Status: Completed.

Last but Not Least

A little bit of hope.

"Awe. Look at this cute shit." Garrett heard and he finally cracked his eyes open to see John with a smirk on his face and Kennedy soon joining his side.

"Aweee." Kennedy added on and Garrett groaned grabbing for the curtain only to realize it wasnt as easy with a girl on him.

"I will hurt both of you." He grumbled as he shut his eyes back. The warmth of the girl making it hard to stay up.

"Right. Im sure Ross would take back his remark if he saw this."

"I'm sleeping. Go away." Garrett responded ignoring the remark.

"And that's good and cute and shit but we play earlier than normal so we have to go ahead and set up and it's noon so..." jon said and Garrett groaned, "Ok."

"I'll give you and your girl a moment." He chuckled dropping the curtain and garrett let out a sigh.

He looked down at the sleeping girl before deciding to wake her.

"Reagan." He whispered shaking her lighty and she stirred, "No."

He chuckled, "my words exactly but apparently we have to."

"Let's quit."

"I dont think its wise to do that while in a state we know nothing about." He said laughing. A smile hit her sleepy face, "Probably right."

He stared at her as she rubbed her eyes and he had to force himself to move out of the bunk before he did something irrational and scared her off.

She sat up quickly fixing her hair and he held out his hand for her. She giggled softly which caused a smile to cover his lips as she placed her hand in his and he could help her from the bunk.

"Stupid, early day practice." She grumbled and he let out a laugh, "See you in a bit."

She nodded grabbing up her toms. He was about to say goodbye but was quickly taken off guard by her hugging him.

"Thanks for saving me last night." She said into his shirt and he finally placed his arms around her, "yeah well, I know Tim pretty well, so I know how to handle it."

She chuckled and he ran his hand up and down her back, the feeling of her against him making him want to pull her back into the bunk and cuddle with her some more.

The pair stood there for longer than he assumed would happen and once she pulled away he was slightly disappointed.

She gave him a grin and he reached out brushing her hair behind her ear, "Go before Ross comes out looking for you." He whispered.

She sighed, "I need an off day."

He chuckled, "We just had one..."

"Oh yeah..."

He laughed once more, "Go."

She gave him a grin and a small wave as she made her way off the bus. A sigh of happiness left Garrett as he leaned against the bunks. Maybe he did have a chance. He needed to give himself some credit.

"You are so whipped." John said coming out behind the boy and Garrett rolled his eyes before turning round.

"Am not. I like her. The end."

"Right, well hurry and get ready so we can go."

Garrett ignored the boy and went to go change clothes. Maybe John was right on some level...

Reagan reached the bus and once she stepped on she was immediately interrogated by Ethan.

"So, what happened with you and Garrett?" He asked following her to her suitcase.

"Uh, nothing."

"Mhm. And do you like him? Because just know, lying is not a good quality to have." He joked and she rolled her eyes, "Shut up."

"I'm going to agree this once. It's obvious you two like each other." Rian said popping up out of no where.

"Ugh, leave me alone."

"Yeah, I mean there was hardcore flirting at the signing last night." Ethan continued with a smirk.

"Was not!"

"Bullshit!" Ross said walking from the back and the girl groaned, "Leave me alone."

"Well, admit you like Garrett."

"Why would it matter to you if I do or not?"

"Oh it would. Then I wouldn't have to worry about Tim trying to put his hands on you." Ross said crossing his arms with a stern look on his face.

Reagan rolled her eyes, "Oh so it's ok for Garrett to like me? How sweet."

Ross shrugged, "He's a nice kid. A bit nerdy, but hey, that's what makes him a safe bet!"

"You are ridiculous!"

"Didn't answer the question, Rea. Do you like him?" Ethan asked with a smirk.

"Ugh, yes. Ok? Now go away!" She said walking into the bathroom and slamming the door as Ethan chuckled.

"Knew it..." He stated to Rian who rolled his eyes in response.

"Shut up!" She yelled as she go dressed quickly. Those boys were going to drive her insane. She didn't know how she would survive the rest of the tour.

Once they were ready they left to head into the venue they were playing at. The Maine was surprisingly already there and Ethan yelled grabbing all of their attention.

"We are only late because we share a bus with a girl." Rian stated and Reagan rolled her eyes.

"So do we." Pat stated pointing to John who glared at him. The group laughed and Garrett smiled as Reagan went on a search for her bass which he pointed to knowing it was hers that was next to his own.

"Thanks."

