Motion Sickness

.21 Romeo, Roseline, and Anastasia

I'm not gonna lie. I didn't want to do it.

"Taylor Micheal Calvin you have no fucking choice. You are going to go get him and apologize your ass off and I'm not letting you in until you have steamy hot make up sex now GO!"

She shoved me one last time, and this time I actually slid down a stair. I didn't bother arguing with her. Although I hate to tell her, but shes not getting any sort of sex. And I'll think about apologizing, but I don't promise anything.

I ran down the three flights of stairs and threw open the door just as I saw him speed out the parking lot. I fought to get in mine and started to follow after him.

I had to do something, seeing as I dont really expect him to stop, knowing that I'm right behind him. I pulled out my cellphone and called him.

Of course, he didnt answer. And he sped up.

It seemed like we were at a main part of Belleville. More of those cute little houses, stuck side by side. He turned. And turned again. And we were on a street with old old apartments and antique stores. Stores that looked like people had credit at, you know? The ones that if you lived here your whole life, you probably knew the owner.

I called him again. He still didnt answer.

Then, he turned down an alley between two of those squished shops. He raced by a few dumpsters and blindly sped down to another turn. It was getting dark, and I didnt know where I was, so I had to slow down.

I managed to follow him as much as possible though. A few more turns, deeper and deeper through the alleys of Belleville.

But then I lost him.

I got out of my car, looking down the crossing alley. Pondering whether or not to go straight, left, or right. I kicked a rock in frustration. There was some boxes, and some graffiti on the old brick walls. On the wall if I turned right was a spray painted orange circle that said SC in it. And if I turned left there was a trashcan with some odd squeaking sounds coming from it.

I called Frank. Once again, no answer.

It kind of scared me. Here I am, stuck in some crazy alleyway, in a town that I have only spent half a day in. I decided to call Ape.

"Have you found him yet?" It only rang twice.

"No dude, I was following him but then I lost him. I have no idea where I fucking am." I jumped up on the trunk of my car.

"Damn, here I'll let you talk to Gerard."

The phone muffled a bit, and I heard her talking, then Gerards voice came on. "Hello?"

"Hey, I'm lost, can you help me?"

"Sure sure," he said, sounding confident, "Well, what do you see?"

"Well, I followed him down some alleyways. For a really long time actually. But now..I'm just stuck back here."

"Oh shit," he replied, slightly worried. "You're lost in the alleys?"

"Sort of," my voice lacking amusement. "Do you know where he might be going? Or how to get there..?"

He said something away from the phone, then came back. "Mikey says theres a makeshift skatepark out there somewhere. But only Frank goes there. He took Mikey once, but I've never been. I have no idea, I'm sorry."

"Well, what do I do? Just wait for him to come back?" The idea of sitting in an alley in the middle of New Jersey didnt really seem to please me.

"I..I guess. And thats if he doesnt take a different way home.. Have you tried calling him?"

"Yea..he..he didnt answer.." I started panicking a little. I'm seriously lost out here, and the only person that has any clue where I'm at, hates me. Nice.. "What do I do? Gerard I need out of here! What if..I get shot or something?! Does Mikey have any idea where that place is at all?"

"Taylor theres a lot of alleys. He's got no idea how to get there. How about I call Frank. Maybe I can get him to call you. Ok?" Gerard said reasurringly.

I sighed, hoping to god Frank would tell me how to get to him. Or atleast back to Gerards. I sat on the trunk, pulling my knees up to my chest. The air was still, since I was surrounded by buildings, and the little bit of sunlight didnt bother trying to get down to where I was at, making it colder than neccessary.

My phone lit up. I sighed in relief at the caller id. "Hey.."

"Why did you follow me," he said flatly.

"Because you left," I said quietly, messing with the frayed end my jeans.

"Yes. I left, because I dont want to be around you. Now you're stuck in the middle of the alleys in New Jersey. Thats obviously not a smart idea, yea?"

I sighed, "Look. Fine, you dont have to help me get to you. Atleast help me get back to Gerards, and I'll leave you alone."

