Sequel: Forever and Always
Status: Finished

Counting the Stars

I feel like I'm on top of the world with your love

Even though I had slept for about 10 hours straight, it just wasn't enough. Any amount of sleep under 12 hours just didn't seem to be enough. On top of being cranky and tired, my foot hurt like a bitch and it constantly felt like a knife was stabbing my foot over and over again. All I wanted to do was lay in the bed and never have to move again.

"Callista, how's your foot?" Harry asked, rolling over to face me. I had to admit, sleeping next to someone made it a lot easier to sleep. I had slept better last night than I had in the past few weeks.

"Just cut my foot off and get it over with now. I don't want to live with this pain," I sighed over dramatically. Harry rolled his eyes at me.

"Get up and get dressed and I'll have Paul find a hospital I can take you to," He instructed, rolling out of the bed.

Just to make Harry feel bad for making me walk, I got off the bed and walked towards the door, dramatizing my limp more than it actually needed to be. There was definitely a limp apparent whenever I took a step, but I felt the need to take it more than over the top. Harry rolled his eyes at me once more before disappearing into the bathroom to clean up for the day.

I struggled to figure out the lock on the door, finally figuring it out after trying at least five times. This hotel was not messing around when it came to safety and privacy. There were at least three different locks that had to be unlocked almost at the exact same time just to get the door opened. I needed an extra hand to accomplish it. I slipped out of Harry's room and started the walk, well more like limp, to my own room down the hall. Unfortunately for me, I ran into the last person on the planet I wanted to see.

There was Niall Horan, the stupid platinum blonde, Irishman I still couldn't seem to get over, in all of his perfect glory. His hair looked like it hadn't been combed in days and his shirt needed to desperately be ironed. I didn't want to talk with him, so I avoided his gaze and kept walking. As much as I knew I still liked him, I was not happy with him.

"Why are you limping like that, Lista?" Niall asked me as I kept trying to walk towards my room. He reached out and put a hand on my shoulder, forcing me to stop.

I shrugged, "I fell when I was out last night. I'm going to get it checked by a doctor after I get dressed. Don't worry about me, you never have seemed to before."

"Lista, I worry and care about you more than you will possibly ever know. I have to go pick Caroline up from the airport by 5 tonight. Want me to take you to the hospital and then we can go get Caroline together?" He asked, a hopeful smile on his face.

I deadpanned, not knowing how to react, "You're kidding me, right? You want me to hang out with you today like nothing is wrong and then watch as you two lovebirds reunite? It actually sickens me to see you two together knowing that you cheated on her."

I didn't wait around to hear his response and began to speed walk away from him. Niall didn't bother to come up with a response or follow me back to the room. He just stood there in the middle of the hallway, staring at me with a hurt expression on his face.

"You should probably go to wherever you were headed to before I bring a group of fans up here and let them attack you," I laughed at my own joke. I had gotten the door to my hotel room opened, so I was standing in my doorway.

He completely ignored my comment, "Why are you now just going in to your room in the clothes you were wearing last night?"

"You didn't hear? Harry and I went out last night and he invited me back to his room. Such a gentleman, right?" I smirked at him and his hurt expression. I walked all the way into my hotel room and let the door shut behind me, with no doubt that Niall was still standing dumbfounded in the middle of the hallway.

---

"I'm sorry Miss. Blake, but your foot is broken. We're going to have to put it in a cast and have you get around by a wheel chair for at least nine weeks," The doctor explained, pointing to the X-Ray that was illuminated on the wall. Now, I wasn't a certified doctor, but it was very easy to see the crack in my bones.

I wanted to jump up, scream, and attack the doctor. He was only the messenger for this whole ordeal, but it still made me mad. 9 weeks was the majority of what was left of the tour and I didn't want to spend that in a cast AND a wheel chair. Harry looked over at me with sad eyes as he gave my hand a tight, reassuring squeeze. I silently thanked him and looked back at the doctor.

I pouted, "But how am I going to continue to play the drums and go on tour? That's not fair to me or the rest of the band! I can't quit already."

The doctor offered me a sad, apologetic smile, "For at least a week you aren't going to be able to do much of anything. After the first week, if you can be wheeled onto the stage by someone, you should be able to play the drums and continue on with the tour. But for the first week you don't need to be putting at pressure on your foot whatsoever. We need the foot to heal. Your little boyfriend over here is going to need to baby you."

My cheeks flushed a deep shade of red when the doctor mentioned Harry being my boyfriend. I knew he wasn't my boyfriend, Harry knew he wasn't my boyfriend, but apparently now the doctor and old waitress at the diner thought he was.

