Status: Brand New-Writing Off Impulse

Worth Fighting For

The Morning After

Ben’s P.O.V.
I thought it was super strange how Sophie had left in such a hurry. I also found her story strange. I mean, I knew she had graduated from high school by now, and she wasn’t going to college yet. So, the whole studying thing was a complete lie.
After a few seconds passed since she left, I opened Danny’s door to see him passed out on his bed completely naked. One look of that and I shut the door instantly. As I pieced together everything, I realized they had slept together. At first, I was just like ‘oh, ok’, but then a giant buzzer went off in my head.
Sophie was only 17! Danny was 22! This was really bad. I walked back into the kitchen and saw Tucker sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal and I started pacing.
“What’s wrong with you?” He asked seeing my face of my worry.
“Houston, we have a problem.” I said.
“What’s going on?” He asked confused.
“I think Danny slept with a minor.” I said and he spit out his cereal.
“He what?” He asked shocked.
“He slept with Sophie.” I said.
“Seventeen year old, little sister, Sophie?” He asked.
“Yeah.” I said.
“Are you sure they slept together?” He asked putting down his spoon.
“Yeah, I’m pretty sure. I mean when she came out of the room she reeked of alcohol, and Danny was butt naked when I went in there.” I said.
“Oh they definitely had sex.” He said nodding his head.
“What do we do?” I asked.
“I don’t know. Does he know she’s only seventeen?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing.
*****
“Hey Danny, we need to talk.” I said as he walked out into the living room. Since Tucker had left, now would be the perfect time to talk to him.
“What about?” He asked with a sullen look on his face.
“What’s wrong?” I asked, temporarily forgetting about Sophie. He looked like a puppy who just got kicked.
“Well, I hooked up with this girl last night, and I just can’t get her out of my head.” He said.
“Yeah, about that. I saw her this morning.” I started.
“You did? Isn’t she gorgeous?” He asked perking up a bit.
“Sure, but dude-“ I tried.
“I just wish she hadn’t of left so soon.” He said.
“Maybe it was for the best.” I suggested.
“What?” He asked confused.
“There’s something I need to tell you about Sophie.” I said.
“Wait, how do you know her name?” He asked.
“We’ve met before.” I said.
“Oh please tell me you didn’t hook up with her!” he begged.
“No! No! I didn’t!” I said quickly.
“Then what is it?” he asked.
“She’s seventeen.” I said. At first, he was silent.
“What?” he shouted.
“Wait how do you know?” He asked before I could respond.
“Back in my first year of college I signed up to be a big brother for a kid in high school. And she was the kid I got paired up with. Dude, she’s only seventeen.” I explained.
“Oh my god.” He said putting his head in his hands.
“What are you gonna do?” I asked.
“I have no clue! Did she say anything when she left?” He asked.
“No not really, although she did try to convince me you two were studying. Then she left in a hurry.” I said shaking my head.
“I have to talk to her!” he said.
“Woah! Are you sure that’s such a great idea? Maybe you should just forget about her and move on.” I proposed.
“No! I need to talk to her! Do you have her number?” He asked.
“Look Danny-“ I began.
“Ben, I know you’re just looking out for me, but I need to talk to her, please.” He begged.
“You should talk to her in person, she works at Cheryl’s Coffee House down the street.” I sighed.
“Thanks bro!” He said patted my back.
Danny’s P.O.V.
After talking with Ben, I went and got cleaned up. Before I left, I made sure to put some cologne on. Then I headed to the coffee house. On my way there, I thought a lot about Sophie and everything that happened last night.
Like how when I picked her up she was so light. I loved how her long wavy brown hair fell when she was laying on my chest with her elbows propped up. Even when it was messy, it was cute. I loved the way she would bite her bottom lip, and then mine when we were kissing.
I took a deep breath before walking into the shop. Immediately I saw her behind the counter leaning on the register. I paused for a second to stare at her face. She was clearly lost in her own thoughts. Slowly, I walked up to her.
“Hey.” I said softly.
“Danny?” She asked surprised.
“You know normally it’s the guy that skips out on the girl the morning after.” I smiled.
“S-sorry. I just thought it would be best if left,” She stuttered at first, “Can I get you something?”
“I didn’t come here for coffee. I came here to talk to you.” I said shaking my head. She opened her mouth to say something but couldn’t get it out. I watched as she shook her head slightly.
“Sure, why not?” She sighed and stepped out from behind the counter. I followed as she walked outside and sat at a table.
“I talked to Ben.” I said. She opened her mouth in shock and quickly shut it.
“W-what did he say?” She asked.
“That you’re only seventeen.” I said waited for her reaction.
“I’m,” she said and paused, like she was trying to figure what to say. “I’m confused. If you know, then why are you here?”
“We were both really drunk last night. And I’d be lying if I said that I never thought about the possibility of you being underage before we had sex. But I guess I was just so caught up in the moment that I didn’t care. And I’m so sorry for that. I guess what I’m trying to say is, do you regret last night?” I asked.
“W-why would-,” She began and stopped, “How could I possibly regret last night?”
“Well you were pretty wasted, and probably not thinking clearly.” I explained.
“I was,” she agreed, “But the only thing I regret is risking you getting into so much trouble.”
“Huh?” I asked confused.
“If anyone ever found out that we had sex, they could tell the cops and throw you in jail. It was really selfish of me to put you in that position.” She said.
“No it wasn’t. Because if I was given a chance to do last night over again, there’s nothing I would change.” I smiled.
“Really?” She asked surprised.
“Yeah.” I said.
“I have to get back to work.” She said looking at the clock.
“Ok, can I at least get your number so I can call you sometime?” I asked hopeful.
“Sure.” She said and pulled out a notepad and pen from her apron. Quickly, she scribbled down some numbers and then handed it to me.
“I’ll see you around Danny.” She said and walked away. I couldn’t help but smile as I walked out of the coffee shop.
I was just so happy that she didn’t regret last night. I was really worried that it might have been her first time and I had ruined everything. Well, I don’t know if it was her first time, but at least I know I didn’t break her.
“So did you talk to her?” Ben asked as I walked into the apartment.
“Yeah.” I said and smiled.
“Well how did it go?” He pushed.
“I got her number.” I said.
“I’m sorry, what?” He asked.
“We talked, and I got her number.” I repeated.
“Why? I thought the point was too smooth things over so no one ever found out about this?” He asked.
“Dude, why can’t you just be happy for me?” I asked.
“Because she’s seventeen! You’re twenty two!” He said.
“So? I like her, Ben. A lot.” I said.
“Are you serious?” He asked.
“Yes. Do you really think I would have gone over there if I didn’t?” I asked.
“I guess man, but you’ve got to be careful. You have to take things slow.” He said.
“I will man.” I said.
“So what now?” He asked.
“Now I see where this goes.” I concluded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are about to pick up in the next couple of chapters! :D