Status: active. hopefully new chapter every sunday

Crossfire

Attempting to Break Down Walls

On the plane ride to Baltimore we had discussed some of our thoughts about this certain unsub and then took a chance to get some rest before we put all of our hard work into this. Morgan had agreed to play cards with me so while most everyone was asleep we were up.

I caught myself ever so often staring from the cards to the sleeping Rory in the seat next to Morgan. I tried to focus myself at my expertise. Morgan caught my eyes drifting towards Rory again about the fifth time.

Morgan laughed,” Man kid, take a picture so you’ll have something to look at for later!”

I scowled”, she just looks really peaceful. I’m jealous of how peaceful she looks that’s all..”

Morgan looked as if he didn’t believe me but he let it go. Heck, I didn’t even believe myself on that lie. She was just beautiful and the Halloween facts that spew out of her lips shocked me. She didn’t come off as the type to know random facts. She seemed like the pretty girl who belonged in Hollywood.

I spent a little longer watching her sleep before JJ came over to tell me to wake up agent Kerr since we would be in Baltimore in less than ten minutes. I stood up reluctantly and stood right next to the sleeping beauty. I felt awkward as I timidly put my hand on her shoulder. She shook awake quickly and grabbed my wrist like she was about to pull some karate move until she realized who I was. That reaction puzzled me. I’m sure at some point maybe we would all know why she reacted like that or maybe she’ll just tell me.

I apologized,” I’m sorry I was just waking you up to tell you that we were here.”

She shook her head,” no I’m sorry. I don’t know why I almost took you down for that. My bad.”

I put my hands up in defense,” No offense taken, Should have known better than to stealthily wake up a ninja.”

I caught Morgan give me a weird look than shake his head. Rory half smiled at my lousy joke. We got off the plane and Hotch had sent Rory, Rossi, and I to the crime scene while everyone else went to the local police department.

When we arrived Rossi went straight to the head investigator and left Rory and I to scan the surroundings ourselves. She followed me around the property, looking for anything unusual. I stated,” So tell me about you.”

She looked up from the edge of one of the window sills and replied,” What do you wanna know?”

I shrugged,” I dunno. Life story? Any traumas?”

She raised her eyebrow and chuckled,” Man, you get right to the point.”

I looked confused,” Usually I can read people. By their reactions I can try and guess what ever happened to them at one point in the life but with you, it’s a different story like everything that may have happened to you is like hidden and locked up so tight.”

She asked,” What makes you think I’ve gone through trauma Dr. Reid?”

I started to back track,” I don’t mean to pry or anything but the way you reacted when I woke you up today…”

She retorted,” In adults, 50% of them have occasional bad dreams.”

There she went using my knowledge against me. Who would even know that fact? Oh wait; me. And I guess her too. I then just shut myself up. I had an obvious no luck with woman. I always did something to screw things up. With Lila I told her that her manager was killed right after we kissed. Good timing huh?
♠ ♠ ♠
Rory's outfit