Status: Completed.

Last but Not Least

Close to you.

Garrett and Reagan reached the salon not long after and she then dropped his hand as they entered which made a frown immediately hit his lips.

"Look, my friend has an emergency. His hair is horrible." She said to the girl at the desk and he grabbed her side, "It isn't that bad!"

The girl laughed, "Follow me."

"So mean." Garrett grumbled as he followed the two girls to a chair.

"Look just cut it off."

"Whoa, whoa. I agreed to a hair cut not to cut it all off!" The boy said falling into the chair.

"Just do it like it was before."

"What are you my mom?!"

The girl laughed beside the pair, "Boyfriend?" She asked and Reagan immediately blushed, "N-no, just friends." She fumbled out and Garrett rubbed his jaw uncomfortably.

"Hey maybe shave this while you're at it." She said trying to cover the awkwardness as she rubbed his cheek.

"Go away." He grumbled swatting at her hand and she laughed as she walked away leaving Garrett and the unknown girl who chuckled, "So what will it be?"

"Whatever she said." He grumbled and she laughed, "I'm Alex by the way."

"I'm Garrett and my over bearing friend is Reagan."

She laughed, "Sorry about jumping to conclusions."

He chuckled as she messed with his hair, "It's ok, kind of wish I was." He spoke honestly, his cheeks heating up immediately after the words left his mouth.

"Yeah, I can see that." She responded with a grin and he let out a sigh. If a stranger noticed it why couldn't she?

Not even an hour later Garrett had shorter hair and a clean face as he walked to the counter to pay the girl who he actually found easy to talk to. Reagan looked up from her phone as she sat near the front door. Her eyes watched the boy as he reached the desk. Her heart picking up speed. He was so cute that she found it hard to move. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"Thanks again, Alex." He said pulling his wallet from his back pocket. The girl nodded with a grin, "You're so welcome."

"Who is this and what did you do with Garrett?!" She asked once she reached the desk and Garrett rolled his eyes, "You are such an asshole."

Alex laughed and Reagan spoke, "Why? I meant that as a compliment! You look cute." She said rolling her eyes as she made her way to the door. Alex gave the boy a grin, "I don't think it will take too much to win her over."

Garrett felt his stomach churn at the thought, "Guess I'll find out. Nice to meet you."

The two said goodbye and he walked out to find Reagan waiting.

"You talked more to that girl in 30 minutes than I believe you ever have with me." She said chuckling.

"She chatted me up. Hard not to talk back." He said shrugging.

She nodded and he boldly reached out for her hand which she happily gave to him.

"Thanks for talking me into this. Feels pretty good."

"Welcome." She responded with a grin. They headed back in a comfortable silence and as they waited to cross the street he pulled his hand from hers and placed his blue jean jacket over her shoulders. It had gotten a bit chilly and he could tell she was getting cold.

"Thank you." She said softly holding it to her. The smell of him filling her nose. The boy nodded in response and placed his hand on her lower back as they headed across the street.

"Whoa. What did you do to Garrett?" Pat asked as they walked into the boys' room where the others happened to be gathered.

"Doesn't he look so handsome?" She asked patting Garrett's cheek and he rolled his eyes.

John snickered, "Oh yeah. Total stud."

"Shut up." Garrett grumbled sitting on his bed.

"Awe, did Garrett go gentleman and give you his jacket?" Kennedy asked just to mess with the boy.

She rolled her eyes as she placed his jacket on his bag before sitting beside him.

"Sorry I'm nice." Garrett joked to the girl and she giggled, "I forgive you."

"I'm bored." Pat whined as Garrett moved over on the bed placing his back against the wall. He watched the girl as she covered her mouth to yawn. She moved over to him and rested her head on his thigh causing him to almost stop breathing. He tried to play it cool though and began playing with her hair causing her eyes to shut immediately. It wasn't long until she fell asleep on him. He studied her silently as she breathed softly.

"Want me to get her off of you?" John asked and he shook his head no immediately. He liked her being close to him. Made him feel like they had something special.

John snickered, "Oh you so like her."

"I'm aware." He grumbled.

He smiled and Garrett rolled his eyes befoe he went back to watching the girl. He brushed her hair back from her face and his fingers tingled from the contact with her skin.

"Are you just going to sit there all night?" Pat asked once he came out from the bathroom as the others left.

"I don't want to wake her."

"You won't. Just lay her on the pillow."

He nodded and moved her quickly, surprised she didn't wake up. Pat nodded, "See." Garrett chuckled pulling the girl's shoes off before covering her with the blanket.

"Scared?" Pat asked with a smirk.

"Of what?"

"Sleeping with her. She's pretty cuddly sleeping."

Garrett grew nervous, "Uh..."

Pat laughed as he pulled his shirt off and climbed into his bed.

Garrett decided to go change into comfortable clothing keeping his shirt on for the girl before sliding in beside her slowly.

He watched her carefully as if she was going to wake up and freak out at any moment. Eventually his eyes grew heavy and he fell into a peaceful sleep.

When he woke up the next morning he figured out what Pat had been talking about. The girl was basically on top of him, his arms around her just as much. He shut his eyes hoping she would wake up soon and he wouldn't seem like such a creeper. He sighed and began running his fingers up and down her back debating on what to do.

"Thanks for waking me." She joked and she raised up to look at him only to realize she was lying on top of him. A blush hit her cheeks and he stopped his moving fingers as his blue eyes met her dark ones

"Well you were kind of on me so..." he fumbled out.

"S-sorry." She managed to say as she moved off of him. He nodded, a bit disappointed as the heat from her body left him.

She sat up running her hand through her hair to fix her bed head. He grinned watching her. Cute didnt even begin to describe her lately.

"I should probably go." She whispered noticing Pat was still asleep. He nodded and watched her climb from the bed. She grabbed up her shoes and flashed him a smile before leaving him be.

As she left the boy's room she came in contact with Tim who gave her a questionable look, "Well, well Miss Davenport. Where were you?"

"Uh, clearly in there."

"Mhm."

"Shut your face, Kirch. How you and Pat are related will never make sense." She said causing him to chuckle as she unlocked her door.

"Do you like Garrett?" He asked following her in. She groaned, "No. I wish people would stop with that!"

"Ok, ok. If you say no I believe you."

"You're the only one." She said digging through her bag as he leaned against the wall watching her do so.

"Maybe I just want to believe you because I kind of was wanting to know if you'd go on a date with me." He said boldly and her head shot up so fast she fell in the floor.

"What?" She managed to get out and he grinned, "Just shush and go on a date with me, Rea."

"But...you barely even like me!"

He rolled his eyes, "Not true. So we share some friendly banter. I find it amusing."

She stared at the dark headed boy from her position on the floor. This was something completely from left field. She really was a bit taken off guard.

"Ok." She finally said. She really had no reason to say no. Well besides her small crush on Garrett she just denied.

He grinned and held out his hand to help her up from the floor.

"That startled by me asking?" He asked chuckling and she rolled her eyes, "Just didn't expect it is all."

He shrugged with a grin, "Glad I have the element of surprise."

"Oh whatever." She mumbled and he laughed, "Get ready. We have plenty of time before the show. I'll come back and get you, ok?"

She nodded and he kissed the top of her hand before giving her a wink and leaving the room. What just happened and since when did Tim Kirch like her?

Her mind was now going 90 to nothing and she honestly didn't know what she just had agreed to or better yet, why she had agreed at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bet no one saw that coming. ;)

Thanks for commeting;
Lovelyhope (ugh yes! His hair and facial hair is horrible. Haha.)
OrdinaryRiches
WhoAreYouJudy (I agree! lol)
Shootingmoons
:)