responded and he grinned, "Want me to get John to?"

"No. I've never been sung to. I'm saving it for someone special."

He laughed, "Oh I see."

She nodded and he grinned down at her. It had been some time since the two had shared a nice moment like this and it brought butterflies to his stomach.

"Hey Garrett stop fucking flirting and play!" He heard and looked over to see Tim occupying the seat he had just left. His cheeks immediately turned red as he fumbled off the floor. This was why he could never date anyone. They always humiliated him any chance they were given and how could he comeback from that?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this story will have pretty slow updates until I finish my John story! BUT once that is done, which isn't too far off, things will pick up. ;)

Thanks for commenting;
Dzsinidzsoni
Emilyyoumeatsix
Don't give up on us.
WhoAreYouJudy
Like_Woah_Xo
Lovelyhope
:)

...And yes that quote was from That Thing You Do! Haha.