Motion Sickness

.11 Truce...for now.

Image

"Oh well well. What is this?"

All of a sudden there was a flash of light, and I cringed, turning over and putting my face in my pillow.

To my side, I heard a groan, and what sounded like someone doing something similar to what I had just done.

I squinted my eyes open a little. Ape was standing in the window, the bright sun making her a dim silhouette, as she stood with a her hands on a her hips and a huge smile plastered across her face. She was still in her pj's, and her long brown hair was falling loosely on her shoulders.

And there he lay, still pretty much asleep, next to me. His messy hair falling against the pillow as he half-conciously avoided the light.

Oh fuck. Here it comes...

"I see he didnt find the other bed very satisfying?" she asked, still with her smile.

I closed my eyes and sighed, "We didn't do anything Ape Face. We were just talking and I guess we fell asleep." I leaned up and looked at the clock, then plopped my face back on the pillow after realizing it was a quarter until ten. "Besides, not like you slept alone either.."

"Well, somebody here," she shoved Franks shoulder lightly, "didn't come back after I let him borrow my key. And I didn't really want to call you and wake you up just so you could come open the door for me. So I decided to wait until housekeeping went by and ask her to open the door."

She went over to her bag and started rummaging around. "Mm, I call first dibs on shower.." I yelled into my pillow groggily, knowing I was already too late.

"Fuck you!" she said with a smirk, as the bathroom door shut and I heard the water come on.

I kept my head in my pillow for a second. I hate mornings. They're so slooooww. I leaned over and looked at Frank. How can he keep his face in his pillow like that for so long? Wont he suffocate himself?

"Frannnkiie," I said quietly, seeing as I myself hate loud noises in the morning.

He didn't reply. Fuck he didn't even move!

"Frrannnnkiiiie!" I said a little louder.

He turned his head toward me on his pillow, then slowly squinted his eyes open a little. After a second, he opened them the rest of the way in shock, then gave a small laugh. "Told you so."

I looked at him confused. "What?"

"You so just slept with me.."

I scoffed, "Ok, first? You slept with me. And secondly, if I do recall, I don't think I've even touched you at all, let alone in inappropriate ways. And neither you to me. So, sorry Iero, but we've been alone and two feet from eachother in a bed for the last eight hours and we still havent fucked. I don't think you're getting any."

He smiled, "Nah. Just means I havent tried quite hard enough."

I laughed, "I think I'm getting out of bed now before you attempt."

"No!" he tossed his arm across the bed, right after I got up.

I looked at him and smirked. He had fallen asleep exactly where he lay last night on top of the comforter, whereas I had happily been curled up underneath it. He was laying on his stomach and it made him look like a blob.

I walked over to the low dresser and looked in the mirror. My hair was a little askew and I was still in my hoodie and jeans, since I was too tired to change last night.

Frank appeared in the mirror next to me, and his hair was going every which direction. "Hot," I said with a laugh. He made a scary face and started messing up my hair like madness. I just stood there and let him do it.

When he was done, I couldn't see. A few strands slowly fell down in my eyes and I looked like some sort of monster. "Most chicks kill me when I do that," he replied.

I shrugged, "I'm taking a shower as soon as Ape gets out. I don't really care." I shook my head so it got out of my eyes and looked at him.

He still had a smile. Proud of his work. Then he gasped in realization. "I'm taller than you!"

I looked at him, then looked in the mirror. "No you're not. I'm like, a quarter of an inch taller than you!"

"NUH UH! LOOK AT THIS!" Then, he stood right in front of me, his forehead and his toes touching mine. He guided his hand across my head, then moved it down so it hit the top of his forehead. "See?!"

"You lie! You didn't do it straight!"

"Did too!"

"Here," I grabbed a pen off of the bed side table, and pointed to the wall. "Stand over there."

"No! I already know I'm taller!" he protested. Putting his hands on his hips.

"Frank! Get the fuck over here!"

He looked at me for a second. Then a smug smile spread across his face. "Only if you kiss me."

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "Frank, I know I'm taller than you. I'm not going to pay you to prove it. Besides, its probably good for your self esteem that you think you're taller."

He frowned. "How tall are you?!"

"Five five.."

"NUH UH CAUSE I'M FIVE FOUR AND A HALF!!"

"HA! See?! I'm taller!"

He glared at me then ran over to the wall. I put the pen on top of his head, perfectly straight, and drew a small line on the wall. He moved out of the way and I darkened it, writing '<--FRANK' to the side of it.

He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me against the wall, putting the pen on top of my head. I put my back to the wall, making myself as tall as possible. I held my breath as he very carefully positioned the pen.

Ape walked out of the bathroom with her hair in a towel and looked at us. "Holy fuck, I take a shower for ten minutes and you guys are already writing on the walls."

He drew the line and I moved out of the way. He darkened the line and wrote 'TAYLR' beneath it.

And my line was like, an inch below his.

"Frank you're stupid! You spelled Taylor wrong and I'm so not an inch shorter than you!"

He shook his hair out of his eyes and shrugged. "The wall doesnt lie.."

Ape rolled her eyes. "Come on you guys. Back to back. Right now." She grabbed our shoulders and spun us around, squishing our backs together.

