Say Cheese!

High. Speed. Crash.

I stepped back about four steps into the person behind me. The whole restaurant fell silent and all eyes were on me. I surveyed the guy in front of me. Tall. Red/brown dyed hair. The loveliest blue eyes you've ever seen. Apart from Mike's, of course.
"Err . . Do I know you?"

I didn't say anything. Hell, I'm making a total twat out of myself. He's more gorgeous than I remember him. With his dyed hair and his new 'punk' look. He stared at me weirdly.
"Hello? Do I know you?" he repeated, with his coffee cup in his hand. For some reason unknown to me, I didn't say anything. Come on Cleo, speak. You dumbass sucker. He scowled, muttering something under his breath. Then turned to walk away. He almost reached the door when I said something.

"Jimmy still misses you."
Well, I more quietly shouted it if you get me. He stopped in his tracks. I could see Billie and Mike sat at a table in the corner out of the corner of my eye, watching us like we were in some kind of soap opera. Ha, funny. Slowly, he turned around to face me.
"Pardon me?"

He didn't remember. I felt my heart drop, like it had almost been ripped in half. I took a deep breath and said it more slowly and clearly this time.
"Jimmy. He still misses you."

He shook his head, scowled slightly then turned to walk off. He didn't remember. That or he didn't recognise me. I'm sure it was him. 100% positive. I had dyed my hair blue, had it cut to above my shoulders from where it used to be down my back and had my lip pierced. I saw Mike go to get up out the corner of my eye. I felt a tear trickle down my right cheek. Mike stood up as the guy in the doorway turned around, eyes wide.

"Holy hell! Cleo!" he yelled. Again, all eyes were on us. I wiped away the tear and smiled slightly, nodding. His frown quickly transformed into a goofy grin. He ran up and gave me a giant bone-crushing hug. I felt myself crying. He finally let go of me, held my by the shoulders. His eyes looked from the top of my blue hair covered head, to my converse and back up again.
"You've grown up." he stated, like it was the weirdest thing in the world.