Broken Wings

Chapter 2

Broken Wings
Chp. 2
Joe’s POV
​I step down from out private jet onto the ground. The wind is blowing through my hair. Then I realize something, it is cold here! I fasten the buttons of my jacket and proceed to the station. I’m shivering. I step inside the station to get a cab to my hotel. My phone rings. The caller ID says, “Nick.” I answer. “Hey, Nick!” I say. “Hey, Joe! Did you get to the station yet?” he asks. “Yup! I’m right here,” I say in return. “I have to go to my hotel. I’ll call you then. Bye!” I tell him. “Okay. Bye!” he says. I hang up and walk to the front desk. “Excuse me. Can you call a taxi for me?” I ask. “Sure,” The lady at the desk replied. She dials the phone number.
​I wonder how this movie is going to turn out. I’m guessing it won’t be bad. I haven’t read it in its entirety yet. I was just too lazy. I want to meet the script writer who is also interestingly the main actress. Some people in this world want it all. I hope she isn’t some stuck up pre-Madonna like in my last movie.
​“Excuse me. The dispatcher said they’ll be here in three minutes. You might want to wait outside,” she suggested. “Thanks. I will,” I say in reply. I exit the station. The taxi is already there. I get in. “To the Marks Hotel,” I tell the driver. The car starts moving.
​I look into the bag and pull out the script entitled “How I Survived.” It’s basically a story about a girl in a residential treatment center how is comforted and helped by a handsome staff member. It’s interesting. I guess I’ll read it. It’s a pretty sad story from what I’ve read so far.  
​“We’re here!” the cab driver exclaims. I pay the cab driver and exit the taxi. The hotel is beautiful with granite walls and glass doors. I enter this luxurious hotel and go to the front desk. “Excuse me. I have a reservation for Joe Jonas,” I say. She types in the computer and smiles. She hands me my room key and I make my way to the elevators. I look down at my room key. It says the 7th floor. I enter the elevator and press 7. I arrive at my floor and go to my room. I enter my room.
​I sit down on my bed and take out the script from my bag and begin reading it again. “Interior. Leila’s room…”