Status: [updated 12/07/14]

The Brat Pack

What's The Deal?

Everything is pulsing. The music, the blood in his veins, his head. Mostly his head.

Loud laughter floats in through the open back doors as Andy stumbles into the kitchen, grabbing the island counter for support. He fills his cup to the brim with beer, taking a large sip.

"There you are!" a voice calls from his left.

Andy turns his head, his vision dancing. "Oh, hey," he mumbles, letting all the lines straighten out again. He grins a crooked grin when he realizes it's Stubbie. "Oh, hey! I've been looking all over for you."

"Yeah? You don't look too good, man."

Andy throws his hand sloppily in the air as a dismissal. "Nah, I'm fine." He suppresses a hiccup.

Stubbie grins, opening the fridge and pulling out a nearly empty bottle of ketchup. "Good, because I've found a group of stunning ladies who would love a round of spin the bottle." He winks at Andy as giggles float all around.

Andy slants his eyes, noticing the group of girls huddled in the doorway. Where had they come from?

"To the basement, then?" Stubbie says, letting a blonde take his arm as he leads the way. All the girls follow, except for a pretty redhead who comes over to Andy and takes his arm.

"Hi," she says, twirling a strand of silky hair. "I'm Haley."

"Ally?" Andy frowns at her, then shakes his head to clear it. No. No, this can't be Ally. Everything about her is so wrong.

"No," the girl drawls out. "Haley."

"Yeah. Isn't that what I said?" Andy's drink sloshes over the side of his cup as he pulls her along into the basement. She huffs behind him.

"Had a little too much, have you?" she tries to tease.

He grins at her. "Too much? Not enough, I'd say!"

A group has formed in the center of the basement. Stubbie waits for Andy and Ally... Haley to sit before he dims the lights.

"All right, ladies and gentlemen." He places the bottle in the center of the circle. "You spin, and whoever it lands on... wins." Stubbie winks at the blonde.

"I'll go first," Haley volunteers, smiling at Andy as she spins.

The bottle lands on Jacob, a tan skinned boy. Haley stretches across the circle and kisses his cheek quickly, frowning and staring longingly at Andy. Jacob takes his turn, kissing a larger brunette a few places to his right.

The game goes on for some time, the bottle miraculously never landing on Andy once. It's Stubbie's turn now, and his spin lands on Haley. He tries to kiss her mouth, but she turns her head quickly so he only catches the side of her lips and her cheek. Haley spins, the bottle landing on the girl to Andy's right – Sarah, he thinks. Quickly, Haley grabs the tip of the bottle and turns it slightly until it lands on him. He hears snickers.

"Pucker up, cutie pie!" Stubbie calls from across the circle, making kissing noises at Andy.

Haley smiles as she leans in, but Andy leans back. So far back that he smacks his head on the wood floor.

"Ow," he mutters, rubbing the back of his head.

Haley's hand flies across her mouth as she leans over him. "Are you like, okay?"

"I'm good." Andy sits up and nearly has time to dodge Haley again.

"Dude, what's the matter?" Stubbie asks, setting his cup down.

Andy shakes his head. He swears he feels his brain rattling around in there. "You," he points at Haley, watching as she takes on a look of offense. "I mean, no, not you. But it is. You're not Ally."

"Who?" she demands, narrowing her eyes, sitting on her knees with her hands on her hips.

"Ally. Al-ly. Ally! I want Ally. Not you!" Andy stands up quickly and makes his way to the steps, knocking over some cups as he goes.

"Andy!" Stubbie shouts, his voice fading as Andy takes two steps at a time. He bursts through the door, glancing around. "Ally," he calls, "has anyone seen Ally?"

A few stop and glance at him curiously. A few shake their heads, some girls perking up.

"Ally!" he shoulders his way through the crowd. "I need Ally!"

"Andy?" a shy voice says behind him.

Andy turns around quickly and falls over. He looks up, smiling brightly as the light from the hall halos her head. "Ally!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SO sorry that it's taken this long to update. I'm going to try and get in the habit of updating this regularly. I did lose some followers for my laziness, but to those who stuck around - thank you, you guys mean the world to me!