Burn the Rule Book

My breath was caught in my throat as the men searched the place for anybody else. I shut my eyes tightly, a tear escaping and slowly trailing down my cheek. I heard the men roughly throw random objects across the room. I burrowed further into my hiding place behind an already overturned desk.

The air smelled of gunpowder and freshly shed blood. There were countless bullet shots only minutes before.

"It looks like this place it clear," one of the men said in a voice I wouldn't expect to go with a bank robber. I almost let out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, let's just take the stuff and go," another voice said. I almost couldn't believe I was going to make it. I was so close to getting out and being safe. Then vibrating started up in my pocket. I panicked and hurried to fish my phone out of my pocket before it began to ring loudly but the space was too small.


"Well the night gets old so I'm back again. The day just started cause I'm up with my old friends..."

"Fuck," I whispered helplessly, more tears leaking from my eyes. Footsteps neared my hiding place until I was met with two mask men, both dressed in all black. Masks covered their faces, but their body builds gave away that they were men.

"I guess it wasn't clear," one of them said.

"Shut up and call the boss," the other retorted. The guy nodded and pulled out a phone. I knew better to not run. My phone had stopped ringing.

"Hey, boss?" He paused. "We found a girl here." Another pause. "Yeah, she looks young." Pause. "Yeah, we'll bring her."

--
Disclaimer: I own all the original characters and the plot line. The pictures and lyrics used are not mine and all credit is given to the rightful owners.