Motion Sickness

.19 "You swim, princess?"

Image

We got back up to Gerards apartment. We walked in and he bent down and let go of my legs, but I just tightened my grip around him. "NO! You have to hold me for the next ten zillion fucking hours!"

He just laughed and put his arms back under my legs. "Fine. That means you go everywhere I go."

"FINE!"

Gerard laughed. I dont wanna know why. "Me and April are gonna go get Mikey, Ray and Ali and the alcohol I guess. Think you guys can manage to find Bobert?"

"Yea we'll be fine. We'll go get him and chill out here then?" Frank replied, shifting his arms as I rested my chin on his shoulder again.

"Yea sure, sounds good to me," Gerard replied, grabbing his keys.

"How far away does Bob live," I asked Frank right to his ear, since I was comfortabled situated right next to it.

"Oh a couple blocks maybe. Quick drive."

"NO! I'm not moving! We're walking!"

He rolled his eyes, "Taylor I'm not carrying you all the way to Bobs house!"

I scoffed, "You almost raped me! All I'm asking from you is a piggy-back ride and this is what I get? You saw my underwear!"

I held on while he used an arm to grab his keys and his phone and put them in his pocket. "First off, I did not rape you, princess. I thought about it for a second, but I didnt. Secondly, yes, I did see you're underwear. They're grey and have a little blue button on the front."

"Frank! You could atleast deny it or something!"

He laughed, "You're making me carry you to Bob's house. Why would I let you enjoy it?"

He made his way down the stairs, slowly, as to not fall and kill me or anything. And then started out the door. "Ok, this is gonna suck. You're not like, fat or anything? But I'm no body builder."

"I believe in you," I said dramatically, resting my chin on his shoulder peacefully yet again. "I can't believe you thought about raping me."

He smirked, "I didn't really. Actually, I didn't think of it until you said something. But I did think that it was very odd that I was unclothing you, and I really didnt think I'd be doing that anytime soon."

"Yea well don't expect it to happen again. Not unless I get really drunk tonight or something."

"Oooh! So I still have a chance?!" he asked with a laugh.

I smirked, "I doubt theres enough alcohol in this state to get me that drunk. No offense."

"Thats not true," he argued. "Gerard almost got alcohol poisoning once."

"Whoa, seriously?" I asked surprised. "Is he an alcoholic or something?"

"Eh," he replied, shrugging a little. "I don't think so, I think he just likes to have fun. That and he always drinks before a show. I don't think he's ever played a show sober actually."

"Dude, it takes a lot of alcohol to get poisoning. Thats more then just having fun. And seriously? How can he enjoy that if he cant remember it?"

We were by an old church, and I could see a park up ahead. Frank shifted his arms beneath me again. "He enjoys it cause he enjoys being drunk. He likes it. And he's always nervous before a show. So he drinks a lot and it relaxes him."

"Why's he nervous?! He's amazing!"

"I know right? Can you imagine how great he'd sound if he wasnt slurring and actually hitting the right notes?" he said in a serious tone. "But I don't really mind. Atleast he still pleases crowds. And he's still fun be be with. He's not like, an angry drunk or anything. And its what he wants to do, so I'm not gonna stop him."

I thought about that for a second. He interupted my thoughts though with his whining. "Taylor this is starting to kill, can I please set you down?"

"No! Rapist!"

"I didn't rape you! Havent you ever gone swimming before?"

"Yes..." I said cautiously, not really knowing what he was getting at.

"Well, you were more clothed then than you would be if you were swimming!"

"Thats different! Swimmings voluntary!" I protested. "You guys just sat there and stripped me! And made me say I wanted to fuck you! WHICH I DONT!"

A smile played across his face. "You know you do."

"No I don't! I can't believe you made me say that! What kind of friend are you!"

He gasped, "Oh my god you just called me your friend!"

I rolled my eyes, even though I was thinking 'Shit..I did...

"See? Keep this going and sooner or later I'll get you to truthfully say you love me."

That made me laugh, "Don't bother, Iero. I have tons of friends. I dont love any of them. Well, I love Ape. But not like what you want me to love you."

"I'd go for that. I just want you to admit you love me."

"I would if I did. But I don't."

He laughed and turned the corner, "No you wouldnt! You're too stuck up to do that!"

"I'm not stuck up!"

"Yes you are, princess. You think you're the shit and you know it."

"I'm not stuck up, I'm just confident! Whats wrong with being confident?!" I asked, with slight paranoia in my tone.

He laughed, "Am I scaring you? Did I offend you?"

"No," I mumbled, laying my head back on his shoulder. I quickly picked it back up. "Hey wait, if you think I'm so stuck up, then why do you love me?"

He eyed me and smiled. I immediately felt stupid. Why did I just ask that?!

"Because I like it. You don't take shit."

"Yea but I don't take your shit either! Don't...don't you hate that?!"

He laughed a little. "Nope. I think its hot."

Ahh talk about backfire.

With the occasional shifting and his persistent whining, we finally made our way to Bob's house. It was a two story house with a high class white fence surrounding the backyard. Frank trotted up the walkway and up the porch, as I sat happily at his back.

He used my foot to ring the doorbell. We sat there and waited. And waited..and waited.

"Dun dun dun dun.." I mumbled into his ear boredly.

He shifted again. "Oh my god, Taylor I cant do this, I'm about to die."

"NO!" I refused, using every leg muscle possible to hold on while he stretched his arms.

We heard someone on the other side of the door and he quickly put his arms back. I smiled in triumph.

A little blonde haired kid opened the door. He was probably twelve or thirteen and had on an orange and white striped polo and a pair of khakis.

