Status: This will be a pretty short story.

We'll Be Alright

Be Young; Have Fun

That’s right folks, you heard right! The Youth fest is back! Tickets will be on sale when the doors open Friday at six. It’s first come first serve and you don’t wanna miss this!”

Candice Moore let out an excited shriek and accidently slammed on the brakes of her father’s four dour Honda.

“Jesus Christ! Pay attention to the road!” Her father, Roger Moore, screamed at his teenaged daughter and rubbed his chest where the seatbelt jolted against him.

“Sorry Daddy,” Candice muttered slowly, pulling back into traffic. A few moments ago, the most exciting thing in Candice’s life was learning how to drive from her father. Now the up coming Youth fest was dangling in her sights and she wasn’t going to quit until she made it there.

The Youth Fest was a two day extravaganza for teens. It showed up randomly in cites and promised great food, entertainment, and fun. The last time Youth Fest showed up in her city, Candice was twelve and although she begged her parents to let her attend, they refused. Now at sixteen, Candice figured it was destiny for her to go.
Candice tapped her foot impatiently on the gas. She wanted to get home as quickly as possible. She had to figure out the perfect plan to get her parents’ to relent on their strict rules. Her dad would probably be a push over, but her mother….

“So, you want me to give you premise to go to a wild teenage party?” Jada Moore sipped her coffee drink as she walked into the living room.

“Mom, it’s the farthest thing from a wild teenage party! It’ll be a very calm collected teenaged party.” Candice whined following her mother.

Jada smirked, “Very funny Candice, but I don’t think so.”

“Mother! This is a teenage passage! I think I’ve proven myself more than responsible enough. Besides, who knows when this is gonna show up again.”
“I don’t know… people are crazy. You never know what could happen…”

“Mom! Crazy stuff happens all the time. Am I supposed to stay in the house all day and rot?”

“No, but why would you willingly go into a dangerous situation?”

Candice sighed. She knew her mother was going to be a difficult pull, but this was getting ridiculous.

“I promise I’ll be careful. Plus, I’ll be with Falin.”

“Falin’s mother agreed to this?” Mrs. Moore gave her only daughter a skeptical look.

“Not yet… but only because I don’t know if I can go yet,” Candice dramatically threw her down by her mother’s feet, “Please mom, I’m begging you.”

Mrs. Moore chuckled as she looked at her melodramatic child, “Fine, but I want you in this house by 12:30 a.m.”

Candice jumped up ready to protest, “But Mom, this is a twenty four hour event…”

“12:30 a.m. or you can stay home.”

“I can’t believe your mom agreed to this, “Falin Stewart laughed into the phone.

Candice shifted the phone to her right shoulder as she attempted to maneuver both speaking to her friend, and painting her toes in bright neon orange, or as the polish read Tangerine Dream.

“Me either, I had to do some serious begging and my Mom is making me put up half the ticket money, but it is sooo worth it!”

“ I can’t believe I’m getting suckered into going with you. You know how I hate large crowds of people.”

Candice lifted her foot of the bed, proudly admiring her toes, “I know, but it’s gonna be the best two nights of our young lives.”

“So what are you wearing?”

“I have no idea, but it has to be amazing. Do you know how many bands are gonna be there? I can find my new husband.”

Falin laughed and rolled her eyes at her over exuberant friend, “You’re such a groupie.”

“Well you have to start somewhere.”

“Okay, just remember my name before you’re all over the tabloids, spreading eagle so people will remember your name.”

“Ewww, I’m hanging up on you. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Okay, later.”

Candice ended the call and quickly jumped up onto her bed, momentarily forgetting about her drying toes. Friday night was going to be epic, in every sense of the word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll come back and add the dividers later, but I'm super tired right now. Chapter Two is a complete different feel so enjoy the happy stuff.