"Sorry Princess, but I don't know where you're at. I know how to get where I am, but starting at some random place in the middle, I don't know how to get back," he replied loosely. Obviously occupied with something else.

"So...what do I do?"

"Iduno, looks like you're stuck."

I didn't say anything. He's kidding right? He wouldnt just leave me out here in the alleys of Jersey, would he?

"Frank, can you please help me? It's starting to freak me out out here. Can't you do somthing?"

"What are you scared of the dark now, too?" he replied, sarcasm very obvious. "Why should I help you?!"

I laid my head on my knees. If I'm a bitch to him? It will get me no where. I guess he has a right to be pissed. "No, and I don't know. I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything for a second. Then he just sighed, "Do you see a spraypainted orange circle anywhere with an SC in it?"

My head shot up, and I looked behind me, back at the wall. "Yea."

"It stands for Scottie Carrie. This..skate place is named after him. By some of the local kids. Turn down that way, and follow the circles. I'll stay on the phone until you get here."

My heart lept. I jumped in my car and started the engine, and turned right, leaving the orange circle behind me. He continued talking, "Theres only one way to get here. Whenever you need to turn, you'll always see that orange circle. It won't ever be on the other side where you cant see it."

I spotted another one on the left. "This is hella confusing," I mumbled, speeding up a bit.

"They dont want just anyone coming down here. You should be lucky I'm telling you how. The only other person I brought here was Mikey."

"Mikey doesnt know how to get there," I said quietly, focusing on the orange circles with black SC's. I turned right again, then made a quick left.

"Really? I guess you're just special then."

I made another left, then saw a big wooden sign. "Scottie Carrie Memorial Skate," I read aloud.

"Thats it," he replied boredly. "Go ahead and park and shit."

Quickly, I parked next to his and killed the engine. There were two other cars there, and I could hear people skating on the series of ramps and rails.

I stood next to the sign. Staring at the vast open area, constructed to suit every skateboarders dream. It was empty, but I could hear people in the distance. "What now?"

"Do you see a spine?"

I looked around confused, "A what?"

"Its a ramp, that has another ramp doing down the other side," he quickly corrected. "Theres a few. You see the one closest to you?"

I looked around, then eyed something that matched his description. "Yea."

"Alright, go to the other side of that. You'll see a huge pit lookin' thing. It's called a snakerun."

I jogged to the otherside of the said ramp and saw him. He was right about the huge pit thing. I watched as a couple kids sped down in the snakerun or whatever its called. The sides were curved so you could skate down the side. Pretty much like an in ground, really long halfpipe. Yes I know what that is.

Frank was sitting on the edge of it. He turned and looked at me, then turned back, hanging up his phone. His feet were dangling over the edge. I slowly walked over and sat down next to him. Deciding now would probably be a good time to figure out what to say..

He didnt say anything, we both just stared at the bottom of the snakerun. "You skate?" I asked in a mumble.

"No," was his simple reply. I didn't say anything more about it.

His dark hair fell in front of his eyes as he rested his hands in his lap. The kids raced by again. One going up the side and taking his board elsewhere. Another followed him and jogged to catch up.

I sighed, "I'm guessing we cant make this one of those 'lets forget it ever happened' things, can it."

He did a sarcastic smirk, "Just a little different."

I stared down at my jeans, rubbing at a little spot with my nail. "You know, its not that big of a deal. Ape was only pissed cause she thought you knew. And I should've told you and all, I just-"

He shook his head, "You so don't get it. Taylor I don't give a shit if you can fucking swim or not."

I looked at him confused. "Then..whats the issue."

"The issue, is that I like you, and you know it, and you're fucking with me."

That REALLY threw me off. "What?! What are you talking about?!"

"It's like in that stupid Romeo and Juliet thing! At the beginning? When he likes Roseline? But shes a nun and devoted her life to fucking God or some shit! So then she goes around being this beautiful Roseline that only gives a shit about God and could care less if Romeo likes her or not. And he's all depressed and mopes around and stuff cause he was an emo teenage kid," he explained in an irritated tone.

