Everyone Has Something To Prove.

T I M E T O P A R T Y

Niki frowned at her friend, as he sniffed a line on his desk. Surely to be friends with Reese Grant you had to approve of his drug use and the drug sealing; neither of which Niki appealed and enjoyed. She crossed her arms as she sat cris-crossed on his kind sized bed. She came here to console him, not watch him slowly shorten his life span, "Seriously, Reese."

Reese snorted and wiped his nose with the palm of his hand, he blinked and opened his eyes wide and smiled at the high he was recieving. He flickered a look at her disaproving face, "I'm sorry, Niki. This helps." He leaned back in his chair and sat waiting for the comment she always inputed.

"This is the reason why Chlo-"

"-Chlo breaks up with me, yeah I know." The pain of having his off and on again girl friend break up with him again, appeared resulting in the loss of his high. He poured out another line and went to snort before he was interupted.

"That's enough, Reese!" She scrambled from his bed and grabbed her purse, "I came here to help you understand why your so called love of your life is leaving for the millionth time. We're high schoolers, Reese. Chlo is not going to wait around for you to stop doing drugs, believe me. I've seen the amount of tears she's been crying, soon she'll come to her sense and realize you're not meant for her." Niki walked out of his room leaving Reese staring after her.

Niki was tired of being the middle girl for everyone's problems. Who was there to listen to her problems? Nobody. Niki pulled out her phone and texted Miranda, Reese is hopeless. Is Chlo doing okay?. She walked down the street into her own home and shut the door. She leaned against the door and sighed, she was going to be home alone for the fifth night in a row.

Her parent's were experiencing the night out with different partners, in other words they were getting a divorce. Brea her little sister was out with Surfside baddest bad boy Frankie Hood. Frankie was bad news and Brea anticipated him more than anything.

Niki looked at text Miranda had sent her, Ugh, why can't he just realize he's a dummy. She's doing better. I'll keep you posted. TTYL. Miranda was a skinny, natural tanned, cute girl. She was addicted to her iPhone and never stopped texting, everyone believed and swore she texted in her sleep. Niki wouldn't doubt it, her hand and eyes were glued to that phone.

She walked upstairs to take a shower, she only spent an hour standing there letting the clean, fresh, water wash away her beachy smell. She liked the way it felt to have clean water washing all over her body, she was tired of being constantly sandy. It was someone who was born and raised to absolutely love it and Niki was certaintly not born and raised. She had moved to Surfside, California almost a year ago.

She left her friends Izzie and Brent all alone, she wondered what they were doing now. Her thoughts were interupted by the noise of the front door opening. She panicked and quickly reached for her towel and clothes. Brea hadn't shown up at the house in weeks, and her parent's were definitely out in the city with two different people. Who the hell was coming into her house.

She quickly pulled on a tank top and shorts over her bra and underwear and quickly tried to towel dry her hair. She picked up her blow dryer and carried it down the hall, making sure not to make a sound. She heard voices that she recognized, she peered over the open balcolony that showed her living room.

All the muscles that tensed relaxed as she let out a breath of relief, which quickly brought back into a ticked mood. "God, you are going to kill me one day!" She made her way to the stairs. She was greeted by Reese and Emerson and a stranger at the bottom of the steps, she placed her hand on her forehead, "God! I was so scared."

Emerson laughed and ruffled her wet hair, "Did someone take a shower?" He had always thought Niki was cute, even with no make up on and her hair a hot mess. She was one of those girls that no guy could say was ugly.

She slapped his hand away, "I'm going to kill you guys." She let out another breath and smiled, "So, what can I do for you tw-three." She peered around Emerson and found an overly attractive guy.

Reese motioned towards the green eyed cutie, "Dustin here has been out of town for awhile and we want to throw a party tonight. And who's house is better none other than Niki Robert's house!"

Niki raised an eyebrow, she clicked her tongue, "And why should I throw a party at my house for a welcome back party for your friend Dustin?"

Emerson shrugged and tickled Niki, "Please! We all know your parents aren't coming home tonight. Brea's been with the low life scum bag Frankie."

She pressed her lips, "Who's all going to be invited?" She tapped her foot, it was going to be a hit or miss with this party. Surfside's police were sniffing out most of the parties, and Niki did not need to have a whole bunch of DUI's under her name. She narrowed her eyes at Emerson, "Before you answer, no and I repeat, no Barbie and her dumb clones."

Emerson's face faltered, "Oh come on, Niki." He stared pleaded, "This will be the one night I might be able to bag her."

She gave a disgusted face, "Are you kidding me? You think I'm going to let that, that, bitch step foot in my house? After all the shit she said to me? You're out of your mind." She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes again, "Bag her? And where exactly would you bag her?"

Emerson gave a pleading weak smile, "Oh, hey can I borrow your room?"

Her mouth opened wide as her hand came up to smack the kid, "I would rather someone cut of my legs and drag me in front of a high speeding train before I ever let you have sex on my bed! Especially with Barbie."

Dustin hadn't said a word this whole conversation before chiming in, "Yeah, bro. That's not cool, how would you like it if Reese slept with Chlo in your bed?"

Emerson gritted his teeth and stared at Reese, "That ship had already sailed, buddy."

Dustin's nose wrinkled, "Ew, dude. Never sitting on your bed again."

Niki whined, "Hey, Chlo is clean! Don't say that."

Dustin nodded, "Oh I know, it's Reese I'm worried about."

Niki smiled, Dustin was cute and he definitely seemed different from all the guys she normally hung out with. She looked at Emerson, "Okay, deal. Here's the rules, got it?" She waited for him to nod, "No Barbie and her clones, I mean it. No people I don't know with the expection of Dustin, and last but not least." She flickered a glance at Reese,"NO drugs. I don't care about alcohol, but none of that shit you sell on the boardwalk."

She walked towards her door and held it open for them to leave, "Since I live on the boardwalk and all our neighbors use these houses for vacation, we should be good. I'm serious guys, only our crew."

Reese smiled and hugged his friend, "Okay, got it." His smile started going down, "Wait, Chlo's going to come, what am I going to do?"

She pushed him out, "That's your dilemma, I tried helping you an hour ago. Bye." She halfway closed the door before cooing, "Nice meeting you Dustin, see you later."

"Wait what time, Niki!"

"Eight!" She slammed the door and headed up the stairs, she needed to soak. It looked like a good chance for Stress and she needed to have a bubble bath.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been pondering whether or not to post this.
Feedback?