She grabbed the pen and used it as a level. "Wow, I think you guys are like, exactly the same height.."

"YOU'RE WRONG!"

"I'M LIKE, HALF AN INCH TALLER THAN HIM!"

"You dumbasses! Stand like that again, I'll show you!"

We stood back to back again, and waited patiently as she took a picture. I looked down to make sure he wasnt stand in on his toes.

Ape looked at the picture and laughed, "Taylor! Hold the fuck still!"

"Taylor stop looking at my ass!"

"You're the one rubbing your ass against mine!" I said laughing.

She took the picture and showed it too us. And she wasnt kidding, our heads were perfectly level.

"I think she cheated!" Frank protested, pointing to me.

"You guys! Neither of you is taller! Stop argueing!"

He glared at me, and I glared back. "I'm taking a shower!" I grabbed my bag and headed for the bathroom.

"You take a shower!" he yelled, heading for the door, probably to go back to his hotel room.

"I will!"

"You do that!"

"I'm going to!"

We were both trying not to smile as we yelled back and forth at eachother. I was standing in the bathroom, and he looked lost for a comeback, so he shoved me. But there was a wet spot on the floor from Ape, and I slipped and fell backward.

I gasped, and he did too as my head hit the tile. "Oh fuck I'm so sorry!" he said with a laugh, holding his hand out to help me up. "Are you ok?"

"Frank I'm going to kill you someday!" I said as he helped me up. He just stared at me for a second, then I smiled. "You've got five seconds."

As if he knew it was coming, he took off out the door.

"Taylor don't do this.." Ape said with a sigh.

"ONETWOTHREEFOURFIVE!" I ran out the door, down the badly carpeted hallway after him. He weaved passed a lady and her son and turned down the next hallway.

Once I got to the next hallway, I saw him go through the door to get to the stairs. When I got there, he was still standing right passed the door. The stairs were blocked off with yellow tape because it looked like they were putting new ones in.

He looked from the stairs, then to me, then smiled apologetically. "I give. Can I just give you a piggy back ride back and call it truce?"

I thought about that for a second. What else was I gonna do? "Truce..for now."

He carried me back to our rooms, and we both stood outside, waiting for our roomates to open the doors for us. "Are you taking a shower too?"

He shook his head, "I took one last night. I just gotta change and stuff." I smiled, but then he continued. "I think we're going back to Jersey today."

That made me frown. I didn't know if we were going to New Jersey next or not.

He noticed, just as Ape opened the door for me. "Dont worry. We'll wait for you."

I turned on the shower and undressed. Would we be leaving the guys today? Clark said he could see me liking New Jersey. But if I didn't, would I want to leave Frank and the guys?

I got in and let the water soak my hair. Franks just like all the other guys. He's no different then Clark. Well, he's a little cooler. But not different enough to miss too much.

Walking out of the bathroom, Ape shoved my phone into my chest. "T, it's your mom."

I grabbed my phone and held it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Taylor Calvin why have you not called me?!"

I rolled my eyes, tossing my toothbrush and some other things into my bag. "The phone works both ways, mom."

"Obviously! Where are you?"

"Right now we're in Philadelphia. I think we might be going to New Jersey next," I looked up at Ape, who was sitting on her bed, and she nodded. "Yea, pretty sure."

"Where are you going after that?"

I thought about it for a second, my failing geography coming back to get me. "Um..if I don't like that then..New Yorks up around there right?"

"You don't even know where you're going next?!"

I rolled my eyes, "Did you call me just to yell? Cause if so I could really go without it. I've been having a lot of fun and you're just trying to ruin it."

She scoffed, then continued with the previous subject. "When are you going to New York?"

"When we get done with Jersey."

Ape smirked. Haha, that did kinda sound weird.

"When are you going to get done with New Jersey?"

I smiled. My mom so didn't see the slight pervertedness behind that. "I'm not sure. I might like it there and decide to stay.."

She sighed, "I don't understand Taylor. You're not going to be able to just wing this whole trip you know. You need to make a schedule."

I rolled my eyes. "The schedule was we'd leave two days ago at seven thirty. Between now and Christmas I plan to be settled into a place somewhere."

She'd be glaring at me if she could see me. My mom cant stand not having everything perfectly spick. "Fine. Call me if you have any problems. And feel free to call me with an update every now and then?!"

"Sure thing," I replied. Yea right.

"I love you."

"Love you too." I tossed the rest of my stuff into my bag, and hung up right after she said bye. "She is so annoying. I hope she never calls again."

Ape smirked, "Good luck with that." We grabbed our bags and headed to my car. To our next victim, New Jersey.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, not as frequent updates and stuff since I'm working. But maybe since school is out it wont be so bad. Just two finals tomorrow!

Oh, and thanks everybody that congratulated me on graduation and stuff (if this is the right story..), but I didn't graduate. I have a few close friends that did, and I went and watched them walk across the stage, and partied afterward.

Thanks for the congrats though! I still felt special xD. But yea, I'm a freshman. Sophmore next year. Anyway, thanks everybody that leaves comments/makes banners for me!