Status: active. hopefully new chapter every sunday

Crossfire

Copying from Literature

She laughed, “Impressive Dr. Reid. But I’m starting to get the feeling that we might be leading this case due to our knowledge on Poe. So I’m sorry for snapping earlier at you.”

She stuck her hand out and said,” I’m Dr. Rory Kerr; I have three PHD’s, Mathematics, psychology, and criminology. But I don’t really like to go by Dr because I don’t think anyone would really believe it if I told them, I get the whole your too pretty thing. I have an IQ of 187. I’m 25 years old and my birthday is on Halloween so my birthday is in two days. I’m a dead shot with a gun, probably one of the best shooters you’ll ever meet. And… I apparently like to ramble on and on.”

Rory’s POV:

He shook my hand as I spoke. As much as I hated to admit, he and I were a like. I’m not sure why I used the word hate, it’s more afraid to admit. I don’t usually like letting people in. I was only letting him know what I wanted him to know, at least for now. He didn’t need to know my past to get this case done and solved.

Spencer laughed then replied,” Don’t worry, I ramble quite often. I most ramble random facts though. You can even ask the whole team.”

His smile was definitely charming. The funny thing was that you could basically see the nerves radiating off of him. Just like him, I was good at reading people. I was getting the vibe that he wasn’t used to being around me. He had some sort of doubt about himself that made him this way around me.

We were still shaking hands for some reason until Rossi walked out of the house. He quickly took his hand back with an embarrassed smile. Rossi raised his eyebrows at us before telling us that we were going to go deliver the profile to law enforcement.

We weren’t going to release the profile to the news shows, just the police. It sounds horrible but we needed to wait for another murder to make sure our profile was completely right before warning all the public.

Rossi had already prepped the rest of the team over the phone so when we got to the precinct
everyone was ready. The head detective gathered all the police officers and awaited our profile of this killer. Hotch stated,” This suspect is a copy cat in his own way. He’s not copying murders from the past; he’s copying from words of literature.”

Reid added,” By the means of literature we mean Edgar Allan Poe.”

I explained,” Whoever committed this last murder is extremely fond of the poet. Creating his murder scene and background from the inspiration of Poe’s poems and/or short stories.”

JJ stated,” We are looking into possibilities that he could possibly belong to some kind of out loud poem reading club.”

Hotch nodded,” We will keep all of you posted if we inherit any more education about this suspect.”