Sequel: Bloody Vengeance

Bloodlusting

The End Of A Life, Is The End Of Me

We picked up everything we needed from both of our houses, and were currently on an airplane to California. We had to tell Kyra's mom that we were staying at a hotel with Michael again. We didn't think she'd be too happy if we told her we were going to California. Michael was sitting next to me. Kyra was sitting with Aaron. They were asleep and still holding hands. I don't think he let go of her once since she came out of her house with all of her belongings. I was really worried about her. I didn't want anything to happen to her.
Michael saw my face. “Hey, something bothering you?” “I'm just worried about Kyra.” “Don't be. We'll make sure nothing happens to her. Why don't you take a nap until we get there, so you don't think about it. We're almost there anyway.” I agreed and closed my eyes. I felt slightly better knowing that the guys would protect her. But I still worried.

When the plane ride was over, we drove to their house. It is huge. “What room are Kyra and I sleeping in?” “Are you kidding? We have like ten bedrooms. You can have your own rooms if you like.” “I actually wanted to sleep in your room with you, but I don't want to leave Kyra by herself.” “Well, I kind of wanted to sleep with Aaron in his room” “Well then that's perfect. Neither if you have to sleep alone.”
later that evening after the guys gave us a tour of the house, we all sat down and ate the pizza that we made ourselves. “I still cant believe how great this came out.” “I know, I haven't had home made pizza since I was little.” “It was so much fun making it.” We all agreed and finished eating. “You know what, I am exhausted.”Aaron said. “What, you didn't get enough sleep on the plane?” DJ teased. Aaron glared at him. “Want to come cuddle with me?” he asked Kyra. She agreed and they went up to his room. Everyone went to bed early. We must have all been tired from the trip.

The next day we decided to go shopping. “I don't think I should come.” “Why not Kyra?” Just in case Riley followed us here.” “I doubt that, but if it makes you feel better then okay. Someone has to stay with her.” “I'll do it.”Aaron said. “Of course you will. Like we didn't know you would want to.” Aaron rolled his eyes. “Make sure she stays safe.”

The rest of us headed out. We went to the store to pick up some food for dinner, even though Kyra is the only one who actually has to eat. “What should we get?” “ I don't know, maybe some type of meat so we can cook Kyra's and we can eat ours raw. “That's a good idea. Lets do that.” Then, Michael's phone rang. “Hey Aaron, whats up? WHAT!? I told you not to let her out of your sight! We're coming back now, don't go anywhere!” He hung up.
His face was pale and his fists were clenched. “What happened?” I asked frantically. “She's gone. We need to get back to the house right now.” “What! Kyra's gone?!” Michael grabbed me again and we all ran back to the car and drove to the house as fast as we could.

When we got back, Aaron was sitting on the couch. Tears stained his face as he held out a piece of paper. “I found this in our room after I called you.” I took it out of his hand and read it. “I told you to be careful, now it's too late.” “Oh my God. No.” Michael took the paper and red it. “We need to find her.” “How?” Aaron asked. “I know where she is.” “Really, where?” “The abandoned mansion.” “How do you know ?” “Remember the nightmare I had the other night?” “The one you didn't want to talk about?” “Yes. In my nightmare, Riley kidnapped Kyra and brought her to the mansion. When I went to go save her, It was too late he killed her. Right in front of me.” I had to keep myself from crying. “Okay, lets go then.” We rushed out the door.

When we approached the mansion, I looked up at the front door. It was exactly the way it was in my dream. I started to panic. Only this time I knew I wasn't alone. I had the guys with me. We pushed open the old door. Where did you say they were?” “The basement.” We all rushed to the basement. I was the first one to reach the door.
My heart was racing as I tried to turn the doorknob. And just like in my dream,it was locked. “We need to bust it open. I need all of you to help me. We all slammed against the door, and it flew open I lost my balance and almost fell. Michael grabbed my arm and pulled me. We looked into the room. It was really dark and we couldn't see a thing.
In the corner, I noticed the silhouette of two people. “Well look who's here. To bad they didn't come earlier.” Riley stepped out into the middle of the room, one hand holding Kyra's wrists, and the other covering her mouth. “Let her go.” “Or what?” I had nothing. “That's what I thought.” Michael moved towards them. “If you come any closer, I'll kill her. Oh wait, I'm gonna do it anyway.” He grinned. She looked like she did in the dream. Gashes everywhere, bloody, and weak.
“Riley, Don't do this.” Michael said. “Why? You gonna tell mom on me? I'm nineteen Michael, I don't care what she says. I'm not a little kid anymore.” “That's not why.” “Then why? Enlighten me.” “Because its wrong.” “Give me a break. Don't you talk to me about right and wrong. If I remember correctly, you weren't always perfect yourself.” “Whats he talking about Michael?” He didn't answer me. “Oh, you mean he didn't tell you?” “Tell me what?” “MY brother here used to Kill innocent humans for their blood.” “That's not the point Riley. I don't anymore. I stopped being bad a long time ago. Its time for you to stop too.” “I'm afraid that's not going to happen. You see,Being bad is just too much fun.”
He turned his attention back to Kyra. “Now, where was I ?” He pulled out a knife from his pocket. “Ah, that's where.” He held it against her neck. “don't do it Riley.” Michael warned. “If I agree to go with you, will you let her go?” Michael looked at me like I was insane. “I'm afaid its too late for that. You had your chance. Now I have to kill her. I mean look at her, She's gonna die anyway even if I don't. Why don't I just put her out of her misery?Why let her suffer like this?”
He Pushed the knife further into her neck. “No!” I cried. He slashed the knife completely across her neck, and she fell to the floor. Blood poured from the deep cut. “Oh my god! Kyra!” I ran towards her body. I knelt on the floor next to her and pulled her into my arms. Blood was getting all over me but I didn't care. I was crying, and I couldn't stop. “Well, my work here is done.”Riley said, then disappeared into the shadows. Kyra's blood was making me thirsty, but I didn't care. My best friend was dead. And it was all my fault.

Michael was trying to get me away from her. “Come on Lacey! You have to get out of here. You've only been a vampire for a few weeks, you can't be around this much fresh blood.”He pulled me up into his arms and carried me out of the mansion. I cried into his shoulder, getting his shirt covered in tears and blood. “What about her body?” We can't just leave it there.” “I know, the guys are taking care of it. They're going to clean her up and bury her. Everything's going to be alright.” But it wasn't. It would never be alright. Not when my innocent best friend died because of an evil vampire. I knew my life would change when I was first turned, but I didn't think anything like this would happen. I will find Riley, and when I do, I'm going to make him hurt. Just like he did to Kyra.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. :)