Sequel: Forever and Always
Status: Finished

Counting the Stars

You go talk to your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me

"Are you seriously going to try walking in that?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, Callista. Are you sure that you're ready to walk again?" Niall immediately asked once Harry was finished with his sentence.

We were sitting in our hotel in Minnesota and never getting to walk was driving me absolutely insane. Now that Niall felt like we were buddy buddy again, both him and Harry had been on my case for the past three days about not walking with my cast on or doing too much of anything, really. Anytime I needed something, one of them would rush up and try to grab it. The tension between the two of them was one you could cut with a knife. Personally, I wanted it to stop.

"Yes, I'm going to get up and try to walk because being immobile sucks ass," I sighed, pushing myself out of my wheelchair.

At first it was difficult to stand having not been on my two feet in almost two weeks. As soon as I was on both feet, I was falling face first into Niall's lap. He pulled me up, smiling like a fool.

"I don't think you're really ready to walk," Niall laughed, setting me back in my wheelchair.

"This sucks," I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest like a two year old.

It was only 9 in the morning, leaving the rest of the day open to do whatever we wanted to do. Most of the day I was planning to spend with Eleanor, seeing as she was flying back to England to continue on with her school courses later tonight. I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do without El being around all of the time. She was the one that I always went to talk to and after today she wasn't going to be here anymore. Danielle was rejoining the tour again for a few days in the end of June, so she'd be there, but we were never as close as Eleanor and I were.

"Well boys, someone needs to roll me over to Louis' and El's room so I can have my girls day with El," I stated, looking between the both of them.

Harry jumped up immediately and began pushing me out of the room. Niall's face fell as soon as Harry got to me first, making him look like someone had just punched his kitten or something. I waved at him quickly before Harry had rolled me completely out the door. Since having the small conversation with Niall a few days back, both him and Harry had been around me for so long that I hadn't been able to talk to Harry by himself.

"You guys are friends again?" Harry asked once the door to my room was shut.

I shrugged, "I wouldn't really consider him a friend just yet... But he likes to think he is."

We didn't talk anymore since we were already at Eleanor's room to get her. Harry knocked on the door for me so I didn't have to move forward. Eleanor almost immediately opened the door, practically throwing herself on my lap to hug me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and began yelling all about how much she missed me even though it had only been less than a day since we last saw each other.

"Are you ready for the best girls day ever?" She asked, excitement dripping from each word she spoke. Her smile was so wide and she just seemed so happy.

I laughed, "Yes, yes I am. I don't think I'm as ready as you are, though."

She smirked evilly, "Oh, we have so much to talk about."

---

"Tell me everything... Now. Since when did you start talking to Niall again? Are you and Harry an item? I need to know these things! Let me into your life, Callista!" Eleanor practically shouted once we were in the back of an SUV.

"Slow down there Ghostrider, you're moving a little fast there... What do you want to know first?"

She sighed, "When did you and Niall start to talk again?"

I shrugged, "Three days ago. Him and Caroline got into some huge fight and she broke up with him so he came flocking back to me. Now him and Harry are on my case about my foot 24/7 and they're hard to get away from."

"Any other girl in the world would absolutely ecstatic to have Niall Horan and Harry Styles fighting over her, but you seem to hate it," Eleanor laughed.

The rest of the car ride to the Mall of America where we were spending our day was spent talking about what was going on in my world. It got to the point where it was really awkward and I didn't know what to talk about anymore. We finally arrived and the driver, who was quiet the entire ride, parked the car and got my wheelchair for me. Within the next few minutes, Eleanor was pushing my wheelchair through the parking lot towards the mall.

"Girls day always starts with Starbucks and then we spend the day shopping," I stated as she began to push me through the mall.

As predicted, we found a Starbucks within 10 minutes and had our drinks in 17. I found that shopping with a broken foot was insanely difficult, so Eleanor did most of the shopping throughout the day. Our girls day was cut short when Louis came to find us, wanting to spend Eleanor's last few hours with her. It hadn't even crossed my mind that those two should have been spending time together.

Louis and Eleanor were possibly the cutest couple to have ever walked across the planet. Everything they did was so perfect and should be documented and put in a book or movie. For the rest of the day, Eleanor and Louis continued to be cute and I rolled myself around the Mall of America. My arms were getting quite the workout from all of the spinning of the wheels that I had to do.

We left the mall at around 5 so we could get Eleanor to the airport by 7. The driver came and picked us up, both of El's bags already in the back of the car. The drive to the airport was very quiet, the days mood starting very happy and positive, to becoming very sad as Eleanor's departure was nearing. Upon arriving at the airport, the three of us weren't all smiles and giggles anymore.

After Eleanor checked in and checked her bags in, she walked over to us to say our goodbyes. I figured that her and Louis would want a little more time before she had to leave and go through security, so I went up and said my goodbye's first.

"You have fun and do well in school, you hear me?" I commanded, offering her a sad smile.

Like earlier today, Eleanor threw herself into my wheelchair and hugged me tightly, "Yes mother," She mumbled, "I'm going to miss you so much, Callista. I don't even think you understand."

I pulled away from her tight hug, making sure she could see me rolling my eyes at her, "Trust me, I'm going to understand. I'm officially embarking on this tour as the only girl beside's Lou. What am I supposed to do?"

"Figure things out with Harry and Niall. Go with your heart. I don't care if Niall feels right in your mind, if your heart says Harry, go with him. Or switch that around and go for Niall instead of Harry. As soon as you figure out what you're doing, you need to text me. You can sit here and pretend that you're the happiest girl in the world, but I can see that having the two of them bicker over you is making you upset. I love you, Callista, so don't do anything dumb," She whispered into my ear as she hugged me one last time.

We exchanged a few more words, being interrupted by Louis who politely informed me that, "He'd like to say goodbye to his girlfriend, too."

I left the two of them alone to have their heartfelt goodbye. Once they were done, Eleanor left the both of us after one more goodbye each and got in the line for security check. We stayed until she was completely through, waving at us before walking out of sight. Louis looked like El had died, not that she had gotten on an airplane to go back home. I patted his back comfortingly, telling him that it was all going to be okay.

I knew that it was going to be okay for Eleanor and Louis. No matter how far apart they were or how often they talked, they would always be the same couple. Louis would always have someone to go home to.

The entire drive home I thought about what Eleanor had said before she left for England. Go with your heart. Easy for her to say. Because truth be told, I knew what my heart wanted. But to contradict what she said, what my heart wanted was not what my mind was telling me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, sucky, filler chapter to get you by.

For the next week or so, most of my time will be dedicated to theatre. I have an audition on Monday that I am determined to do perfect at, so I've been working on my monologues every second of the day. I'm also working on my British accent.

So, there will only be like 3, maybe four updates within the next week or so. I'm terribly sorry!

Chapter title credit: We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together- Taylor Swift (Gosh, this song is perf)

Until next time, Sydney