Everyone Has Something To Prove.

FIGHT

The party had been going on for an hour and Niki was hiding away in her bedroom, she was trying to be good and not get drunk tonight. She did however have a glass of spiked lemonade sitting on her nightstand, she occasionally sipped it during her read.

She heard a knock on the door and announced whoever was outside could come in, she was suprised to find Dustin. "Dustin?" She closed her book and placed in on the night stand.

He looked flustered, "Hi. I need somewhere to hide."

She cocked her head and grinned, "Why? It's your party. Shouldn't you be having fun?" She admired his taste in clothing, a nice white vneck with board shorts. Classic surfer look in Surfside.

He shook his head no, "Not really. It's more of Emerson and Reese's, they're the party animals. I'm just a lay low sip here and there kind of guy."

Niki nodded and motioned over to her lemonade, "Same, I went crazy with those wild cats when I first moved here. But, I mellowed out." She looked around her room, pictures of her old friends still remained in the picture frames as well as her newly aquired friends since her move were there too.

Dustin shyly looked at Niki, she was pretty to him. She had that smile that was almost a flirty smirk mixed with an awkward half smile. He liked it, she seemed a lot different from the other girls that were going crazy downstairs, "So is Niki short for Nicole or Nicoletta?"

She wrinkled her nose, not that she minded those two names. It just wasn't her taste, "Nope, just plain ole Niki. My mother and father couldn't agree on the whole Nicole or Nicola but they did agree on Niki." She muttered, "Only thing they could agree on."

Dustin felt awkward, he wasn't sure how to exactly respond, he had never experienced what it felt like to have your parents fight or disagree, his parents always supported each other and himself. "I'm sorry."

Niki's expression changed to embarassed, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to make you umcomfortable." She bit her lip and smiled, "I always make things awkward." She kicked herself mentally, she was being nervous for nothing. Sure a cute guy was standing her bed room, but she talked to cute guys practically every day. "So where were you this whole time? I just moved here almost a year ago and I've never seen or heard of you."

He shrugged, "I surf, and I got sponsored by a local surf and skate shop. I had to go to meetings, get photoshots done, meet with higher up sponsors, surf for contests, etc." It was kind of harsh to know no one mentioned him.

Her eye's widened, "Ohmygosh. I have heard of you, your um um Dustin Callaghan!" She nodded, she had heard of him. The local skate shope SurfNSkate' em, had his name painted on the inside of they're wall, "I didn't put two and two together. Gosh, Emerson practically brags how he knows you and stuff."

"Typical Emerson," He chuckled, "always bragging."

She was about to respond but was interupted by Miranda barging through the door, by the way she stomped in the room, she was angry. Niki placed her hands on her, "Manda, what's wrong?"

Miranda swatted her hands away and place her own on her head and proceeded to pace, "I swear, that bitch says one word to any of us, shit's about to pop off."

"Bitch? Who?" Niki's eyebrows burrowed, who in the hell was Miranda talking about.

Miranda gave a sarcastic laugh, "Who else? Barbie. Miss. Fucking Perfect!" She placed her hands in between her legs and bent over, she gave another sarcastic laugh, "Fuck it. I'm walking up to her and punching her dead in her face. Let's see who still looks perfect after me."

Niki's anger boiled inside, "What the hell? Are you telling me, Barbie is in my house?" She was going to murder Emerson, he knew how she felt about the bitch.

Miranda jumped up and down and started getting pumped up, "I'm going to do it. Watch me!" She jumped faster and waved to Dustin, "Hey Dustin."

Niki put her hands down and pinned Miranda to the wall, "Wait, let me see if I can get her out." She stormed downstairs and found Emerson and Barbie making out on her mother's leather loveseat. She pulled Barbie off by her hair and pulled Emerson up by his shirt with her other hand, "You are fucking dead, Emerson. I'll deal with you later." She pushed him away and started dragging Barbie out her house.

At this point everyone had stopped the music and watched the innocent Niki Roberts drag the most hated girl out her house, once they were outside Niki went off into rage, "How dare you step into my house you ugly bitch!"

"Out you go, you stupid bitches." Miranda pushed out the twins and dusted off her hands, she stood next to Niki. She was prepared for something to go off and she was going to be involved.

Barbie fixed her fake plantium blonde hair and giggled, "Who's an ugly bitch? Not me, baby, I'm sexy," She puckered her lips and blew a kiss to Niki.

Niki's nose flared as she spat the next few words, "Oh really? Explain to me why only one guy in this whole town wants you?"

She rolled her eyes and pointed to the guys standing at the doorway, "Because all of them already had me." She giggled again and made her way up to Niki's face, "If you really want to go, bitch. Then bring it."

Niki gave her an open smile, "I'm sorry, I don't want to fight someone who doesn't have a chance."

Barbie made a squealing noise, "Bitch, please. It's the other way around, and likewise boo." She twirled her hair and walked towards her cousins, "And besides, I'd fuck both of you up. I'm not made of just good looks."

Miranda laughed, "Right. Turn your words into actions, bitch. Let's go, right now." She started taking out her earrings and handed them to Niki, she took off her sandals and put her hair up, "Come on, bitch."

Barbie stood there, "You're pathetic." She shrugged her shoulders and walked up to Miranda, "You wouldn't touch me."

Miranda squinted her eyes as her lips formed a smirk, "Watch me." In seconds, Miranda's fist hit Barbie dead square in the face. Before anyone else could make another move, Reese and Emerson grabbed Miranda and the clones grabbed Barbie.

"Ow, you stupid whore! I think my nose is broken!" Barbie held her nose, "Get off of me, you brats." She looked to see if there was blood and sure enough blood was pouring out. "Get me a napkin!"

Emerson took of his shirt and handed it to Barbie, "Are you okay?"

Miranda's jaw dropped, "You're fuck-ing kidding me." She walked towards Emerson, "You're going to talk to this bitch after one of your friends just got bashed out and must I remind you the person that allowed you to have this party was the friend that got bashed. What the hell is your problem."

Barbie shoved the shirt to her nose, "If my nose wasn't bleeding, I'd punch you."

"Oh wah, if my nose was bleeding, i'd still be punching your bitch ass." She turned around and pushed Niki and the others in, "Fuck you Emerson, have a wonderful rest of your night. Thanks for the booze, bye!" She pulled out her phone and started angrily tweeting about the night.

Niki shook her head and looked at Reese, "Why didn't you stop him."

Reese put his hands up, "I didn't see her till you dragged her out. I kept my eye on the door this whole time. I knew he'd try to bring her in the house."

Niki closed her eyes and bit her lip, "I'm sorry, everyone out. Chances are she'll snitch and the cops will be arriving." She watched everyone pile out, she stopped Dustin, "I'm sorry about this all, hopefully we can talk again without me getting all rude."

Dustin smiled and nodded, "I'm sure I'll see ya around, I'm staying for a while." He closed the door behind him.

Niki turned around to find Kodi, "You don't have to help me."

Kodi shook her head, "What are best friends for?" She laughed, "To help clean up a mess that was caused by a dickwad."

Niki narrowed her eyes, "A dickwad you have a major crush on." She started picking up empty red cups, "What do you see in him anyway?"

Kodi shrugged, "I don't know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to those who commented. :)
Don't be a silent reader!