Broken Wings

Chapter 4

Broken Wings
Chp. 4
Joe’s POV
​I’m almost finished reading this script. It’s amazing. “The end” I read. What a happy ending! I put away the script into my bag. I turn on the TV.
​“News is Joe Jonas is starring in a new movie called ‘How I Survived.’ The story is about a girl in a residential treatment center who is comforted and helped by a mental health worker,” Juliana says in E! News. I turn off the TV. I won’t listen to trashy gossip shows. I turn in my bed and lay down. I’m jet lagged. I close my eyes….
​I open my eyes and see a young girl, about fifteen, in front of me. She is wearing a blue dress. She has dark brown eyes and black hair. She is chubby. She has a big smile on her face. I notice I am lying down on the forest ground. “Come with me,” she says. “Okay,” I say in reply. I get up from the ground and follow the pretty girl. “By the way, my name is Jasmine,” she says. “Nice name!” “Thank you,” she says. We walk through the trees to a small lake. Jasmine takes off her shoes and walks to the lake. She looks back at me. “Aren’t you going to join me?” she asks. “I will,” I take off my shoes and follow her. She walks into the water. Her dress gets wet. I follow her in and my cloths get wet as well. She dives in and rises to the surface. Her hair is wet. I do the same. There is a sad expression on her face. “What’s wrong?” I ask, concerned. “Everything,” she replies. A strong, masculine voice is heard. “You are to help and comfort this girl,” the voice said. I look back at Jasmine. A tear rolls down her face. I give her a hug.
​I wake up. It was just a dream. I look at the script from my bag. The writer is a girl named Jasmine Ahmed. I can’t wait to meet her. I’m going to take a walk.