Motion Sickness

.12 Junior Campout

I leaned against my car, watching the guys fight over who was gonna sit where. I had on my black Leftover Crack shirt with jeans, and an old pair of black and white checkered canvas vans (checker whore, remember?).

Ape was throwing her bag into the trunk. With a small jump, she threw the lid down and joined me in watching the guys. She had on my Clash shirt (we share clothes occasionally), and skinny jeans, with black converse.

"I'm driving!"

"No you drove yesterday! I'm driving!"

"How about this. Are you guys hanging out with us?"

Bob turned toward us, and the rest of the guys followed. All with serious looks on their faces, except Frank, who was leaning against the van. He hadnt said a word the whole time. He just leaned there, smoking his cancer casually, yet looking over in curiosity.

Neither me nor Ape said anything. After a second, she grabbed my arms, "Just a second guys.."

She drug me over to the other side of my car. "Can we T? Just for while we're in New Jersey. And if you don't like New Jersey, we can just leave like we did Clark and Ryan."

I thought about it for a second. "Yea, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a guide.."

"Yes! Thank you," she jumped, wrapping her arms around me, then drug me back out to where the guys were waiting patiently. "Yea sure."

"Ok," Gerard spoke up. "How about we have Mikey drive you guys in your car, so you cant get lost and stuff."

I shrugged, as Ape nodded. "Cool," Mikey said walking over to us. I pulled out my purple sunglasses. I love them. They're huge. Ape bought them for me as a joke, but I like wearing them. People stare.

I shook my hair back and put them on as Frank stood up, "I'm riding with them."

"Why?" Bob asked as Gerard, Ali and Ray started getting into the van.

He gave him and obvious look, "I'm not riding in the back with those two by myself.." He pointed to Ali and Ray, and I smirked. "I'd rather ride with Taylor and give her shit the whole way. I'm sure she'd like that."

He smiled at me, and I glared at him. "Nothing would be stopping me from throwing you out the window, Iero."

I started into the backseat. "You know you love me."

I smirked, "No I don't."

"Yea I know."

Mikey got in the drivers seat, and I sat behind him, with Frank behind Ape. "So how far is it to New Jersey from here anyway?" Ape asked, as the van started out the parking lot.

"It's not far at all. But we live on the otherside, so it'll be an hour or two."

I looked at him through the rearview mirror, "What if I don't wanna go clear to the otherside?"

He kind of looked at me, and Ape did too. But then Frank spoke up, "Then you get to see the whole fucking state in this one car ride. Trust me, it'll be more exciting with us then if you were just scoping out the area alone. You'd probably miss it if you didn't have someone telling you you were there."

Ape laughed, and Mikey smiled. I just shrugged and slouched in the seat, making myself more comfortable. Then I noticed Frank was still wearing the same Social Distortion shirt. "Isnt that the same shirt you wore yesterday?"

He looked down at it. "No."

"Oh." I frowned, looking at it curiously. "Yea it is! Cause you wore it last night, and you woke up in it today! Thats the same one!"

"OH! I thought you meant like, yesterday at the show. You see, while most people change clothes because its a new day, I change clothes after I shower. So I took a shower yesterday, so I changed. I'll take a shower today too."

"Eww," Ape said from the front seat. "You slept in it? And you're still wearing it today?"

Me and Mikey both laughed, and Frank scoffed defensively. "What?! It's not like its going to start smelling overnight! Besides, I have beautifully smelling bo."

I laughed somemore, "No you dont.."

"Well, ok, I think its beautiful. But I do have a natural cologne. Chicks tell me that all the time."

"He does," Mikey agreed from up front.

I looked at him in interest. "Really?"

"Yea! Wanna smell me?!"

He stuck his shirt out to my face. I leaned forward and put my nose in the skeleton on his shirt. He seriously did kinda smell good. "Thats natural?" I looked at Mikey, instead of Frank.

"Yup," Frank said happily.

"He's not kidding," Mikey said in all seriousness. "He doesn't use cologne. Thats all Frankie."

"And its because I sleep in my clothes. I lay there for seven hours letting my body saturate my attire in its beautifulness," he replied, rubbing his body for effect. "Except if I was drunk the night before. Then I shower. Because thats bad."

"That happened to me once," I added, as Mikey said something to Ape about where we were.

