Motion Sickness

.14 Four a.m. Phonecalls

"What? Mm..just a second."

I tucked the blanket farther up under my chin.

Ape groaned. "Taylor! Come on! It's for you! If you don't come get the phone I'm gonna throw it at you!"

She was mumbling. She was still asleep. Ape always gets up before me. I refuse to acknowledge her presence.

But of course, she threw it at me. I groaned in disgust. "Bitch.." I mumbled, grabbing the phone and putting it between my pillow and my ear, then going back to my original position. "H-hello?"

"Taylor?"

I frowned, with my eyes still closed. That doesnt sound like mom..

"Who is this?" was all I managed to get out. I'm not a happy person in the mornings, if you didn't notice.

"Frank. Listen, I'm-"

"Oh..my god," I said in a whisper. Opening my eyes in unbelieveable realization.

"-so-..what?"

"I've only known you for two days. And you're already stalking my dreams."

I hung up and put her phone on the bedside table. Rolling over to go back to sleep. I'll tell Ape about it in the morning.

But of course, the fucking thing started ringing and vibrating again. I grabbed it and answered. "What the fuuuck?!" I practically whined.

"Listen," he said quickly. "You don't have to say anything. Ok? Just stay awake enough to listen. I'm sorry I called you this early. I just-"

"What time is it?"

He didn't say anything for a second. "Uh..four thirteen.."

"Frank! I tell you to go kill yourself and you make it up to me by calling me at four in the fucking morning?!"

Ape leaned over from her bed, and with her eyes still closed she slurred, "Taylor Micheal Calvin if you don't shut up I'm going to shoot you!"

"Apes gonna shoot me," I whispered with a sigh into the phone. I'm pretty out of it in the mornings. You can tell, cause if it wasnt four in the morning, I would've thought to of hang up on him and turn Ape's phone off. But I'm never that logical when I first wake up. As if you are..

"You're middle names Micheal?"

"Shut the fuck up, my parents wanted a son," I slurred. Then I started waking up a bit. But just a little, "I..dont like you. Why am I talking to you?"

"No! Taylor, ok listen. I'm really sorry-"

"You should be! It's four in the fucking morning!"

"Taylor SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

"Apes gonna shoot me," I whispered into the phone again.

I could hear his smile, "Then you better shut the fuck up."

I shifted, so that I was facing away from her, and pulled the blanket over my head. "No you better make this ridiculous phone call worth it before I hang up and go back to sleep."

"Ok ok, listen. I'm really sorry Taylor. I feel like a fucking dick for saying all that shit to you."

I nodded, not realizing he couldn't see me.

"And you're right. It's your life and you can do whatever you want."

I nodded again.

"Listen..is there any way I can convince you to come back to Jersey?"

I frowned. Then groaned, more like a whine. Probably not liking the fact that I wasnt awake enough to make any good, thought-out, rational decisions this early in the morning. And the thought of packing up and going back to Jersey, right now this minute, didn't please me.

Besides, I didn't forgive Frank fully yet.

"Come on, Taylor. I'd do anything."

"Why don't you, come get me."

For some weird, stupid, reason? I thought that was the best idea. I could've said, 'How about I'll think about it, and tell you tomorrow when I get up.' Or I could've just straight up said no. But me? Of course, thats what I say. Because anything involving me laying here for a few more hours, sleeping, was good enough for me. And for some odd reason I thought he wouldn't do it.

I could hear the eagerness in his voice. "Where are you?"

I groaned. "Stam..stam..stamford? Stamford."

"Stamford Connecticut?"

I scoffed lightly in frustration, "Fuck I dont know!"

He laughed a little, "Taylor thats amazing. Thats only like, an hour away!"

No that wasnt the plan!!, a little voice said in the back of my head.

"What hotel are you in?"

"Mm..mini bar."

"What?!"

"Hilton. Yea..big fancy one."

"Do you remember what exit it was?" he asked hastily, as if he was busy doing something.

I groaned again, frustrated. "Like, four or something, I dont know!"

"Ok, I'll be there in less then an hour. And Taylor?"

"What?!" I said in annoyance, just wanting to go back to sleep.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't of said that shit to you," he replied, and I could hear his car door dinging.

"Damn right," I mumbled, getting more tired by the second, with the end of the conversation in sight.

"Ok, go back to sleep. I'll call you when I get there. Bye," he said quickly.

I managed to get out a small 'mm' and hung up, putting her phone on the nightstand.

Yesss sleeeep.

I pulled the blanket down off my head, not realizing how hot it had gotten down there. I curled it up under my chin again. Slowly drifting back to sleep. Frank will be here in an hour, and I'll have to wake up again. But until then, I can sleep.

My eyes shot open. Frank will be here in an hour.

I sat up. "Oh fuck. Ape I fucked up."

She just groaned. Her arm rose out of her bed, with her finger and he thumb shaped like a gun, pointing at me.

I rolled my eyes and jumped out of bed, heading for the bathroom. Grabbing Ape's phone on the way.

I just told Frank to come get me so that we could go back to New Jersey. That fucker! He knows I'm not all there in the mornings! Well, he doesnt, but still! Why was he calling Ape at four in the morning?! How did he get her number?!

Then I remembered.

"Thats Gerard," Frank replied, gesturing behind him with his hand, as I punched in Ape's number and pushed 'Store'.

"He's really pale," was my only comment, without looking up from the phone.

"Meh. He doesn't like to tan, and he's part italian. So he avoids the sun as much as possible," he replied, shoving his hands in his pockets and shrugging as I saved her number under 'SEXYBEAST'.


Fuck! I'm so stupid!

I got to the bathroom, making sure to get in and shut the door before turning on the light. You learn these little things when you spend as much time with your best friend as I do.