He nodded with a grin and Ethan hopped onto the stage, "So...Gar..."

Garrett rolled her eyes, "What now?"

"I know something you don't know."

"Are we ten again? What?" He asked boringly as Ethan smirked, "I mean, if you don't want to know I won't tell you."

Garrett rolled his eyes, "No, I do."

"Rght of course you do. I mean, because it could be about the girl you like liking you and you wouldn't want to miss out on that right?"

Garrett froze in his spot and Ethan smiled, "Right. Interested now?"

Garrett didn't respond just stared at the blonde boy waiting for him to speak again.

Ethan chuckled, "You like her right?"

Garrett nodded slowly. He knew who the 'her' he was referring to was so there was no point in playing dumb.

"Yeah thought so. Well, here is a secret..." he said leaning closer to the boy, "She likes you too." He whispered patting the boy's back before walking away.

Garrett couldn't move. He was stunned. Was Ethan telling the truth? His eyes wondered to the girl who was laughing with Pat as he fixed his drums. Surely the guy wasn't lying. Afterall, if anyone knew the truth it would be him. He was with her everyday after all.

"You ok?" Kennedy asked stepping over to the boy.

"Oh uh. Yeah..." He mumbled as he messed with his bass that hung around his neck. What was he going to do now?

Reagan and the group practiced first which really consisted of The Maine messing around screwing everything up.

"I give up." She finally said throwing her hands up as Ethan was on the floor laughing from something John had done.

Garrett chuckled from his seat as he watched the girl grow annoyed. He moved from his seat and walked over to her, "Why practice anyways? We know you're great." He joked giving her a wink as he helped her pull the instrument off of her.

"Come on. We can walk around while they goof off." He said grabbing for her hand causing a grin to hit her lips. Of course she liked him. How couldn't she?

She linked her fingers wth his as he pulled her from the stage ignoring the loud boys as they reached outside.

"They annoy me."

He chuckled, "You get use to it."

She sighed leaning against his shoulder as they walked aimlessly down the street.

"Where are we going?" She asked and he chuckled, "Do we ever know?"

"No, assume not."

"But tomorrow and the day after that I will!"

She chuckled, "What does that mean?"

"Meaning we will be in Arizona. Our home."

"Excited?"

"Yeah. Definitely. I'm a bit homesick so perfect timing. Seeing my family will be a plus."

"Got any cute brothers?" She joked and he shot her a look causing her to giggle.

"I do in fact have an older brother, but I'm cuter so..."

She laughed, "Who said?"

"Me."

"You?" He said through her laughter and he smiled, "What? That makes it true." He joked and she shook her head, "Not really."

"Oh? You haven't even seen my brother and you're already saying he's cuter?"

She laughed, "I'm not saying anything!"

"Mhm. Whatever." He teased and she laughed returning her hand to his.

"I'm sure he's not as cute as you." She said honestly and a blush hit the boy's cheeks.

"Guess you'll decide when you see him tomorrow."

"Why would I see him tomorrow?"

"Because, every time we come home we have a barbque at John's which means you all will have to be there."

"Ohhh gotcha."

"I mean, I know meeting my family is a huge step in our non-existant relationship.." He teased causing her to laugh, "You're right. Good thing parents like me."

He chuckled, "I can see that."

She laughed and a smile hit his lips as she swung their hands between them as they reached a park.

"Too childish for you?" She asked and he chuckled, "Not at all."

She smiled and pulled him to the swings.

"Isn't this something you would normally do with Pat?" He asked taking a seat and she leaned against the chain of he swing.

"Yeah I guess so...but apparently you have been around a lot more lately."

"Bad thing?" He questioned his eyes locking with hers. A small grin hit her lips, "I don't think so at least."

"I don't either." He responded and she gave him a smile before kicking her feet to begin swinging. He just watched her his heart beating out of his chest.

Ethan had to be right. That he was certain of, but what did that mean for him? What was he suppose to do from here? Make a move? Garrett wasn't the type. In fact, he wasn't certain how he would even go about doing such a thing. He was hopeless. He watched the girl swing beside him and let out a sigh. He would have to suck it up and ask John what he needed to do from here. Otherwise he feared he would lose his chance and that was something he didn't want to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, ok. You guys convinced me, I will keep this story going. Promise. :3

Thanks for commenting;
Lovelyhope
SincerelySerena
ThayseFerrari
Sh0ckvalue
Dzsinidzsoni
WhoAreYouJudy
Jess_ohhh
OrdinaryRiches
Katiebug16
:)