Sequel: Forever and Always
Status: Finished

Counting the Stars

Prologue

Niall’s POV

“And it’s official, Josh is too sick to tour with us,” Liam sighed, holding up his phone so we could all see the text message he had just received from our drummer.

“I bet he’s just messing with us, mate. It’s Josh, that’s what he does best,” Harry responded, in denial over the fact that Josh wouldn’t tour with us. We all knew it was true, though. Josh had been sick at home for the past month, not ever leaving his room.

“Then we’re just going to have to find a replacement drummer. We’re in California, I’m sure there are tons of drummers here itching to get a start in the business. Tour starts in five days, so we’ll host auditions all day tomorrow. We’ll post an add on just about every site to make sure people know about it,” Paul responded, quickly pulling out his phone to contact Simon, “Liam, I’m leaving you in charge to post everything. I’m sure you can handle it.”

Liam nodded eagerly as we all gathered around his laptop. He pulled up a word document and started to type slowly, making sure everything was spelled correctly.

‘Drummer Wanted For Summer Tour
Drums provided.
Please come prepared to show us your best.
8am to 8pm
Auditions hosted in Hilton Hotel Convention Room
4687 E Ocean Blvd.
Los, Angeles California’


“How does that sound?” Liam asked, turning around to look at each of us.

“Maybe we should say something about only having guys audition? If we allow girls and guys, we’re going to have a ton of 13 year old girls show up to bang some sticks on drums just to catch a glimpse of us, “ Zayn stated.

“That’s unfair, though! What if there’s a girl who’s kick ass at drums and wants to try out?” I whined, not seeing the whole point.

“You want some girl you don’t even know to come on tour with us? Some girl who could be listening in on our conversations and selling them to magazines? WHAT IF SHE’S A SERIAL KILLER?” Louis began to shout, “I agree with Zayn. It makes it easier.”

After a vote of three to two (Zayn, Liam, and Louis in favor of only boys, Harry and I in favor of letting a girl audition) Liam added, “Male Drummer Wanted for Summer Tour” to the title and posted it onto our website, Facebook, Twitter, and a few other social networking sites. With that, auditions were set for tomorrow and we were officially replacing Josh, at least for one tour.

Callista’s POV

Reblog. Reblog. Reblog.

The first week of summer and my life had accounted for absolutely nothing so far, besides the fact I had gained about 100 tumblr followers each day. Being internet famous was not exactly something most people would pride themselves in, but it was about my only accomplishment so far. 18 years old with nothing going for myself was about the only way I could describe myself. It was quite sad actually, but I chose to not dwell on it on a daily basis.

‘You can rough me up, you can break me down, baby don’t stop nooow,’ My phone rang loudly, causing me to tear my eyes away from my laptop for a few seconds.

“What Caroline?” I asked impatiently once I answered my phone.

“CALLISTA! I found you a band to be a drummer for! They need one for a four month summer tour! You have to do this!” My best friend practically squealed into the phone.

“What band? Four months is a really long time to be stuck in a van, plus, they probably wouldn’t even want a girl drummer,” I sighed, opening a new window to search the band once Caroline gave me the name.

“You’re going to think I’m crazy when I say this, but I swear I’m not. So please don’t judge me and hate me… But the band is that boyband, One Direction, and they need a drummer because their drummer got sick. The thing is though they only want a guy drummer, I just saw that, so nevermind,” Caroline rambled on.

“Caroline, I gotta go, I’ll talk to you later,” I hung up on her quickly and went to One Direction’s Facebook.

I didn’t live under a rock, so I was aware of One Direction’s level of fame. If I wanted to get anywhere being a drummer, this would definitely be the place to start. It didn't matter if all they wanted a guy, I could pull off the whole cross dresser act. I could learn from Mulan's mistakes and make this work.

The posting on their Facebook page gave me all of the information I needed to know to make this plan a success. I shut my laptop quickly and ran to my brother’s room, “Shane, I need to borrow some of your clothes for tomorrow. It is a very important manner that is of dire importance.”
He raised his eyebrow questioningly at me, “Why do you need to borrow my clothes? That’s really weird.”

So I gave him a quick rundown of my plan. Pretend to be a guy, audition to go on tour with them. It wasn’t too elaborate, but it sounded weird when it was said aloud, “It could totally work, too! I would just have to lower my voice. I could wear a hat to auditions and if I get the job, I could just cut my hair like a guy. It wouldn’t be that hard to pull off for four months. Think about it, I have absolutely nothing going for me right now. This could be my big break!”

“You can’t be serious, Callista! There is no way you’d be able to pull off an act of pretending to be a guy just so you can play drums in a band!” Shane rolled his eyes, looking at me like I was crazy.

“Oh yeah? Watch me.” I stuck my tongue out at him and walked over to his closet, pulling out an outfit for tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, tada! Short prologue to give you a little insight of the plot and how the story will roll out. It's my first fanfiction, so before you start to angry type in the comment box "omg this story sux go awai" please note, I've never written anything like this before. Also, this will probably be the only chapter with Niall's POV and a POV switch, just an FYI.

See ya soon, Sydney