Status: [updated 12/07/14]

The Brat Pack

I've Seen You Before, You Know...

Bender hates this class. Out of all the fucking things he has to take this year, he undoubtedly hates this class. He stares down a table of girls in the back, laughing and chatting away.

"Alright, everyone!" Mrs. Geller calls, clapping her hands. She picks up the glasses hanging around her neck, setting them on her nose. "I'm going to take attendance so please, quietly and in an orderly fashion, get your clay pieces and put them on your desk, and wait until I'm finished."

She smiles at the class. Bender mimics her, crossing his arms and slouching down in his seat. Fuck that. At his table, Johnny Ore and Craig Delflo laugh, high fiving.

When the crowd around the clay finally lessens, Bender gets up and grabs his shit, staring down at the tiny pieces in his hand.

With Mrs. Geller's suggestion, he had made two friendship necklaces for Kelly Pinca, the fat girl in the back.

The assignment was that everyone would get a slip of paper with someone's name, and they had to make a clay piece for that person.

So of course, he got the fat girl. Originally, Bender was going to make Kelly a piece of lettuce, but Mrs. Geller looked like she was going to shoot him when he told her his idea.

Instead, she suggested he make the charms, and she would get chains for him to put them on.

The charms are two slices of pizza. She's fat. He couldn't help himself with shit like this.

Mrs. Geller waits until everyone is sitting and quiet. She clasps her hands together. "Okay, everyone. It's time to trade gifts. Go ahead!"

The class scrambles as they give pieces away. Bender walks over to Kelly's table and sets the charms down quickly. When he gets back to his table, he stops and stares at what's in front of his seat.

He sits down and picks the round piece up, turning it in his hands. It's gray, with many intricate designs on the inside. He studies it, a smile creeping over his lips.

"No shit," he says, turning it around again. "Johnny, Craig, who left this?"

Craig laughs as he motions with his head. Bender turns in his seat, looking at a table in the corner. There, a girl draws quickly in her notebook. What the fuck? Allison? How long had she been in this class?

Bender turns around, staring down at the ashtray in his hands.

"I think she has a crush on you," Johnny says with a grin, Craig cackling beside him.

"Poor girl," Craig says as he wipes a tear from his eye. "Probably special ed or somethin'."

Bender remembers back to detention. When he had first seen Allison. This is where he knew her from.

He swears under his breath.