Say Cheese!

He's no man...

Right, I don't think I ever mentioned to you that I was claustrophobic. Well, I am. SO, being trapped in the loo by myself would have been bad, but with someone else! I am in way too deep. What made it worse was the fact that it was the men's room. Waa! Cleo, what do you get yourself into.

I looked up from where I was laying on the floor at Billie. "So, what d'you wanna do?" he asked, dropping the joint butt on the tiled floor and stepping on it. I glanced around the cubicle, on the verge of tears.

"Get out," I whispered, my eyes darting from wall to wall. Billie looked at me.
"What's wrong?"
"Did I ever mention I suffer from claustrophobia?"
He studied me for a moment, then furrowed his eyebrows.
"Right, is that the one where you can't ski, or is that the one where you don't like small spaces?"
I glanced around the room again, beginning to sweat slightly.
"Okay, I don't think you need to answer that. But, we have a problem."

"No!" I cried sarcastically. He nodded. My eyes were now automatically darting around from wall to wall, and I think I had sweat running down my forehead, and I was beginning to shake.
"Cleo, calm down. I'm gonna get us out of here?"

He stood up and put his arm around the top of my back, pulling me to a sat up position. Then he helped me to my feet and sat me on the loo.
"Better?"

"Yeah. Thanks." I breathed , leaning back slightly, putting my hands on either wall. I felt like they were closing in on me.

*Billie Joe's POV*

I helped her onto the loo. She was sweating like mad, it was dripping down her forehead. She had her hands on each wall and was pushing, like she was trying to break the walls down. Well, I suppose it was more than what I was doing, standing there, being useless. I turned to the door and looked at the lock. I tried it again, just to check, and it was stuck, and I mean, properly stuck.
"Okay, it's stuck."
"I figured that." Cleo mumbled from behind me.
"Sorry, right, anyway, Cleo, d'you have any hair clips or that kind girl stuff?"
"Do I look like the kind of girl who wears clips in my hair?"

I laughed slightly, trying to pick all the chewing gum out of the whole. Maybe that might help. It's not the best hobby, picking other peoples saliva covered balls of gum out of a hole in a lock. Suddenly, Cleo yelled from behind me. I spun around to see her attacking the wall, crying her eyes out and beating whatever the plastic walls had left in them. I had to hurry up. The poor girl was going mental, and she was disturbed enough. Billie, shut up and focus. This is not a time for lame gags. Especially about your best mate's sister. Hell, me and my lame gags. Ahhhhh! I'm going off the point. Again!

By this time, Cleo was thumping her head against the cubicle wall, muttering something about chickens. I turned back to the lock. I removed the remains of the gum and wiping it on the wall.

"Ahh! I see a screw!" I announced, pointing into the air for more affect. Cleo was still taking out her anger on the wall with her head.

"Okay, you don't seem too pleased," I mumbled, tightening up the screw with the remainder of my nail. As I did, I heard the main door to the loos open and someone come in. By the squeaks, I gathered they were in a wheel chair. I adjusted the screw so it was tighter, then the door swung open. Before you could say 'Cleo, the door's open!', Cleo had rushed passed me, and out of the toilets, almost falling out the doors. Then I noticed a guy stood at the urinals. Well, slouched there.

He turned slightly to look at me. Oh hell.

"Billie, you'd better have a good reason why my sister just ran outta that cubicle with you in it, crying. And, why the hell were you both in there to start with. Wait, I don't wanna know. Actually, explain the clean bits."

Damn. Mike.

"Well, umm. . . I was having a joint, then Cleo came over the wall from the cubicle there, and we shared one, then the door got stuck and she got a bit upset and then I got it open and she came out."
Mike looked at me from where he was 'stood'.
"You expect me to believe that?"
"Yeah. And, no offence, you're supposed to stand in the urinals." I replied, emphasising the word 'stand'.

"Have you ever tried peeing with a broken leg in a urinal. I only have one hand to hold myself up and aim. It's hard."
"You should try being a woman." I replied. He glanced at me.
"Billie Joe, you have no idea how freaky you sounded just then."

"No, I mean, women are multi-tasker's. Supposedly. Well, my Mum can watch tv AND make tea at the same time. Does that count?"
"Why are we talking about this?"

I shrugged, exiting the cubicle and walking over to Mike, helping him sit back down in his wheelchair. We went out of the toilets and back to reception.

"Umm . . . Bill. The fit nurse said that I could go home now. I just need to 'check out'."

I saluted him. "Aye aye."

The two of us walked over to the middle aged woman who was sat at reception .
"Hi, I was told I had to just tell you I was leaving."
"Yes," replied the woman, "You're Michael Pritchard, right?"
He nodded.
"Okay, well, it's fine. Would you like me to call you a taxi?"

"Umm . . . No thanks," I interrupted, "We have a friend to find yet, we don't live far. Our legs will take us."

The woman nodded, but didn't seem that happy. So, I got behind Mike's wheelchair and pushed him to the electronic doors. Then we both went out into the night. It really was cold for summer. You could see your breath, even if you weren't smoking. There was a young girl running around, screaming, in the car park. I stood next to Mike, and we exchanged troubled glances.
"So, what really happened?"
"She's got claustrophobia."
"Oh." mumbled Mike, wheeling himself over to his sister.

"Cleo, it's Mike!" he cried, trying to get her attention. Slowly, she came to a halt, puffing and panting , looking really white. I grabbed her arm.

"Cleo, are you okay?" I asked, as she ran her hands through her hair. She nodded, still breathing really heavily.
"Umm . . . Yeah, I'm fine. Just, need to calm down a bit. I'll be fine."
Then she looked over at Mike.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, need a wheel chair for a couple of weeks. That's all."
"Good."
She stood there for a moment, hopping from one foot to another.
"We'd better get going then, I'm cold and tired."

*Mike's POV*

"Oh, here, have my jacket." Billie offered, taking his jacket off and draping it over her shoulders. She looked at him, then smiled.
"What about you? You'll freeze."
Billie grinned.
"I'll learn to live with it."

We laughed and the three of us set off towards my house, no, wait, I mean OUR house. Ha, that sounds weird. Cleo decided she was going to come back tomorrow and pick up the scooter.

About half and hour later, the three of us were wandering aimlessly down a street around the corner from the house.
"Bill, are you gonna go home or stay the night at ours?"
He hesitated for a moment.

"I shall stay another night!" he announced, flinging his arms around like a mad man. I watched Cleo look at him, smile, then look away.