I looked in the mirror. Yesterdays eyeliner smudged under my eyes and uneven. I quickly put more on and rubbed the excess off carelessly. And, after deciding my hair was unsaveable, I reached in my bag and grabbed a black beanie. I like wearing beanies, because you can see my hair at the bottom, so you can tell its black. But you can't see my roots, so it doesnt look so unnatural. I had on Ape's red tank top, from the first day of our drive, and my black and white checkered pj pants.

I turned off the light, and opened the door. Feeling around for my jacket, and the sandals that we stole, I quickly jotted a quick note down, grabbed a key and headed for the lobby.

As I got on the elevator, I went through Ape's calls. It said Frank called at four ten. And its four thirty two now. Once I got to the lobby, I planned on sitting on the couch and calling him. But there was some homeless dude sleeping on the couch, so I changed my mind and headed for the car.

As soon as I got outside I called him. He answered just as I jumped up on the trunk. "Yes?"

"Frank. You fucker."

He laughed, "Are you awake yet?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yea after I realized I just told the person I swore to never talk to again to come and find me."

"I said I was sorry. Come on Taylor. I really am. I'm coming to apologize.."

"Frank you can't come!" I protested, but keeping my voice down. I crossed my legs onto the cold trunk.

"As if I'm stopping now! I know where you are, and I said I'd do anything. And your response to that was 'come get me'. So I am," he replied smugly.

I sighed, "Frank, thats like asking a drunk person how to get home! You can't trust their judgement!"

He laughed lightly. "Forget it. I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

I frowned. "You're driving fast.." I practically whined.

"It's four in the morning. Theres hardly any traffic. I'll see you in a few, babe."

"And don't call me babe.." I whined again pathetically, looking down the road, almost expecting to see him.

He hung up, and I rested my hands loosely in my lap. The streetlights were on, and little bugs were swarming around it gratefully.

The parking lot was full of cars, accept for one or two empty spots a few cars away from mine. It was pretty much dead, since it was so early in the morning. It made me feel like the cars were sleeping.

Frank can't come. He cant! How will it work?! Ape doesn't even know I'm down here. She's still upstairs asleep, with the idea that we're going further north tomorrow. What will she do when she wakes up and sees that Frank came in the middle of the night to show us back to New Jersey? Can you imagine the shit she's gonna give me?!

I quickly pushed send on her phone again.

He answered in a laugh, "It's only been five minutes. Miss me already?"

"Frank, seriously, you can't come."

"Taylor, I'm not even ten minutes away! I'm almost there!"

I groaned in helplessness. "Yea but Ape thinks we're going to Rhode Island tomorrow!"

"So, when she wakes up, just tell her that you changed your mind and you're going back to Jersey."

"Frank! No offense, but we agreed that we'd forget about you guys and move on! I cant just let her wake up and be like 'oh by the way, Frank came in the middle of the night to take us back to New Jersey'," I protested.

He sighed, "Look, Taylor, I just passed exit two. I'll be there in like, two minutes."

"Frank you cant-!"

"Bye Taylor!" He hung up. Again. And I thought about throwing her phone on the pavement.

Frank managed to get here in forty five minutes, as opposed to his hour it was suppose to take. I was so mad. He can't be here! I can't go back to Jersey! I just sat on the trunk of my teal car as I watched him drive down to the parking space.

I heard his door shut. I quickly switched my position so I could rest my head on my knees. I didn't want to see him. Part of me was so fucking pissed.

I heard him walk up. I could tell he was there. I looked up, and he watched me. He had his keys in one hand, and was wearing a white shirt, with a black jacket over it. He had a hat on too, but his had a single button pinned to the side.

When he saw me look up, he smiled a small, innocent smile. God I fucking hate this. He cant be here!

I slid down off the trunk, and crossed my arms. "First, why the fuck are you calling at four in the morning?"

"Oh.." he sighed, shifting his weight to his other foot nervously. "Well..I kind of told the guys that..I didn't miss you. And they didn't really believe me, so I didn't want them to know I was calling you."

I nodded and looked out at the hiway. "Right. So you call me, the chick that told you to go jump off a cliff, to apologize at four in the morning so you don't look like a loser in front of your friends?"

I looked back at him, raising an eyebrow. He sighed, "I don't know. But I'm here. And I'm begging you to come back to Jersey, Taylor. I'd do anything, just please, let me make it up to you."

I watched him for a second. Trying to decide whether or not this was going to be worth it. Finally I sighed, and leaned against the car, crossing my arms again, "I guess you start apologizing."

At first he didnt do anything, just stared at me for a second. Then, you know what he did next? He kissed me.

I know, right? Stupid fuck. But I didn't shove him away. Cause it had been so long since I had been kissed, it was physically impossible. He supported my head with both of his hands resting on my neck. His soft lips gently holding mine.

He stopped, but didn't move. I kept my eyes shut as I felt his warm breath on my face, "I'm so sorry Taylor. I said all that shit to you yesterday because I hate that you refuse to love people, because I love you."

He kissed me again, moving closer, getting more into it. I reluctantly got myself to turn away. "But Frank I..I don't love you..I-"

"I know Taylor. But give me a chance to change your mind. Please, I swear I will." He held my face in his hands, his hazel eyes staring at my stupid blue ones, pleading.

I just sighed, and kissed him back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm. I rewrote this chapter like, three times. Any good?
You didn't honestly think I'd keep them away from eachother that long did you? The short summary says 'A frank iero fanfic' for a reason. =)

oh jeez. gpas in a mood. mom demands we leave before, quote "what is that you say again? blender him? yea he's about to meet his fucking death" unquote.

*sigh* gotta go guys. leave nice comments? if mum gets called out, ill probably be textin you tera =). tons of love guys.