‹ Prequel: Lost.
Status: Re-write. Enjoy.

Deal With the Devil

T W O

Her days were mostly the same. Cleaning, online classes at two, avoiding Jordon like the black plague, and sometimes she and the other girls would make time to spend with each other.

When she had been taken, she was only in the beginning of her Junior year of high school, and after much begging and pleading, Jordon eventually gave in and let her complete the rest of her classes through an online program. She graduated faster than she would've normally and decided to begin college classes soon after. But throughout all of that, she realized Jordon had done much more than just taken away her safety and dignity, but also her last name. On her diploma and transcripts, she was no longer Jayden Samuels, but it read Jayden Terrell. She couldn't figure out how he had done it without her permission or even what it meant, for that matter. Was she married to him or did he just do it to cover his ass?

Jayden could never figure it out and it bothered her to no end.

It was nearing three in the afternoon as she sat at the desk in her bedroom on her laptop. It was her class-time, and she, along with the rest of her "class," were currently studying a novel for a literature assignment. She sat cross-legged in a black leather office chair, having changed into something more comfortable earlier. She pushed her black-framed glasses further up her nose, sighing and resting her chin against the palm of her hand.

She was concentrating so deeply, she didn't even hear Jordon enter the room until he walked directly behind her to get to their closet.

She tore her eyes away from the computer screen and watched as he dressed in an all-black outfit before reaching for his infamous sunglasses and a bandana. She knew he was going somewhere that involved his simple disguise, which meant nothing good was coming from it.

As he tugged on his sneakers, she quickly averted her gaze back to the screen, pretending not to have noticed him. She felt his presence behind her once more before his foot steps stopped yet again. Out of the corner of her eyes, she could see him pulling the familiar black hand-gun from the bed-side table drawer on his side of the bed. He stuck it in the waist of his jeans before disappearing from the room.

A chill was sent up Jayden's spine. Of course she knew Jordon, along with the rest of their roommates, were in illegal businesses, but it still never failed to disgust her. Jordon and George, also known as Johnny Three Tears, were the leaders, or at least they took on that roll in the group. Jordon handled a lot of the drug dealings, more than anyone else, and Jayden knew he often did more than just smoking weed.

She shuddered, swiftly running a hand through her hair and turning her attention back to her classwork. At least her classes were able to take her mind away from everything that surrounded her, even if she might not able to ever make a career out of what she studied. She had learned to accept it.

- - - - -


It was around two in the morning when Jayden was awoken. Her body stiffened when she heard the door open and it didn't help when the light was turned on, revealing Jordon himself. She pulled the comforter up to her neck, taking in his disheviled appearance. He still wore his bandana, sunglasses, and a black hat, and as he unbuttoned his jacket, she could see the blood stains on his white t-shirt. Before stepping into the bathroom, he set his gun on the dresser beneath the flat-screen television that hung from the wall.

Jayden rolled her eyes, curling into a ball on her side so he couldn't see her face if he looked. She heard the shower start and the sounds of his clothing hitting the floor. She let her eyes flutter shut and tried to fall asleep, blocking out his presence with the sounds of the T.V. that played lowly. Ever since being taken, she couldn't sleep without a nightlight of some sort. It usually ended up being the T.V. even if she wasn't paying attention to what was on, at least until Jordon would get home. No matter how much she hated him, or wanted to at least, he comforted her enough to help her fall asleep at night when he was around.

Her mind was beginning to see black when she felt the bed dip. Again, for the second time that night, her eyes shot open. Jordon sat at the edge of the bed with his back towards her, the channel 2 news now on the T.V. His hair was damp and she noticed how it was beginning to curl around his ears, meaning he'd be cutting it all off soon. But the image of six familiar masks being flashed across the screen caught her attention.

Her stomach sunk as they talked about them. Then they switched to footage of a burning house, flames erupting from all over. Five people had been killed, a family. The police had reason to believe it was intentional. And Jayden wondered bitterly why that couldn't have just happened to her.

She sat up a little, leaning back against the pillows. She could see the small smirk on Jordon's face as the news anchor spoke of Hollywood Undead, the masks, and what other crimes they had committed in the past. But it was when they mentioned that the gang had never been caught and that the only evidence they had was sketches of their masks that Jordon laughed out loud.

It made Jayden sick to her stomach.

She slumped back under the covers, practically pulling them over her head. Only minutes later, the room went black and she felt Jordon lay beside her. In the darkness, she could see the small smile on his face as he drifted into sleep. His light breathing was the only sounds she could hear, and she closed her eyes tightly, turning her back to him.

After being woken up so many times, sleep seemed impossible. She sighed, absently biting her lip. She was lost in thoughts when she felt his hand reach out and grab her waist. He pulled her closer, flush against him, and she oddly didn't mind, though it had suprised her. It was the little things that made her fall in love with Jordon.