I smiled a little. At the fact that he was comparing our relationship to Romeo and Juliet. But not the part of the story you'd expect. "Yea but doesnt he see Juliet and he completely forgets about Roseline?"

He sighed, "Yea, well, then my life needs to go a hell of a lot faster so I can find her and get over you."

It was really awkward. In one way I felt bad for him. In another I felt guilty. Then I was also annoyed, and a little embarassed.

"Besides," he continued. "In this fucked up version, Roselines a bitch that rubs it in Romeo's face that she'll never love him."

I frowned, "I don't rub it in your face."

"Yea you do! You're fun and beautiful and bitchy in a cool way and I like it but you don't like me!"

I blushed a little, but tried to blow it off. "So what you're saying you want me to be a boring, ugly, nice girl?!"

"Please?!"

I smiled, he did too. Probably knowing that that wasnt gonna happen. "See my problem? I'm fucked."

I stared at my shoes dangling over the side. I kicked my feet a bit. "So you mean like, because I'm fun and...you think I'm pretty, and I'm bitchy, and you like it, but I don't like you, you're pissed at me?"

He sighed, "It makes me feel worse when you say it like that."

"Oh man, I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that!"

"It's alright, don't worry," he said with a light laugh. "I still can't believe that you didnt tell me you were that scared of water though. Just because you didnt want to look like a baby... You know, I'm like, deathly scared of spiders, right?"

My eyes got wide, "No way.."

"Shyea," he replied. "One time, this chick brought this huge tarantula backstage. I was about to start punching people, seriously. I went outside with Gerard to smoke until she left."

It made me smile. I never really imagined Frank being afraid of something as minor as spiders.

"Theres nothing wrong with it," he continued. "You're born with it. Besides, I thought you didn't give a shit about what people thought of you?"

I looked down at the ground. He was right. I had no problem telling Clark that I was afraid of water when he tried to get me to go in the ocean with him, Ryan, and Ape that day at the beach. Instead he sat back and talked to me on the beach.

I was suppose to be treating Frank like I did Clark. Because I liked them both the same, remember?

"Anastasia Romanov."

I looked up at him, confused. "What?"

A huge smile came across his face. "Princess Anastasia Romanov. What were her last words?"

My breath caught as my face drained from realization. He smiled in triumph. I tried to let it slide, "I'm sorry. But I'm afraid if I told you the answer to that, I would have to kill you-"

"Because you don't know! Cause no one knows!"

"Thats not fair! She disappeared! No one knows how she even died, let alone her last words!"

"Exactly! Its a last word you dont know. So doesnt that mean you have to give me a chance?"

I didn't say anything. There was nothing to say really.

He laughed in happiness, singing, "I get a chance with the Princess!"

I smiled and stared at my shoes, mumbling, "You always had a chance.." just low enough so he couldn't hear.

But his eyes got wide, and he smiled even wider. "What was that?"

My eyes got wide also, at the fact that he heard me. "What?"

"Did you just say that I always had a chance?"

"What? No! Frank I don't like you.." Oh shit oh shit oh shit.

He laughed. "Yes you do," he said flatly. Almost as if it was written in concrete. His stupid adorable eyes. His annoyingly hot hair. Almost making me stare.

I caught myself. I've grown to become a professional at this. "No I don't! Frank you're so-"

I was caught mid sentence as he shoved his lips into mine.

Sadly? I've come to realize that thats my only weakness, as I effortlessly kissed him back.

I closed my eyes as he ran his tongue across my bottom lip, making me easily fall victim to his power. After a couple seconds, barely moving, he said, "I always had a chance.."

"This doesnt mean I love you," I whispered back, keeping my eyes closed.

I felt him smile against my lips. "Yes it does," he replied with a kiss. Grabbing my arms and gently resting them on his shoulders. It was weird, he had complete control. All I had was worthless talk. "It definately does," he added, as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so maybe I overdid the authors note a little. But hey, you liked it right? =) Just a little different.