Status: Being written. Please comment & Subscribe.

Lone Island

.

I bit my lip and pushed my brown hair back into the seat of the car. ‘I’ll be gone for three weeks, and won’t have any wifi. I’ll answer any asks when I get back’ I typed then posted to my tumblr. I sighed as A Rocket To The Moon blasted through my headphones.

Three weeks. On on island. With my parents. Some ‘family fun’ holiday that my mum had booked for us. A remote island somewhere in the middle of the sea near California. Me, my mum, my dad, my sister, my auntie, my uncle and my two cousins. Fun.

My sister - Rosie - is four years my elder at 23. I don’t know why she even came on this trip, she still lived at home and my mum probably didn’t trust her not to burn the house down. My two cousins were twins - double trouble as they were sometimes referred to. Frankie and Sasha were both a year older than me, so yes I was the baby of the group and treated accordingly. I was also very different to the other three. While they were perfect daughters whose few boyfriends had been charming young gentlemen, who took then on dates to posh restaurant where they could wear expensive dresses, I was always the one to bring home a rock star, skinny jeans, tight shirt, long hair, tattoos and that wasn’t going to change anytime soon!

You could tell just by our dress that we were entirely different beings. I was wearing ruined and bleached Levis with a checked shirt and slip on vans that currently littered the car floor, and my hair was wavy. My sister and her pin drop straight hair were wearing a floral blazer, vest top and leggings with some ballerina shoes.

I looked out of the back window as I wondered how much further we would have to travel when my phone buzzed in my hands ‘hey, fancy coming to my house and jamming? J xx’. I sighed and text back ‘sorry Jaime, my parents have hauled me off to some hut in the middle of nowhere. I won’t even have signal or wifi. Maybe some other time xxx’. I sent the text and hated the fact that I couldn’t reply with my usual enthusiastic ‘I'll be there in 10!’

Jaime had been my best friend for years, our families knew each other. I think that our parents had always wished for us to be a couple, but after 18 years of being best friends that was pretty hard to change. But he always watched out for me. Wither it was at a party or gig or just in school.

School was over and I was spending my vacation here! I slipped one headphone out and leant forwards
“hey mum can I look at that leaflet again?” I asked the brunette sitting in front of me.
“Sure honey” she replied as she handed it to me. I soon slunk back and put my headphone back in.

‘Pine Hollows Cabins!’ screamed the title. I looked down the page and read ‘A cosy woodland retreat for the whole family on Lone island! Live the life of luxury and relaxation in our state of the art cabins! Enjoy treks through our lovely woodland and enjoy fun activities suitable for all the fami-’ ‘Fucking bullshit’ I thought as I dropped the leaflet.

I’ve always loved the outdoors, but thats for a few hours or a night tops, not three weeks. I guess it might be fun. Maybe. But I doubt it. I have such a short attention span that I’ll be bored by day three.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm just introducing at the moment, I've been writing this and another story on my ipod, so maybe I'll post that one too soon. Any chance of you maybe liking this and subscribing? I have another on it's way already!