"I'll make sure she doesn't lift a single muscle, Doc," Harry grinned cheekily which caused me to roll my eyes. Between the two of us, one of our eyes were going to get stuck in the back of our head due to how often we were rolling our eyes at each other.

"What color cast would you like, Miss. Blake?" The doctor asked, propping my leg up on the hospital bed, "You can have one color, or I can do stripes, if you'd like."

I grinned brightly, "Green and blue, please!" I practically shouted like a little kid. If I was going to be honest, I was kind of excited to have a cast. I'd make everyone sign it and it would be the most wonderful thing.

The doctor nodded and got the colors out for me and soaked them in water.

"Why are you putting the wrap in water?" Harry asked the doctor curiously.

He explained to Harry how the only way to have the cast wrap set was if it was wet and it would dry. Harry nodded, understanding after being explained to. After a boring ten minutes of having my foot and leg wrapped up, the cast was set and permanently on my foot for the next nine weeks of my life.

"I'll go and grab you a wheel chair and you should be set to go," The doctor said, leaving the room.

Harry grinned, "Y'know love, it really sucks that you broke your foot but now I can be the first one to sign your cast and I get to push you around in a wheel chair everywhere we go!"

"Who said I was going to let you push me around?" I countered, a smirk on my face.

Harry shrugged, "No one did. But I don't see anyone else here who will willingly push you around for the next three months and both you and I know you're too lazy to move the wheels yourself."

I nodded. Harry had a point there. The doctor came back in a few moments later, pushing a wheel chair in front of him. Harry scooped me up in his arms and set me down in the wheel chair. Like the gentlemen he was, he pulled the foot rest down for my foot that wasn't broken, and propped my broken foot up on the raised foot rest.

"Oh gosh, you look so helpless and crippled it's funny!" Harry laughed, spinning my wheel chair around.

The doctor gave me a few more instructions on how to properly operate having the cast on. Luckily, he gave me a water proof cast so I'd be able to take baths, not showers because that involves standing, without having to worry about getting the cast wet. After he talked for a little while longer, Harry was pushing me out of the hospital and to Paul in the waiting SUV. Before we got outside, Harry stopped me in the middle of the hospital and pulled a Sharpie out of his cast and began to sign my cast.

After he was done, I looked down at what he wrote in his almost perfect penmen ship.

'Get better soon you crip. Love you! xxHarry Styles' This of course caused me to roll my eyes.

Once Paul saw me in a cast and riding in a wheel chair, he lost his composure and began to crack up, "Only you would do this to yourself, Callista."

I help my hands out innocently, "What can I say? I'm not the most graceful person on the planet."

---

Even though I told Harry ten times that I just wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep, he convinced Paul to let him drag me around New York and finish showing me the sights. I personally didn't want to go with so I wasn't a set back, having the wheelchair made everything a lot more difficult. Harry insisted that I come with.

"See, aren't you glad we came?" Harry asked as we overlooked the New York skyline from the top of the Empire State Building. We got to ride the elevator up because of my crippled state, and Harry being Harry Styles.

"Don't make me regret coming anymore,"I smirked, "But yes, thank you for convincing me to come. I'll probably never see this sight again and it's absolutely wonderful."

Harry smiled and pulled out his phone, "We're taking a picture."

He walked up to a man who was most likely in his mid forties and asked him to take our picture. After the man agreed, Harry handed over his iPhone and walked over to me. Instead of standing up, Harry got down on both of his knees and took a hold of one of my hand. He told me to smile, which I obliged, and gave the man the okay to take our picture. After the man told us he got the picture, Harry stood back up and walked over and looked at it, smiling and telling the man it was perfect. He thanked him and walked back over and showed me the picture.

"What do you think?" He asked, handing me the phone.

I had to admit, it was a really good picture. You could just barely see the Skyline since we were both so low to the ground, but you could easily tell where we were. Both of ours smiles were so wide they practically reached our eyes. We looked genuinely happy. Even though I was in the wheel chair and the brightness of my cast was distracting, it was probably one of the best pictures I had taken.

"I love it," I grinned, approving of the picture.

Harry smiled again, "Good, because that's going on Twitter."

@Harry_Styles: @C4llista, the wheel chair, and I on top of the world... (Or the Empire State Building) instagr.am/p/kladjflds
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating yesterday... I may or may not have been on a date............ Then some of the theatre kids came over. I was busy having a social life...

I have auditions for the school play coming up on the 24th. So if I make it into the show, I will be at rehearsals 4 days a week for quite some time.

Fillerish chapter with a lot of Harry because the Harry feels are running strong today.

OH AND I'M GOING TO NEW YORK OVER MY SPRING BREAK WITH THE THESPIAN CLUB WOJKLASF!!!!

Chapter Title Credit: With Ur Love- Cher Lloyd

Until next time, Sydney