Sequel: Forever and Always
Status: Finished

Counting the Stars

Make you believe this is more than lust tonight

"We spend a little under two days apart and you're off gallivanting with Harry Styles?" Eleanor squealed.

Once again, I had made the mistake of taking Eleanor out for Starbucks before telling her what was going on in my life. The past few days I had spent mainly with Harry, going out and going to the hospital, so I hadn't had time to tell Eleanor what was going on. I had completely forgotten the fact that her melodic voice tends to squeal when she gets excited, so being in public was a bad idea.

"El, keep your voice down. No need to be so loud," I tried to silence her. Apparently having a British accent and squealing causes people to look at you.

She shook her head, "I can't be quiet! I'm just so excited for you! Niall's a total arse, so I'm glad someone is being nice to you. I saw the picture of you two on Instagram and Louis and I both awwed so loudly! You two are so perfect for each other! I just want to take you two, shove your faces together, and shout 'Now kiss!'"

I blushed, "Too late for that one."

Her eyes widened in pure shock, "You two SNOGGED already?"

I set my drink down on the table and threw my hand over her mouth, trying to get her to shut up, "Yes and the whole wide world doesn't need to know that. Besides Harry and I, you're the only one who knows. It was a heat of the moment thing, I was pissed at Niall, and it just kind of happened."

"So you regret snogging him?" Eleanor asked me once I had taken my hand off of her mouth.

I sat there for a few minutes, thinking about it. To be quite frank, I didn't know if I regretted it or not. I hadn't thought of it very much,"No... Well, yes.. Kind of? I don't know! I don't want to lead him on thinking that I'm willing to commit to something more than a friendship. I just... I don't know!"

"Do you want to know what I think?" Eleanor asked after I finished rambling.

"What?"

"I think you should get to know Harry a little bit better and spend a lot more time around him. Caroline is back on tour with us for who knows how long, so you won't see much of Niall. You deserve someone who will treat you right, and if that's Harry, then let him," Eleanor smiled at me sympathetically.

I sighed, "Why do you always know what to say and do?"

Eleanor grinned, "Because I'm practically God."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure that's the exact reason why, El."

She shrugged, "Maybe not because I'm practically God"

---

"Callista, you aren't allowed to play the drums tonight," Harry sighed, turning my wheel chair and pushing me the opposite way. After asking for the ten thousandth time, Harry had shot down my plea to person once again.

"Harry, please let me play. Pretty, pretty, pretty please with a cherry on top," I whined.

It was the first of two shows in New York tonight, and the first of four shows I wasn't going to get to play for the next week. I didn't see why I couldn't play. Yes, there was the fact that I'd have to step on the kick drum pedal every once and a while, but I could do that with my left foot. Harry was refusing to let me play.

"Love, I'm not letting you play tonight. We have recordings of Josh's demos for each of the songs that we can use. Just sit back and watch the show tonight," Harry replied, not backing down and letting me play.

I continued to pout, "I'm never talking to you again, Harry Styles."

"Come on, you know you will," Harry laughed as he pushed my wheel chair down the hallway.

I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head. Harry began to make comments in attempt to get me to talk, but I held my ground and continued to ignore him. After a few minutes of pushing me up and down the hallway and random comments, Harry pushed me into his dressing room and shut the door.

"Talk to me or else," Harry stated simply, standing in front of me with his arms also crossed over his chest. I shook my head no and he sighed, "I'm sorry that you can't play tonight but please just talk to me. Everyone is doing fun stuff right now and you're the only person I have to talk to."

I sighed, "Fine, Styles."

He grinned triumphantly, "YES!"

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but Harry got me out of the wheelchair and sat in it, pulling me onto his lap. Once we were both comfortably situated in the wheelchair, he was getting to work and rolling us out of the door. Pretty soon we were speeding up and down the hallway, laughing like maniacs.

