Broken Wings

Chapter 6

Broken Wings
Chp 6
Joe’s POV
​I’m walking the street and thinking about Jasmine. She’s nothing the way I thought she would be. She’s super sweet. She seems different. I didn’t even have a full on conversation with her and I can sense it. She’s pretty. She has that exotic beauty about her. She looks Indian. I want to hang out with her.
​I can’t wait to start filming this movie. It seems interesting. I play Adam in this movie and he helps a girl named Leila. They go through ups and downs as friends. Finally, she is discharged from the residential treatment center. They stay best friends for years after. Sounds nice, doesn’t it?
​I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I got a text message from my brother, Kevin. “Hey. Are you at the hotel, yet?” he texted. “I was,” I text back. I put my phone in my pocket and walk back to the hotel.
​ I’m in my hotel room. I feel antsy. I feel like pacing the halls.  I walk out in the hall and guess who I find? Jasmine! She is holding a cup with ice in it. “Hey Jasmine!” I say to her. “Hey Joe!” she replies, “I’m heading back to my room come with me if you want to talk.” “Okay,” I say. I follow her down the hall. Then, I realize something. She looks exactly the way she did in my dream. I have never met her before this and I have a dream about her! WOW! She stops in front of her room. “You want to come inside? My mom and sister are here,” she asks. “Um… sure,” I say wondering if that’s the appropriate thing to do. I enter her room. Her mom is sitting on the bed and her little sister is sitting on the floor by here. Their eyes travel to me. “Joe, this is my mom and my sister,” she says. “Hi,” I say to them. I shake their hands. They are nice people. “Do you want to go over the script together?” Jasmine asks. “I’d like that. Let me get my script,” I say. I go over to my room and grab my script.