Motion Sickness

.06 Groupies

"My Chemical Romance?" I asked, running the sound of it through my head. It actually sounded pretty sweet. "Damn, I wouldn't of thought of that. That's amazing!"

"Yea, our bassist came up with it. So what are you doing out here? I take it you're not from here. I'm not and I even know that this is the only gas station in town that only takes cash..." he asked quizzically as we started walking back outside.

"Me and my friend are driving to Englard," I declared proudly. Thats when I saw Ape standing outside our car, talking to a tall, skinny guy with thin brown hair and glasses, and another tall guy with a fro, and rolled my eyes. "That is, if she doesnt get an STD first.."

"Hey, those are my bandmates. They're clean, as far as I know anyway," he replied jokingly, standing next to them as I took my spot next to Ape.

We got over there mid-conversation. "..and she really hates South Carolina, and I'm just an amazing friend-"

"That always seems to drag me in to extra -commonly unwanted- company.." I muttered under my breath, so that she could hear.

She rolled her eyes. "Come on Taylor. These guys are cool," she replied, gesturing toward the three guys standing in front of us. "They look more your type anyway."

"I don't do love," I said extremely inaudible-y so that only she could hear, while we both kept our gaze on the guys.

"Then love isnt something you do. You go with it," she replied, just as quietly.

"I don't go with love-"

"This is Mikey, and his friend Ray," she said quickly, so that they didn't start getting more suspicious than they already were. "Mikey, Ray, this is my friend Taylor I was talking about."

"Hey," the one called Mikey replied. As Ray said a small, "Nice to meet you."

"Can I touch it?" I asked with a smile to Ray, and yes, intending for it to sound slightly perverted.

Frank obviously caught it. He smirked, and I could tell he was trying to hold in laughing.

"Um.. I guess.."

Ape rolled her eyes, "Taylor you can't just ask random people if you can touch their fros.."

Me and Frank both laughed out loud at that one. She just shoved me, "You're so sick minded! Thats not what I meant!"

Still laughing, I said, "Good, because then I'd have to accuse you of being a hippocrite.."

"Taylor Calvin!"

That made Mikey and Ray laugh too and she shoved me into the side of the gas thing. She tried to change the subject, "Whose your new friend?"

"Oh yea," I said, shifting back over to my original spot. "This is Frank."

"Hi, I'm April," she said with a small wave.

"Ape," I quickly corrected. "And she's not as much of a whore as I make her out to be. I just give her a lot of shit because she's very social and I'm not."

"Thank you!" she said with a small nod of her head. "Now, I'm going to go pee."

"Yea, I'm gonna go get some coffee," Mikey added, backstepping. I could see the happiness on Ape's face when she heard him say that, and I got an evil idea. And as Mikey walked passed us, I slid his phone out of his back pocket, somehow unnoticed. Except by Frank.

Then, some pale guy with long black hair stuck his head out of the van, "Guys! Bob's asleep, come look what I did to him!"

Frank hesitated a little. Obviously debating on whether or not to leave me here or stick around and keep me company.

His dilemma was solved though, as Ray happily ran over to the van.

"Thats Gerard," Frank replied, gesturing behing him with his hand, as I punched in Ape's number and pushed 'Store'.

"He's really pale," was my only comment, without looking up from the phone.

"Meh. He doesn't like to tan, and he's part italian. So he avoids the sun as much as possible," he replied, shoving his hands in his pockets and shrugging as I saved her number under 'SEXYBEAST'.

I handed the phone back to him. "Put this on the van somewhere and pretend I never had it."

He looked back up, and, with a smile and a look that said I don't even wanna know..., took the phone. "Hey, we're playing a show at the Blackout tonight before we go home. You and your friend wanna come along?"

I gasped excitedly. Not having heard live music in a long time. "Hell yea! What do you guys sound like?"

"Uhh.." he said thoughtfully, looking off into space for a second. "Well, we attempt to sound...probably something between Morrissey and the Misfits..you know?"

Fucking dream come true...

"Sweet!" I exclaimed happily. "So like, do we get to hang out with you guys backstage? Do we get in free or something?"

"Well, there isn't really a 'backstage'. And its free to get in anyway. We're not really that big," he replied with a laugh, taking off his aviator glasses to reveal his hazel eyes. "But you're more than welcome to hang out with us."

My smile was plastered. I loved music. But live music was an all time addiction. And I hadn't been to a concert since I was sixteen.

But after I thought about it, I frowned. "Wait. This isn't like, a groupie thing or something, right? Cause we don't do that shit," I glared, making sure my point got across.

His mouth opened a little, as he stared back in disgust at my accusation. "Well, no, it wasn't going to be a groupie thing. As a matter of fact, we don't do that shit either. But if you're going to be a bitch about it then I don't really care if you go or not.." he replied defensivley, putting his glasses back on and starting back toward the bus.

My glare quickly fell, and for some reason I felt a kinda bad.

"Taylor Calvin? Have feelings? Huh uh..."

"Wait.."

He stopped, his hand on the doorway of the van.

"Sorry. I'm just.." I couldn't think of the words. Judgemental? Straightforward? "Yea. Sorry. So..is it cool if we go? We'd like to.." It felt weird asking, but I felt kind of bad. And I wanted to kind of wave it off..

"Get the info from Miikey," was all he said before he disappeared into the van.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. Comp being rebellious. Stole Rannys comp for this. Not many updates until later in the week.

Comments are the sex. Yea?

*rocks out to Murderdolls*