Sequel: Bloody Vengeance

Bloodlusting

The Day From Hell

I walked though the halls of Blue Water High on Monday morning. A black scarf was wrapped around my neck to cover my bite mark. I kept my head down as I walked, in order to avoid eye contact with anyone. I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Every now and then I glanced up to look at peoples faces as I passed them. I needed to make sure I wasn't noticed. I hadn't run into Zane yet. And I hoped I wouldn't. I hadn't seen Kyra yet either. I hope she came to school today. I don't know how I would get through the day without her.

I made it halfway through the day so far, and I haven't run into Zane. Kyra had come to school today. We were walking to lunch, discussing warped tour. “I can't wait to go. Its going to be so much fun.” “I know, I can't wait to see Vampires Everywhere!”, I said. “ It would be so awesome if we could get to meet them, wouldn't it?” I was about to answer her, but I was interrupted.
“Well look who it is, where have you been all day?” I 'd know that voice anywhere. Zane Williams. I didn't want to look up and see his face. I just wanted to run by and pretend I didn't hear him. But I knew that wasn't going to happen. “Staying away from you.” He smirked at me through his long black and red bangs. “Well I've been trying to find you all day.” “Why?” , I asked, getting slightly irritated. “Why, so I can torment you of course. You know my day is never complete unless I drive you insane at least once.”
I rolled my eyes. “Zane, I'm in no mood for your crap today. Just leave me alone.” His eyes darted to my scarf. “Whats with the scarf?” He reached towards me in an attempt to tug it off, but before he could, I backed away. “Its none of your business.”, I snapped. I grabbed Kyra's arm , pushed past him and made my way to the cafeteria. “See you later Lacey!”, he shouted after us. I could hear a hint of an evil smirk in it. I really hoped I wouldn't.

At my house after school, Kyra and I were in my room. Abigail by Motionless In White was blasting from my stereo. Kyra was lying on her stomach on my bed. I was sitting on the edge of it. She said something but I couldn't hear it over the music. I turned down the volume a little so I could hear her. “What?” , I asked. “I said that was a close call with Zane today.” “Yeah, I know. He almost took off my scarf.” “I think he likes you, that's why he bothers you.” “I don't care. I would never go out with him. I hate him.” “I know you do, I'm just telling you what I think. But at least you only have to deal with him for the rest of the week, then we graduate and you'll never have to see him again.”

After Kyra left, I sat on my couch and looked to see if there was anything on t.v. As usual, there wasn't anything good on, so I just put on a random channel. I didn't even pay attention to to what was on. I was to busy thinking. I had way too much going on in my head. Things like how was I going to avoid Zane for the rest of the week, how warped tour was going to go, my graduation, and most importantly, if I would ever see the vampire who turned me again.
As weird as it was, I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was so strange. I felt like I would see him again soon, but I don't know when. I get chills down my spine every time I think about him. And not in a good way. I just wish I could forget about him forever, but something tells me that that would be impossible. It was only nine thirty and I wasn't tired, but I had to go to bed or I would be late for school tomorrow.
It wouldn't be the first time, but I don't feel like arguing with the teachers. I was late numerous times, and each time my first period teacher would give detention. Eventually she started to get tired of it, and would let it go once and a while. But she really didn't like me, so she tended not to let it slide to often. After I climbed into my bed , I almost instantly started to fall asleep. I guess I was more tired than I had thought.