Status: completed

In the Darkest Times You Find out What You're Made Of

Normal, was not a word in Jessica Watts' vocabulary but that's the case with everyone associated with Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, better known, or unknown, as S.H.I.E.L.D. She stumbled upon the organization about three years ago, or rather, they approached her. They knew everything about her; her and her older sister's tortured childhood, her powers: flight and the ability to manipulate light, and those of her sister: shape-shifting and enhanced agility.

It was her sister, Kimberly, that they had contacted her about. While Jess was determined to attempt to live a life of 'normalcy' upon the death of her demented father, Kim had other ideas. She saw herself as superior and felt that it was insulting to be seen as anything less. Revenge driven, she had plans to take over the world and taking anyone who tried to stop her down along the way. S.H.I.E.L.D. and Jessica stepped in, stopping her before she could cause too much damage. Kim died that day, at the hands of her younger sister.

Since then, Jessica faced the fact that normal was never going to come to her. Ever. So she stayed with S.H.I.E.L.D, working off and on whenever she was needed. After having some down time, she was being called in again. But it wasn't for a routine mission that she was used to, no, it was much bigger than that. There was another threat to Earth and as a new addition to the Avengers Initiative, it was her job to stop it.