We spent almost a half an hour rolling around the backstage of the venue in my wheelchair. Each time we would pass a crew member, we'd shout hello and they'd give us an odd look. Every once and a while we'd stop one of them and have them take our picture on my phone.

"I am so jealous that you get to ride around and won't have to walk for 9 weeks," Harry stated as we made our way back to the dressing room.

"Whenever you don't feel like walking, just hop onto my lap and we can roll around wherever we are in style," I laughed.

Unfortunately for me, Niall and Caroline were cuddling on the couch in the dressing room. They didn't pay any attention to our entrance, continuing to whisper back and forth to each other. Harry whispered in my ear to play along and I nodded my head, not entirely sure what was going to happen.

"Thanks for going out with me today, Lista. I'm really happy to finally call you my girlfriend," Harry cooed as he helped me stand up so he could get out of the wheel chair.

I tried my hardest not to burst out laughing as Caroline and Niall pulled away from each other. Caroline smiled widely and jumped off of Niall's lap, running over to hug me.

"You two are dating? AW! My baby girl finally got a boyfriend!" Caroline grinned as she bent down to hug me in the wheel chair, "And what the hell happened to your foot?"

I kept my cool and didn't glare at her, but offered her an extremely fake smile, "I tripped and fell. Broke it. And yep, my little Hare-Bear and I are dating."

Niall coughed loudly, "Hare-Bear and Lista? I thought I was the only one that could call her Lista?"

Harry smirked innocently, "Oh, I'm sorry. I started to call her that and she was fine with it, so it just stuck."

Niall shrugged, "Whatever, you can call her whatever you want. Come on Caroline, let's go get some lunch."

Caroline shrugged and followed Niall out of the dressing room like a lost puppy. Once the door shut behind them, Harry and I began to laugh uncontrollably. If the wheelchair wasn't restricting my movements, I'd most likely be on the floor, clutching my stomach in pain.

"Is it your goal in life to piss the two of them off?" I asked after we had calmed down and stopped laughing.

Harry shrugged. He walked over to me and picked me up from the wheel chair and sat me down on the couch, "Possibly. The look on Niall's face when I called you Lista and you called me Hare-Bear was priceless."

I laughed, "Oh gosh, I'm going to hell. Harry, you do realize we have to keep this act up now? They're convinced we're dating."

Harry smirked, "Who said it had to be an act? I know we've only been talking a lot the past couple of days, but I really do enjoy spending time with you. We don't have to commit to anything just yet, but it'd be nice to know that you're mine and I'm yours."

I rolled my eyes at him. I tried to keep my cool on the outside, but on the inside I was mentally freaking out. Harry was basically asking me to be his girlfriend. This was too soon for my unstable heart to accept.

"Harry, don't you think we're moving kind of fast?" I asked, trying not to upset him. His face instantly fell and it made my heart drop.

"Yeah, uhm... I guess you're right. Sorry if that was too forward and uh, yeah. Well, yeah we are moving kind of fast," He sighed, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

I moved over closer to him and wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly. I didn't want to upset him. To try and ease the tension, I kissed his cheek, letting my lips linger against his skin for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean to make you upset. It's just that I've never had a boyfriend... Ever... And I'm still hung up on Niall. I like you a lot, more than I should for only really knowing you for a few days. Ask me that again in a few weeks, okay?" I smiled at him.

Harry nodded, "Yeah, alright. I should probably get going to sound check. I'll come see you later, okay?"

"Come back once it's done! Okay?" I asked. I tried to seem more enthusiastic so he wasn't as upset.

Harry nodded, responding with a quick, "Sure," before walking out of the dressing room. I sighed. I was a heartless bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everyone's favorite person, Caroline, is back!

I've grown too attached to Harry the past few chapters, so I'm going to start a Harry story so this can return to a Niall story. If you want to check it out, it's called Absolutely and I literally just posted it.

Thanks so much for over 150 subscribers, and over 200 comments! You guys rock!

Chapter Title Credit: More Than Lust- Paradise Fears

Until next time, Sydney