Status: Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!!

Do You Love Me?

School

Mallory smiled and inhaled Kurt’s scent when she woke up. Somehow during the night, Kurt must have woken up and carried her to her bed because when she opened her eyes she saw that the scenery had changed from the living to the magenta walls of her bedroom. Kurt’s arm was lazily wrapped around her waist but instead of the clothes he was in last night, he was now just in his boxers. Mallory wanted to lie in bed with Kurt all day but knew she couldn’t, she had to get to school.

“Kurt, wake up.” She mumbled trying to get out of his grip.

He pulled her closer and grumbled, “Don’t wanna.”

“You have to. I have to go to school.” Mallory squirmed out of his grip and grabbed some clothes.

Kurt sleepily smiled and sat up, “Mmm don’t say it like that. You make me feel like a pedophile.”

“We would be in the same grade.” She snorted.

He shrugged, “Eh, whatever. By the way if you see my sister, don’t tell her that I’m here.”

Mallory made a face, “Why?”

“She’ll tell my mom and maybe dad, and that’s all I need is to have them show up demanding to know why I’m mooching off such a lovely girl like you.”

She shrugged and popped her back before walking into the bathroom to take a quick shower and change. When she was done, Mallory walked into the kitchen area to find Kurt cooking eggs and toast. He set a plate that contained two eggs and one slice of white bread in front of her.

“Bon appetite.” Kurt sent Mallory a wink before turning around and cooking his food.

Mallory mumbled a thank you before eating everything on her plate and setting the dish in the sink. She glanced over at the clock and made a face when she realized that she had to leave soon.

“Do you need to be dropped off somewhere, or are you just going to stay here?” Mallory questioned.

Kurt thought for a minute before replying, “Nah, I think I’ll be fine here.”

“Okay, well I’m going to school now. Have a good day, I’ll be back later. If you leave there’s a spare key under the loose floorboard outside of the door. No parties and um….yeah just don’t break anything or get into trouble.”

He snorted and kissed her cheek softly, “Thanks, mom.”

Mallory ran her fingers through his hair and kissed him before saying goodbye again and leaving with her car keys in hand. On the way to school she hummed a simple tune to herself. Once she pulled into the parking lot she found that some kids were sitting around outside smoking cigarettes and chatting. Mallory parked and pocketed her keys after pulling them out of the ignition. Right as she got out of her vehicle one of the kids called out to her.

“Ay yo! You got a lighter?” A boy with shaggy brown hair asked.

She nodded and reached into her pocket pulling out the simple lighter she had picked up from a gas station not too long ago. He jogged over to her and took the lighter, lighting his cigarette before handing the lighter back to Mallory.

“You must be new, huh? Names Tony. Tony Vasquez.” He introduced himself after taking a drag off the cigarette.

She nodded, “Mallory Everest.”

Tony held the cigarette out to her and she gladly took a drag off of it before handing it back. Before Tony could say anything, the first bell rang.

“Well I guess I’ll see ya later. You should sit with me and my friends at lunch. You look like you could use some friends.” He shouted over his shoulder on his way into the building.

She shuffled off to class, dragging her feet along the way not really wanting to be there. She would much rather be at her apartment with Kurt right now. She wondered what he was doing right now. Scenarios played in her head about what he could be up to. He could be playing his guitar, watching TV, sleeping, maybe he went out with friends. She just hoped that there wouldn’t be a huge mess to clean up when she got back to the apartment.