"Hey Steven," Frank commented as the kid opened the door to let us in. "Bob around?"

"He's in the shower, but you're welcome to come in," he replied politely. It almost freaked me out.

"Uh..erm, ok," Frank hesitated. Taking me inside. We were in a foyer with a bright chandelier hanging from a high ceiling. I looked up in awe at the loft and saw numerous doors and expensive looking photographs.

The kid (obviously named Steven) ran to a different room and began talking to someone.

"Ok, so heres the deal," Frank whispered, turning his head to the side so he was talking directly to me. It made me jump a little. "This is Bob's cousins house. He's married and got a kid, thats Steven over there. They're really fuckin' rich and they dont like me."

I looked at him confused, "Why don't they like you?"

"Cause everytime I'm here I manage to fuck something up," he replied wtih a smile. "I don't mean to, it just happens!"

The little kid ran back through, "I'll go upstairs and tell him you're here."

"Ok thanks," Frank replied politely. It made me laugh a little. "Taylor you have got to get down," he said sternly, directing his attention back to me.

"No! You molested me!"

"I already told you I didnt molest you I just thought about-"

"Uncle Bob! Your friend Frank is here!" we heard Steven yell upstairs.

A couple seconds later we saw Bob lean against the railing looking down at us. "Hey Frank...Taylor?"

I smiled and waved up at him.

"It's a long story," was Franks reply. "But Gerard was planning on having a little party tonight and you're cordially cordially invited," he added in a very professional tone.

Bob laughed a little. "Hey dude remember last time when you were here and they were getting that pool put in?"

He gasped, as I just hung there in boredom. "Yea! Is it done?!"

"Yea dude! Check it!" Bob hurried down the stairs and we followed him to the fancy kitchen. In the dining room, there was bay windows that overlooked an in-ground pool. Who does this guy work for?

"You swim, princess?"

"Nope," I replied flatly.

He frowned, "I thought you told me on the way here that you've swam before?"

"I babysat once," I commented. "We went to the kiddie pool. I can't swim."

Bob opened the bay doors and the summer sun washed over us. The white light reflecting off the pool, making it feel warmer then it probably was. "Isn't it awesome?" Bob asked proudly.

It looked amazing. The shallow end had three little steps at a curve. The deep end had a small diving board. There were plants and chairs and tables with umbrellas set up with a grill at the far end. The white fence blocking off any unwanted scenery.

"Pretty cool," I nodded in approval.

Franks shifted again, "Taylor I cant do this. I'm setting you down."

"No!" I protested, holding on once again.

He groaned and readjusted his arms, and Bob looked at us confused.

"She party fouled Gerard and she got mad because we made her pay," Frank explained.

"At Gerards apartment?"

Frank nodded and Bob made a hurt look. "You don't do that, chick."

"Yea well, someone here, when telling me the rules, forgot to mention that part!"

Bob gasped, "Did you tell her about stop sign?"

"Yea," Frank answered with a smile.

"Dammit! We couldve gotten her naked or something!"

"Dude you shouldve seen her at Gerards! We got her shirt off and almost-!"

"Enough of this!" I interrupted their little speal and put one of my hands over his mouth.

They both started laughing. "Ok but seriously," Frank added, gaining his stern tone back, "You have to get down."

"No!"

"Taylor Calvin, do it or...I'll jump in the pool."

I gasped, "You wouldn't..."

"I would, now get down." I didn't move, so he took the parental routine. "Taylor, you have until three. One.."

"You wouldn't do it."

"Two.."

I didn't say anything. Thoughts were flooding through my head as to why he wouldn't. We'd have to walk home soaking wet. Bob's family would probably hate him more. We'd be really really cold until we finally got back home. I'd hate him..

"Three."

I cringed, holding onto him for dear life as he walked to the side of the pool. "I'm going slow so you have a chance to get off.."

He wouldn't do it he wouldn't do it he wouldn't do it he wouldn't do it...

He stood at the side of the pool, I held onto him as tight as I could. Tucking my face into his back. "Frankie please don't please."

"Get down!"

"No.."

Frank Iero's stupidity will never cease to amaze me. .

The ice cold water swarmed up around us. My jeans and shirt got heavy. I unconciously let go of him. I cant swim to save my life. And to be honest? I'm pretty scared of water.

You're probably thinking, 'Taylor why the fuck didnt you tell him?!'

Well come on, I don't wanna look like a baby! I'll figure this out...

I opened my eyes and caught sight of him swimming to the side as I slowly made my way back to the top. The chlorine stung my eyes and it made me panic. I can't see, I can't breath, and I sure as fuck can't swim.

If you know absolutely anything about swimming, you know that swimming drains your energy like crazy. And having clothes and shoes on (and freaking out) doesn't help either.

My head came up above the water and I gasped for air. Frank was sitting on the side of the pool with his legs dangling in as I fought to stay above. "Do I need to come save you, princess?" he said as he and Bob both laughed.

I looked right at his eyes as I fought to stay above, and his smile dropped. I guess he could tell how scared I was.

He dove back in. I felt him grab my bare waist and started to pull me to the side with him. He had a firm grip on me, holding me right next to him. My body ached from fighting the water so much that I just leaned my head against him and breathed.

"You ok?" he said sharply, probably a little scared himself. "You alright?"

"I.. hate you," I said between breaths. I was limp next to him, letting him hold onto me while I tried to gain back strength. I opened my eyes to look up at him.

He smiled and kissed the top of my damp hair, "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh I forgot to copy it so I could paste it here and i dont feel like going back so just go to the last updated chapter of Seventy Times Seven and look at that authors note if you care.

-Andi Romanov