Status: Short Story

Super Girl

“I'm going to kill him.”

I never thought I'd hear Leeteuk same something so threatening, let alone sound like it was an absolute promise.

“Teukie,” I sighed, grabbing his hand. “Please, don't. Super Junior doesn't need to lose their leader sooner than they already are. Or two to get arrested.”

After I'd passed out, it'd been a scene, apparently. Donghae had excitedly told me all the details how Kangin, Eunhyuk, and himself had held down a furious Yesung until police arrived to arrest him. Now news was flying internationally how one of Super Junior's members had beat their girlfriend and was now facing charges for assault. It was still under consideration if he would be shipped back to Korea to stand trial or do it here in the States.

Honestly, I didn't care. I just never wanted to see him again. My face looked horrifying, bruised and cut. Four of my ribs were cracked, more bruises on my torso and shoulders. Leeteuk had went loco when he'd seen my condition. I'd never seen such a side to him. But I'd never seen such a side to Kyuhyun the day before. Donghae had filled me in on how he'd seen how vicious Kyuhyun had been in his fight against Yesung and how it scared him to be even near the maknae anymore.

That made me laugh. He truly was the evil maknae now.

“I don't care what they do to me,” Leeteuk continued. “Yesung was...I can't even believe...” He put his face in his hands and sighed. “This is going to be a mess.”

“I'm sorry,” I said and hugged him lightly, my sides still tender.

“Its not your fault.”

“It kinda is. I mean, Yesung—”

“It was Yesung's fault, all of it,” Leeteuk reprimanded me. “Don't ever say it was yours.”

“Okay...” I agreed reluctantly, not in the mood to start another argument. I looked over at the giant vase of roses sitting on the hotel room table.

One hundred and sixty-eight roses stood towering in the vase, filling the room with their sweet, fresh perfume. A dozen from each of the fourteen, sweet men who cared for me more than I'd ever known, their names all signed on a little card tied to the neck of the vase. Heechul's dozen was somewhat expected, as was Zhou Mi's and Henry's; it was Kibum and Han Geng's contributions that took me by surprise. Though Kibum was still part of the group, I'd only met him once and had never gotten the chance to meet Han Geng, who wasn't even—technically—a member anymore. I was touched by their thoughtfulness.

Of course, the rest of the boys had made my forty-eight hours in the hospital bearable. Sungmin, Wookie, Donghae, and Eunhyuk had performed 'Gee' for me right inside my room; wigs, choreography, everything. Let's face it, that never gets old. Leeteuk was making sure I was as comfortable as possible and fretting over me to the point I asked Siwon to drag him out for an hour. Shindong was in charge of keeping me smiling; Sungmin played me songs with his guitar.

And Kyuhyun never left my side.

'Never' was maybe exaggerating it, but he was there almost every waking moment. He wasn't hovering like Teukie or possessive like Yesung; he was there for company, moral support, and protection. I felt most comfortable with him there. He'd saved me from Yesung—my worst nightmare—and that made me feel like he could protect me from anything.

This whole event had shown me that Super Junior cared for me more than just their translator and American cultural guide. They were like brothers and they'd stand up for me when I needed it most.

Leeteuk and I loaded into the charter bus, the boys' chatter and laughing stopping abruptly to announce my entrance. Ryeowook sweetly asked how I was feeling as Leeteuk helped me place my giant bouquet of roses in one of the front, empty seats.

“I'm not feeling too bad today. Thanks, Wookie.” My eyes traveled to the seat behind him where Kyuhyun was peering back at me from under his bangs. I hesitated in the aisle at the seat next to his and he looked up at me with an answering look. I smiled and took my seat next to him as the boys' clammer resumed.

I turned back in my seat from my quick discussion with Leeteuk and carefully adjusted myself so I was more comfortable. My face heated when I realized Kyuhyun was openly staring at me.

“What?” I demanded quietly, meeting his look.

He gave me an innocent look, smiled, and went back to tapping at his iPod. “Just admiring how beautiful you are.”

My face turned even warmer. “Th—thank you,” I stuttered. God, he could be such a player.

“So...we're going to New York next, right?” I nodded. “That's a cool city...one of your favorites, right?” The fact that he remembered that about me took me by surprise. I nodded again. Then, he did something to make the situation even more surprising. He spoke in English, “We did not get to see the Statue of Liberty last time...would you like to go?”

His broken, accented English and the stereotypical request made me giggle. Kyu arched an eyebrow and I grinned. “I would love to,” I answered in Korean.

He beamed and—very boldly—kissed me on the cheek.

“Hey!” Leeteuk shouted, making me cringe. “What was that?” he demanded of Kyu, leaning over our seat to glare down at us.

“Teukie...” I said, giving him a pleading look. “I'm a grown woman and I can take care of myself.” I shoved his shoulder lightly and begged with my eyes that he wouldn't embarrass me.

His eyes narrowed and his mouth opened to argue, but Kangin grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back into his own seat. I shook my head, groaning in annoyance, and Kyuhyun smirked. The buss took off and I sat back in my seat, trying to find a comfortable position for my cracked and bruised body.

I looked over at Kyuhyun who was, again, entranced by his iPod. When I laid my head on his shoulder, he looked at me, smiling slightly.

“Thank you,” I said quietly.

“For?”

“For being there, for protecting me when I pushed you away.”

“I care about you,” he answered simply, leaning his head on mine.

“Thank you,” I said again, smiling.

“Oh, my super girl, you're my only baby girl,” Kyuhyun sang, causing a giggle to come from me. “The men that don't recognize your value are idiots! Oh, my super girl, for you I'm a super man...” His low and gentle voice trailed off as his lips touched mine.

“Hey!” Kyu's seat jerked forward. “Keep the public affection to a minimal!” Kangin shouted. “Otherwise, go occupy the back of the bus!”

“No!” Leeteuk shouted, smacking Kangin. “Don't give them that idea!”

As I tried to hold my jolting laughter in, Kyu began bickering with the two behind us. I sat back in my seat, taking Kyu's iPod out of danger and began scrolling through the songs. Coincidentally, “Super Girl” was among the first ones I flipped to and I chose that.

Kyuhyun was just like the boy in the song, stubborn and determined to treat the girl right, no matter how she looked at another man. Yesung was out of my life and—hopefully—for a long while. It was like a giant thunderhead had just been blown away and I could finally see the sun through my self-caused misery. I should have seen what was happening all along, should have left Yesung before it all came to this. But I had come to terms with my mistakes. Kyuhyun was there by my side.

I looked up at him, still defending us against Teukie's over-protective criticism and Kangin's perverse statements. He was stubborn, I'd give him that, but he was also sweet and kind and generous. Beautiful in ever single way. I still couldn't understand how a guy like him could be attracted to someone as broken and foolish as me. I, the blemish and he being perfect. Not that I was going to complain. I felt like a better person with him beside me, protected and secure.

I was by no means a super girl, but Kyuhyun was definitely my super man.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you've read some of my stuff before, you probably know I suck at wrapping things up and ending them. >.< This was no exception, I thought. I'm sorry it was a bad ending, I couldn't figure how else to end it and it felt like it was rambling on. :P

But its over!! :):

Any last comments/concerns/insults?

Special thanks to:
daisuki desu.
Oceanid.
& everyone else who commented, recced, and subscribed. You're all beautiful. <3

Image