Status: Sorry about any mistakes. Give comments and feedback. thanks

Almost Human

Hide and Seek

The front door opened. I was greeted by the sweet smell of Matt's cooking, and a young, unfamiliar girl.

"Umm... Hi!" I greeted awkwardly. The girl had green eyes, long blonde hair and was slightly taller than me. She looked like the type of girl who was on the cheer squad, but wasn't bitchy. She looked familiar....

The girl seemed to have recognized me because immediately she said, "Hi! You must be Jayden, I'm Tracy Evans. Jimmy's girlfriend. Ooooh.... I didn't know Jimmy had a girlfriend. I smiled at her as she let me in, and led me to the backyard.

His backyard was big, and had a swimming pool the size of 9 king-sized beds. (That might be a bit of an exaggeration..).
I greeted everyone, and went to sit by the pool with Brian, Tracy and Jimmy.

Matt and Val were cooking, Zacky and Gena were chatting under the tree, and Johnny and Lacey were in the living room doing God-knows-what! Yuck...

I joined into their conversation about the possible existence of vampires. Brian and Tracy didn't believe in them, but Jimmy and I thought it was possible. I mean, COME ON! Like in those movies where the protagonist finds out that these supernatural creatures exist, it's like that. You may never find it, but one day maybe - POOF! You make friends with a vampire!

We rested our debate and sat at the outdoor tables and benches to eat the patties and sausages. I sat in between Brian and Jimmy.

The food was extremely delicious! Matt's a super awesome cook. My thoughts wandered over to my stupid parents. I frowned at my fries. Brian seemed to notice my sudden change of mood and asked me, "What's up?"

His voice sounded truly concerned and worried. I shrugged and changed the topic, no longer wanting to think about them.

"So, anything interesting happened while I was away?". Brian cracked a grin and started to tell me stories about tour, their music videos, them recording at the studio and a lot more. Soon, everyone had joined the conversation. It was fun, I haven't felt fun in a long time.

-------A WHILE LATER----------

Matt and Val were being all lovey-dovey, Jimmy, Tracy, Johnny and Lacey were on wash up duty, Zacky and Gena went back home, leaving Brian and I to chit-chat.

"Let's play a game!" I declared. He smiled and agreed. "Let's play hide and seek!" Brian suggested. I nodded in agreement. Matt's house was pretty big! There were loads of places to hide.

"Dibs on hiding!" we said at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed. While his guard was down, I reached out to him and poked his arm, "You're it! You seek!". Once I said that, I took off running into the house leaving him dumbstruck. "30 seconds!" I heard him shout.

Let's see... I ran upstairs and checked all the rooms for a good hiding spot. Bathroom.. No.. Guest Bedroom? nah... Bedroom? Not much places to hide, except for the bottom of the closet.

"Ready or not! Here I come!!" Brian's voice boomed from downstairs. Damn it. I'll take my chances in the closet.

I pushed coats out of my face and climbed in. I closed the door and left a tiny gap as a peeking hole.

I heard Brian enter the room, I held my breath and peeked out. He was in a planking position looking under the bed. Darn. He would definitely checked the closet. I had to run for it.

I took a deep silent breath, ripped open the door, and ran for my life. I screamed my battle cry on the way out and ran downstairs. Brian was hot on my tails but he slipped and tumbled to the ground. I took this oppurtunity and ran to the backyard and climbed up the tree. I slipped and fell and felt a sharp pain on my wrist but ignore it and climbed up again.

As I reached the top of the tree, I peeked through the leaves and saw Brian looking ariund the backyard, trying to find me.

"JAY!! Come out, come out wherever you are!" He shouted. I giggled and my foot slipped causing the tree to shake, revealing my hiding spot. He smirked and walked over to the tree. He looked up and said "Found ya!"

He grinned as I jumped of the tree and started to grumble. I glared at him. I was usually the King of hide and seek.
He laughed at me and rubbed his arm where he had fallen earlier.

I took his hand and examined his injury. There was a cut on his forehead and a bruise on his arm. "Sorry." I apologized as I realized he got this cut because he was running after 'ME'.

Suddenly, I had a flashback to my parents. I remembered my mum saying,

"You want to know why we hate you? It's because everything bad that had happen is because of YOU!"

I shook of the memory and took Brian to the living room and got a first aid kit. The cut on his forehead was not really deep and was about and inch long. It ran from his temple to his hair. I cleaned the wound and plastered it. "There's not much I can do for the bruise though.." I frowned at his bruise, but he smiled.

"Stop worrying about me too much and worry about yourself! Look at your wrist!" He was right.. I had forgot about the cut on my wrist when I climbed the tree. He patched me up, and did something unexpected.

He kissed my injured wrist. My face turned into a tomato, but quickly recovered. I smirked and kissed his injured forehead lightly. We smiled at each other for the next 5 minutes.

Then I decided it was time to go. I stood up, said goodbyes, and left. During the drive home, Brian was all I could think about.

What had just happened! No.. It was just a friendly gesture. No more, no less. My wrist still tingled, and a I smiled to myself, reliving the memory and the feel of his lips on my wrist.

I shook my head. I am NOT, falling for Brian. I am NOT falling for Brian. I am SO NOT falling for Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
How was it??? A big, big, big THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT TO HushHushAntonia, for her comment and support, AshlynnTheRevLover and MrsChristX for their comment, support and they recommended my story!! Thanks a bunch you guys!

BAD NEWS! I won't be updating too often... I've got exams soon and have to study :( (You know us asians)
Thanks to all those who read it and liked it!