Sequel: Forever and Always
Status: Finished

Counting the Stars

I'd cross the whole world for someone like you

We left for tour on a Wednesday. The sky was bright blue and the clouds were fluffy and all over. The weather was ideal for a day at the beach, but instead we were all being loaded onto a large bus that we’d all be calling home for the next four months. The interior of the bus was probably nicer than the interior of the house I lived in. There were 10 bunks on the bus; each had a pillow top mattress that sucked you in when you would lay down on it. The kitchen wasn’t anything too fantastic, but there was a small oven and stove, microwave, and a fridge. There was a section where you could sit down and eat, but that was just as tiny as the kitchen.

The real treasure of the entire bus was the back area. A U-Shaped couch lined the back area and there were two giant flat screen TVs on the wall. According to Harry, one TV was for watching movies and shows; the other one was specifically for playing games. Apparently on the last tour they went on there had been an intense game of Mario Kart going on, and after Louis lost he threw his controller at the TV and it broke. Two TVs was to make sure they would always have one.

Texas was our first stop on the tour, so we had a good two days of driving before we would reach our destination. Most of us spent the majority cooped up in our bunks, catching up on sleep or using the time to go internet crazy on social networking sites. It wasn’t very eventful and that surprised me. The next day turned out to be happening in the exact same fashion.

“Kyleeeeeeeeeeeee. I’m bored! Entertain me!” Niall whined from his bunk underneath mine.

“Do a twitcam or something… I’m too lazy to entertain you,” I complained, scrolling through my Tumblr dashboard.

“BRILLIANT!” Niall shouted. Moments later he was climbing into his bunk next to mine with his laptop in hands, “We’re going to do a Twitcam together! Maybe Harry will join us!”

I rolled my eyes, “There is no way we’re going to fit three grown men into this small bunk, you idiot.”

Ten minutes later Harry, Niall, and I were all awkwardly squished in my bunk, with a laptop sitting in front of us and over 10,000 people watching our every move. Luckily for me, Harry and Niall did most of the talking so I didn’t worry too much about making a fool of myself. Harry was reading messages aloud and Niall would mimic them in an obnoxious attempt at an American accent.

‘<i>Kyle omg you’re so hot have my babies!!!!</i>” Niall read out loud, using his lame accent. Harry and Niall immediately began cracking up, and began making jokes about this.

“Oh, little ickle Kyle has his first fangirl!” Harry laughed, putting his arms across Niall to pinch my cheeks.

“Kyle’s growing up so fast. I’m just so proud of him!” Niall joked, swatting Harry’s hands away so he could pinch my cheeks.

It took every ounce of willpower to not blush at Niall’s touch. At the moment I was a guy, and I knew for a fact guys were not supposed to blush when another guy touched them. But the girl inside of me was screaming and freaking out. I hadn’t been too popular in school, which resulted in never having a boyfriend, so the interaction was something new to me. I quickly shook the thoughts from my head, knowing that if I continued to think like this everything would end up going downhill and it would go down fast.

“Awww, our little Kyle was lost in thought. How deep!” Harry said, shaking me from my thoughts. Niall and him were cracking up, shaking the entire bunk. I don’t know what they said while I was spaced out, but I didn’t want to find out.

The twitcam lasted for another half an hour. It had consisted of Harry and Niall making fun of me most of the time, answering fan questions, and a few awkward responses from yours truly. The tumblr fan base had already created ships for me and the two guys, Karry and Kiall, and they somehow ended up trending both of them on Twitter. By this time it was getting hard to fight the blush that was sure to appear on my cheeks at any time.

“Well, we’re gonna go. We’re pulling up to a gas station and I am in desperate need of food,” Niall bid everyone watching the twitcam adieu.

I practically threw myself over Niall and Harry to get out of the bunk so I could get off the bunk to get food. We had been driving for over 14 hours without food, since Niall was a genius and ate everything that we had stocked up the first day we were on the bus. I can admit that I did help eat some of it, but he had the majority. Our antics earned us a lecture from Liam about food being a necessity, so we couldn’t splurge on it whenever we wanted to.

We all piled off the bus at the rest stop and ran to the tiny restaurant that was connected to the gas station. Louis sat down and complained that we should have waited another 10 minutes because he was in the middle of a Skype call with his girlfriend Eleanor. Liam nodded in agreement, telling us that he had been on the phone with Danielle.

“Well what do you want us to do about?” Harry had asked, clearly amused at how whipped his friends were.

Louis stuck his tongue out at Harry jokingly, “Tell the bus driver to wait 10 minutes? It’s all good, though. Danielle and Eleanor are flying out to join us in a week.”

That comment struck up an entire conversation amongst everyone at the table. Louis began to tell us all about Eleanor and how lovely she was. Liam followed his lead and began to talk about Danielle. In all honesty, the way they were talking about their girlfriends made me feel like shit about myself. They were so cutesy and in love and then there was me, Callista Blake, who currently had hair like Justin Bieber and was pretending to be a guy.

“Kyle, do you have a special lady back at home? We all sit here and talk about our love life’s, but we’ve never heard about yours,” Liam directed the conversation towards me, making me extremely uncomfortable.

I shrugged awkwardly, “Not really. I’ve been on a few dates here and there but nothing too serious.”

“So who was the lucky lady that went on a date with you last?” Niall questioned, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

“Well, there was this girl Caroline. We dated for a little while, but nothing serious. We left things on mutual terms, deciding we’d be better as friends. She’d be a proper fit for you, Niall,” I replied, smirking slightly. I made a mental note to text Caroline and let her know she was now an ex-girlfriend of mine.

Niall laughed cheekily, the laughter echoing throughout the small dining area, “Isn’t there some ‘Bro Code’ that prevents guys from dating ex-girlfriends?”

Everyone at the table laughed at Niall’s comment and I just shrugged once more, “There might be. I don’t follow up with those codes too often. Looks like I need to, though.”

My phone began buzzing in my pockets moments later. The little blue Twitter bird popped up, notifying me that I had a new interaction.

Harry_Styles: Someone needs to buy @TheKyleBlake a book on the bro code. He doesn’t respect it.

I looked up at Harry, and rolled my eyes.

My phone buzzed again. The little blue bird had popped back up to tell me about another interaction I had.

@NiallOfficial: @Harry_Styles @TheKyleBlake I really thought there was a bro code mates!

I typed a quick reply back to them before shutting my phone.

@TheKyleBlake: @NiallOffical @Harry_Styles If you can find me a copy of the bro code that says so, I’ll believe it
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for your feedback, guys! Much appreciated! I think I'm at 40 subscribers, which is pretty mind blowing. My apologies that this chapter was such a joke and was absolutely terrible. The next two or three chapter will be fillers until the story begins to really pick up. I'm excited to get the story rolling.

Feedback is always welcomed. I love to know what you think. I have a friend over, so I'll come back and edit this later.

Chapter Title Credit: Someone Like You- The Summer Set

Until the next time, Sydney

Oh, I'm going to see This Century and Austin Gibbs tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll be updating. Sorry!