Status: I'll try to keep updating

Dedication Takes a Lifetime but Dreams Only Last for a Night

[01]

I'm blinded by the promise of happiness if I can find it.

The sun begun to rise as the wind started to pick up. It was an early sign of fall but that didn't stop the girl standing right in the middle of the field. There was only one thing on her mind right now and that was determination.

Sure it might've seemed stupid to everybody else but that didn't matter to her. She had to prove them wrong. Every single one of them. Her breath paced as she started running, dribbling the soccer ball in front of her. In, out, and between her legs she pushed her faster.

The temperature soon dropped and the speed of the wind quickened. She stopped and look towards to the goal.

"You'll never be good enough."

"Just give up."

"You're better off doing something else."

"People like you are just a waste. You'll never be able to live up to any standards of perfection."

Words of hatred ran through her mind. She couldn't back down not again. It was going to be the last time she had ever did. Proving them wrong was the only way she could make up for what she did. The girl picked up her legs and ran again with the ball in front of her. With one great swift she kicked the ball into the net.

The ball landed in the net and the girl threw her hands in the air and yelled in excitement."

"And the crowd goes wild. Ahhhh..Ahhh", she says mimicking the cheers of the imaginary crowd before her. The girl felt good. It finally felt as if things were going to finally look up for her.

"Spencer Nicolette Flyzik! What in heaven's name are you doing out here at 4 in the morning, come back inside this instant."

Spencer blocked out the voice of her mother and glanced at what was left of the sunset.

She was finally going to look on the brightside whether anybody cared or not

If only she would've known, that the time would soon be approaching.

♥♥♥


"Achoo!"

"This is what happens when you're too busy playing around outside Spencer." her mom lectured.

Her older brother smirked at his mother's comment and questioned his younger sister.

"Hmm I wonder why."

Spencer kicked his leg under the table which made Matt squirm. Matt gladly returned the same kick back. It would've turn into an all out war if their mom hadn't stop it. "Quit it both of you, I swear you're both in your early 20's and yet you still act like children."

"Spencer was obviously the one who start-" Matt tried to explain but was cut off.

" I don't care who started it. Spencer you're twenty-one don't you have some sense of direction in what you want to do in the future already?"

" I could care less about anything else right now." Spencer stated.

The atmosphere in the dining room became dim between the three. Spencer regretted those words ever living her mouth. She hadn't meant for the conversation to shift in a whole different direction. It was a pain for her when people brought up subjects that needed to stay in the past and not be remembered.

Her mom soon spoke up ending the silence.

"Matt."

"Yes."

"Doesn't the band's tour you're managing start tomorrow?"

"Yeah why?" Matt questioned his mother's motives.

" It's official then." Their mother smiled with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Matt, Spencer will be going on tour with you, think of it as a way to give her a chance to consider possible future choices later on in life."

"Wait, what!" both siblings exclaimed.

One month on a tour with Matt and plenty of others she didn't even know was one of the last things she would rather be doing."If the odds were suppose to work out in her favor why wasn't anything good happening", Spencer thought.

"Fuck Karma." She mumbled under her breath.

"What was that?" Her mother asked.

"U-Uh nothing, so when do I start packing?"

"Today, you leave tomorrow morning."

"Great." Spencer thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it was horrible.
The first words in each chapter are usually lyrics which describe the chapter.