Grey Bodies

Blue Invasion

The house lit up in a series of fires and all the glass from the windows rained down on the floor of the Bleu household. Jake and Kyle ducked covering their small heads and started screaming. They liked the sound of gunfire but not when it was directed at them, but then again who did? The first thing that came to mind was not the safety of myself, but the safety of those surrounding me. It wasn't a natural reaction, but a reaction pounded into my brain for months on end. I crouch walked over to my two little brothers and grabbed them both by the shoulder. Tears streamed down their faces and I was determined to make sure that those tears didn't turn to blood.

I pushed them upstairs and heard manly yells coming from downstairs. "They" were entering the house, my house. I hurried the little ones upstairs and to our parents bathroom. I pulled the ladder down from the ceiling that went into our rafters. "Jake, you first," I told him and he shook his head.

"I won't leave you," he said, his voice shaking in uncertainty.

"I appreacite you trying to be brave, but you need to go and NOW," I said sternly and forced him up the ladder. Kyle shortly followed him.

"Do not scream, cry, or make a sound! Do you understand?" I asked him and they looked down at me with terror in their eyes. I knew they understood. "If you can stay quiet then we'll all be ok."

Jake and Kyle both nodded and I put the ladder back up into the ceiling and burned the rope off making it nearly impossible for anyone to notice that there was a way to get up into where my brothers were. Now it was my turn to take care of the assholes trying to kill my family. I didn't know what they wanted or why they were attacking my house, but I wouldn't tolerate it.

I looked around for anything that I could use as a weapon and saw a steel rod in the corner. It would have to do for now until I could get my hands on a real weapon. A deep longing for my M-16 started in the back of my mind, but I pushed it away and tried to remain focused. My brothers' lives depended on me. I took a deep breath and grabbed the rod. I swung it around to get used to the feel but I wasn't a master, not like I was with shooting.

I heard someone enter into my parents' bedroom and I placed my right foot slightly behind my left to get a good stance. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes so that my heart rate would try to go back to normal. My eyes flew open as I heard the small metallic click of the door knob as it slowly turned.

Quickly, I jumped to the side and when the door opened I was blocked by it. They opened the door and started spraying bullets. I knew my brothers were above me probably thinking I was dead. I couldn't let that happen to them. The intruder slowly walked into the room and I looked through the crack in the door to see if anyone was behind him. The coast was clear. I jumped out from behind the door and impaled his head with the rod. I saw blood pour onto the floor like water out of a facet and I pulled my rod out.

This guy was heavily armed. I didn't know where he got these weapons or why he was breaking into my house, unless he was here for me. There was hope for my brothers' survival. I grabbed his weapons and loaded up on ammo. I looked in the guy’s pockets and found a silencer. Shit was going down.

I ran to the drawers and grabbed a hair band from my stepmother’s drawer. I tied my brown hair up into a ponytail and made my way towards the door. Just then out of the corner of my eye I spotted my dad's vest that he wears to work. I smiled to myself as I grabbed it to put it on. I undid the Velcro, the sound echoing throughout the house. I winced at all the noise and I heard someone coming up the stairs.

I got my glock ready and put my back against the doorframe. I peered around the corner to see a man dressed in all black with various belts of ammo hanging from his shoulders. "Who the fuck where they trying to kill with all that ammo? Fucking Bruce Lee?" I sarcastically thought to myself.

I saw his head turn in my direction and I turned on my foot so that my whole body was facing the intruder. "Ready....Up!" echoed in my head as I raised my weapon and shot once. He fell instantly; his blood staining the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
this might be the end or it may not. I'm not sure. Thanks for reading :)