"Really? What happened?" He turned in his seat and leaned against the window and crossed his legs in the seat, since I was already doing the same.

"I went to Junior Campout when I was a Freshman. The very first time I ever got drunk. My cousin took me. I got totally trashed, and went to school the next day. I hadnt slept at all, and it was a massive hangover. It was terrible. You could smell the vodka in my sweat. Remember that Ape?"

"Of course I do! You passed out in the bathroom during the awards and after I finally got you to wake up I drove you to my house. That was bad."

Frank's eyes got wide. "You're kidding right?!"

I laughed, "No dude. The point of the campout is so you look like shit for the awards. And I guess I overdid it a little. Apes my lifesaver for everything. Wait, howd you know I was in the bathroom?"

She started laughing, "Dude, you leaned over to me and said, 'I'm going to the bathroom to take a nap'. You didn't think I'd follow you?"

I smirked, and looked back at Frank, "I guess I was still a little drunk too.."

He was still laughing and ran his hand through his hair. "Wow, thats hardcore. I'd be embarassed."

I shrugged, "Everybody remembers their first time getting drunk. I'm not ashamed."

He smiled, "I wanna see you trashed."

"What, you think I'll get naked or something?"

"Oh my god! There you are accusing again! You hear this Mikey?!"

Mikey and Ape started laughing as I shoved Frank. "That is not my fault! You say perverted jokes all the fucking time! I was kidding!"

"-And you want me to stop giving you shit with the groupies thing?! And now you accuse me of wanting to get you drunk so I can see you naked?!"

"Why else would you want to see me drunk?!"

"That's not the point!"

We all started laughing and I shoved him a little. "Fuck you, Frank. Just so you know, I was really drunk that day, and I was fully clothed the whole time."

"She was," Ape added from the front. "I was her mommy."

He lit a cigarette, and looked at me like I was stupid. I quickly said, "You shouldnt smoke. You know its a sin to harm your body."

Rolling down his window, he took a drag, and blew the smoke outside. Then he looked at me, like he was analyzing again. "God will forgive me. It's his job."

I smiled, "That was Heinrich Heine's last words."

Ape and Mikey started talking about something else. "Oh yea?" he asked curiously, "And who the fuck is that?"

"Poet," I replied. "British poet."

He gently reached over and pulled my glasses off my face. "Yea? Thats kinda cool. How'd you know that?"

He put them on and I'm not gonna lie, they kinda suited him. Not many guys I know can pull off big glasses like that. "Cause, I love last words. I know a ton."

I could see his eyebrows come up over the glasses. "Really? Tell me somemore."

I frowned, "Why should I?"

He frowned back, "Because I think it's cool. And its either that, or I give you more shit about how much you love me but you're just hiding it out of arrogance."

I scoffed, "I'm not arrogant. I just dont love people!"

"Oh yes, I'm Taylor, too good for love!" he said in a dramatic, high pitched voice.

My smile dropped, "You fucker! I never said that!"

"Then why?! Because you got your heart broken once? It's called highschool, Miss Calvin. It happens to everybody. It's part of life," he replied, rolling his eyes.

"What the fuck?! I didn't ask you for your opinion, so just back the fuck up! My social life is none of your fucking business!"

He pulled off my glasses. "Oh come on Taylor. You know you love people. You just dont want to admit it, because you know if you got in too deep you might get your heart broken again. You've probably got some crush back in South Carolina you can't stop thinking about, right? What really happened anyway? Did he cheat on you or something? Leave you for some other chick? Come on Taylor, what was so bad?!"

Ape turned around from the front seat, "Hey! Leave her the fuck alone!"

"It doesnt have a fuck to do with you! So drop it!"

"No! I'm not fucking dropping it until you admit that you can love people!"

"I can. I just don't! Because its worthless! It's like smoking, it's ridiculous to hurt yourself like that!"

"Oh, but drinking isn't anywhere near as bad, right? Miss I-got-trashed-at-junior-campout?!"

"Frank!" Ape and Mikey both yelled this time.

I yanked my glasses out of his hands. "Fuck you, Frank," I mumbled, turning around to look out the window, and putting my sunglasses on just as my eyes started to sting.
♠ ♠ ♠
I might update again tonight. Maybe. Mmmaybe.