Worlds Apart

Leaving

I trailed my fingers up and down his back gently. His skin seemed to glow in the dim light of my bedroom lamps. I kissed his head gently, running my free hand to his raven black hair. He was perfect, beautiful, amazing, but most importantly, he wasn't and couldn't be mine. A few tears escaped my eyes. They burned a trail into my cheeks as the fell.

Andy's arms tightened around my waist. He didn't have to feel the tears hit his body to know the pain that was crashing through me. He propped himself up on one of his elbows so he was leaning away slightly, but still hovering over me. I couldn't bring myself to meet his beautiful blue eyes so I stuck with looking just over his shoulder at the clock.

2:53

"Nicole," he whispered. His deep voice sent a shiver down my spine. I felt his hand cup my chin and tilt my head up, forcing me to look at him. "Please don't cry, Nicole." His blue eyes were so vivid that I wanted to cry again. I felt my eyes fill up again and I blinked quickly, trying to get them to go away.

"I'm sorry, Andy." My voice was choked with tears. He sighed and rolled us over so we were on our sides, looking at each other. Andy grinned a little and rolled his eyes as I tugged the covers up over my pajama clad figure. I gave him a watery smile which he sighed at.

He sat up and moved his legs off the edge of my bed. He stretched and I watched the muscles in his back go taught. Silently I crawled out of the covers and kissed the spot where his neck and back met. My arms wrapped around his waist. Andy sighed again as I rested my head on his shoulder blade.

We sat in silence, watching the clock on the wall continue to keep moving forward. It didn't bother to stop moving so we could just preserve this moment forever. I felt a surge of hatred go through me. It was so strong I had to get out of this room. I had to get away from the clock that didn't care about anything. Get away from the nightmares that had plagued this room since we got the news. Get away from the silence that would drive me insane. Most importantly though, I had to get away from Andy.

"Nicky?" Andy asked as I walked away from him. I didn't reply. I couldn't reply. If I did I would burst into tears and we both knew I couldn't do that. Not tonight. Not our last couple hours together for god knows how long.

I silenced his words by closing the door behind me. My feet made quiet thumps on the hardwood as I padded my way toward the kitchen. The house was silent, making me regret the choice to ask my brother to give us the night alone. If Johnathon was here then maybe I wouldn't be so terrified of everything.

I flicked the kitchen light on and made my way to hop on the island. I grabbed a cookie that I had made earlier that night and looked at the time.

2:56

I closed my eyes, trying not to scream. All the emotions battling in me were hard to get a grip on. Fear, hurt, despair, hope, want, jealousy, anger... I couldn't tell what I wanted. All that was certain was that almost everything that kept me grounded was being torn away from me.

The rustling sound coming from the hallway was my first clue that he had followed me. So when he stepped in between my swinging legs and brought my arms up around his neck, I didn't jump. His lips hovered by my ear. It was either the coolness of his breath, his deep sexy voice, or maybe a combination of both that caused me to shiver.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong now?" His hands wrapped around my hips.

I opened my eyes to glare at him. An innocent little grin spread across his face as his fingers traced a burning path on my bare skin. "Andrew."

"Nicole," he mocked.

"Why do you make my life so difficult?"

"Why are you making this night so hard?"

"You didn't answer my question." I pointed out angrily. He knew how much I hated it when he did that. By the sexy smirk on his face he was enjoying it to.

"You called me 'Andrew.'"

"That's your name!" I said, throwing my hands in the air. "Would you rather I call you Dennis? Because I can buddy. Don't doubt it." I poked his chest hard, but he just caught my hand and held it to his chest.

"You can call me what ever you want, Nicky. But remember this," he said quietly. "Dennis is my porn star name!" Andy grabbed my cookie and ran out of the room while I was still frozen in shock.

"Andrew Dennis Biersack! Give me back my cookie you little cookie whore!" He laughed out loud as I chased him around the room. I caught a glimpse of his jean clad gazelle legs and quickly wondered when he had pulled his jeans back on. I chased him around the house for a few minutes before we both collapsed on my bed in a fit of laughter. Our legs were tangled together, dangling over the edge. My head rested on his chest that was breathing rather heavily at the moment.

"Feeling better now?" Andy's voice was light and breathless. I slapped his chest laughing and rolled off him. Unfortunately for me, rolling over meant falling off the side of my bed. Andy's laugh filled my whole room as I grumbled. He reached a hand to help me up and I slapped it away, rubbing my ass. My eyes landed on the clock.

3:10

"Is everything you need packed, Andy? We have to leave soon." He nodded and leaned back on my bed. I grabbed a batman t-shirt and a pair of jeans before heading into the bathroom to change. When I came back he was fully clothed and holding a picture of us.

"Come on, Batman. It's time to get going." He nodded and grabbed his bags. We loaded up the car, locked the front door and pulled out of the drive way. I glanced at the clock when I hit the main roads.

3:15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've got everything you need? You aren't forgetting anything?" I asked again, looking up in his heart-breakingly beautiful blue eyes. He just nodded at me, chuckling. I took another sip of my hot chocolate. I detested coffee, it was gross to me. I mean, how can people drink that stuff?

"We are now boarding flight 317 to Los Angeles." We froze a bit, looking at each other. The sun was starting to pull up on the horizon, making sure to remind me that this was the day. Andy held his ticket in one hand and grabbed mine in the other.

He led me to the terminal and stood there, looking at me. I could feel another set of tears rise behind my eyes. He was my best friend, my crush, my protector, my love, my everything. And now he was leaving. I stepped forward and hugged him tightly.

"Call me when you get there, okay? I want to make sure your plane didn't crash." I said pulling away from him and blinking away tears.

"Of course, Nic. And it's not goodbye, you know that. It's just a 'See you later'." He said, grabbing his carry on item. I nodded, not believing a single word he said. I knew that as soon as he got his life going over in the sunny sate of California, he would forget all about me.

I watched him board his flight. He turned around and waved to me before walking out of sight. I wrapped my arms around myself tightly as I stood by the window, waiting for the plane to take off. When it finally did, I let the tears fall freely, but silently.

"Goodbye Andy. I love you," I whispered, looking up at the clock on the wall.

5:00
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think! I mean, it's the first chapter and all, but yeah. Just let me know what you think. Thanks! :)