Status: [updated 12/07/14]

The Brat Pack

Multi-Talented

Allison skips lunch, stuffing a few chips in her mouth as she wanders the empty halls. She can hear shouting coming from the classrooms around her. She stops at one. It's silent inside. She puts a few more chips in her mouth and drops the remaining into her bag, brushing her hands together before knocking on the door.

Mrs. Geller opens the door and smiles down at Allison. "Hello, dear," she says, putting her glasses on and examining Allison. "Why, is it final period already? My old age, I'm losing track of time!"

"Uh, no, actually, it's lunch right now."

"Oh." Mrs. Geller frowns. "Then what can I help you with?"

"I was wondering if I could work on my clay piece?"

Mrs. Geller smiles, holding the door wide open for Allison. "Well, I don't see why not. As long as you're out of here on time when the bell rings."

Allison nods, coming inside and closing her eyes. She breathes in the smell of paint. She hears the door click behind her. Mrs. Geller smiles as she goes back to her desk, sitting down and turning up the radio. Soft music fills the room.

Allison pulls her bag over her head and sets it down on a table, going over and picking up her clay piece and a sculpting knife.

"Make sure to be careful with that, dear," Mrs. Geller says sternly, looking over at Allison.

Allison nods. "I will."

Mrs. Geller smiles again, replacing her glasses as she picks up a thick book and flips through it.

Allison sets her clay down and studies it, picking up the knife and carving patterns all over. She smiles as she works, humming along to the music.

She's in a trance when the bell rings, the halls filling with loud voices. As kids start coming into the room, Allison puts her piece back and replaces the knife in its proper place. She grins as she leaves, heading off for Chemistry. Her piece reflects in her brain as she walks, turning over every detail in her mind.

She knows he's going to love it.