Sequel: Forever and Always
Status: Finished

Counting the Stars

The end

"Are you sure you have everything?" My mom asked as she counted each of my bags that I had sitting on the floor around me.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes mom. Everything that I need for the next week and a half are packed in these bags. We shipped everything else out to Niall's hour yesterday, so it will take a while to get over to London."

"Now, you be safe, okay? I don't want anything to happen to my little girl while she's off living across the country with her superstar boyfriend, alright? Make sure you're following all of the laws and that Niall treats you right," My mom cooed, pulling me into a hug, "I'll see you soon, okay?"

Even though I was trying as hard as I possibly could not to cry, a few tears fell down my cheek, "I'll be perfectly okay, mom. Nothing's going to happen to me when I'm gone. I'll be sure to call you when I can and email you and maybe even send you letters. This isn't a goodbye, it's just a see you later. I'll be back with the guys in a few months for an awards show here in LA."

"I love you, baby girl," My mom replied, the few words muffled by her uncontrollable sobs.

"I love you too, mom."

With that goodbye and one last kiss on the cheek, I was off to check in my three bags for my flight to London. It was my first time flying alone, and this time it just so happened I would be flying across the Atlantic Ocean. My plane from LA took me to Texas for a layover, and then New York for another layover, before finally landing in London. Paul was picking me up from Heathrow once my flight landed, apparently the guys had an interview at the time that I landed so Niall wouldn't be there.

In total, I was spending about 11 hours on the actual plane itself, but with the two layovers in Texas and New York, it was going to be about a 17 hour day. I rolled my bags over to the check in desk and had them each checked in and received my boarding pass. LAX was a huge airport that I wasn't very familiar with, having only flown into it once with Niall. Finding my terminal was a bigger challenge that I expected it to be. Security was a pain in the ass, but that was expected to be at any airport.

Once I had found my terminal and the section that my plane left from, I found an empty seat next to an outlet in the wall. My mom made sure I had arrived almost two hours before my plane actually took off, so I had some time to kill and my phone died fast. I opened up my Twitter app and scrolled through the tweets on my timeline, one specific tweet in particular catching my eye.

@NiallOfficial: I know ya arent supposed t rush time, but the next 17 hrs need to speed by!

There were tons of replies to the tweet, all asking Niall what was so special and why he was so excited. Niall being Niall chose one lucky fan to reply to and sent her a response.

@NiallsFavM0f0: @niallofficial what's so special??? big news coming out in 17 hours??!

@NiallOfficial: @NiallsFavM0f0 nope! my lovely girlfriend is flying in t london!

I couldn't not smile at his tweet. We had been dating for three months now, and I still wasn't used to him calling me his girlfriend. My heart would skip a few beats and the butterflies would fly around rapidly. It was a feeling I'd probably never be sick of.

@C4llista: @NiallOfficial Hey, I heard if you go to sleep it helps pass the time! Go to bed and I'll see you soon! :)

I finished up with Twitter and went onto my Facebook that was meant for my close friends and family only. Keeping the account private and away from the eyes of fans was hard, but it was worth it to stay in contact with the people I had been close with while I was on tour and specially now since I was moving across the country. I quickly typed in a new status.

"Los Angeles to Dallas to New York to London. It's going to be a long 17 hours, but I'm so very excited to start my life up in London with some wonderful people. See ya later, America!

After what seemed like the longest wait of my life, they were finally boarding the plane to Dallas. The flight to Dallas was incredibly boring, the layover there was incredibly boring, and then the flight to New York and the layover in New York were both incredibly boring, as well. There seemed to be a trend of sorts going on with plane rides. Before boarding the plane to London, I pulled out my phone and sent Niall a text.

To: Niall
Message: Boarding the NY plane to London right now! Since I know you and your lack of a sleep schedule, my plane will look like a star in the sky. For once counting the stars will be useful. See you soon!


After the final call to board the plane, I hurried down the long runway to the actual plane and found a seat in the back. The stewardesses demonstrated the safety procedures in case we crashed or "in the unlikely case of landing in water" how to activate the floating device under our seat. I didn't pay much attention to what they were saying, having already dealt with this speech twice today.

I slept the first two hours of the flight, the last three or so I was wide awake, despite the time that I was used to back at home. I had caved and purchased the in flight Wifi, which was probably a waste of $10, but I was extremely bored and needed something to do. Naturally, my first instinct was to go back on to Twitter which I had been addicted to as of late. Like earlier today, one tweet in particular caught my eye. It was from the same pseudo blonde that made my heart skip a beat and stomach flutter 100 miles an hour.

@NiallOfficial: Im watching the hours, lookin for reasons find that im missing every beat of your heart til you're back in my arms

At that moment, I finally admitted to myself that I was completely and utterly in love with Niall James Horan. For a while I was trying to mentally deny it, telling myself that it was too soon to be in love and that it was just the new couple phase that I was going through. This just confirmed to me that that wasn't the case, that I was indeed in love with him. It was one of those moments of realization where you feel so stupid for thinking something else, and I did feel incredibly stupid that I didn't know how I felt about him before.

I knew that no matter what happened while in London, in the end it would all be for the better. Whether or not I found a job as a drummer or made a proper living in the performing arts, Niall would always be there for me. If I ended up working a crap job as a waitress, I'd still be in a new place with the man that I loved. I wasn't sure if it was too soon to say, but I saw myself being with Niall for a long time to come.

I smiled to myself as I composed a new tweet.

@C4llista: I'll be waiting up counting the stars
♠ ♠ ♠
Anddddd.... It's over.

I'm not entirely sure what made me end it now and end it like this, but I did. I actually wasn't expecting to end it like this, but I went to type up a regular chapter, and my fingers flew across the keyboard and produced this. I've always been taught to follow your gut instinct, and I guess my gut was telling my it was time to end the story.

I personally felt that it was getting close to the end of the story. It was beginning to lose it's touch. Gone were the days of 15 comments a chapter, I was lucky if I was getting three or four anymore. I know that comments aren't everything when it comes to writing, but they were my personal motivation to keep going.

I think that after Niall found out about Callista, the story lost its touch. Everyone was so drawn to the story because of it's "unique plot line," and after the she wasn't hiding the fact that she was a girl, it became just like any other love story here on Mibba. I don't blame you guys for possibly losing interest, I personally lost interest in my own story as well, which leaves you with this.

So now I want to take the time to thank you, from the bottom of my heart. This was my first fanfiction, and after the overwhelming response from this, I know it won't be my last. I have two new stories in the works, plus, I am only three chapters in on my Harry story, Absolutely.

Approximately 55,000 words, 30 chapters, 56 days, 504 readers, 178 subscribers, and 262 comments later, I close the curtain on Counting the Stars. There may or may not be a sequel... What do you guys think?

It's been a good run, and I thank each and every single one of you.

When I post it later tonight, check out my up and coming Louis Tomlinson story, it will be titled "What You Want Me To."

And for the famous closing...
Until next time, Sydney