Status: Complete

The Dreaming Smile Above the Skin

All Ten Digits

Two weeks go by until I find my way back to Brendon's house. This time, I am willing to embrace his touch.
For dinner he does make a big meal and I know for a fact, he's concerned about my weight. I don't blame him.
By the time we make it to bed, he softly kisses my lips. I run my fingers through his hair as his tongue slips into my mouth. He helps removing my shirt after he's already thrown off his own. His lips crash to my neck as my hands trail around his exposed chest and back. He kisses my collarbone and my jeans get a little tighter. He takes me by surprise, running his tongue slowly over my collarbone... like he was tasting me. I push out a moan. He attacks my lips again, but somehow I get distracted by more rough skin under his shoulder blades. I shouldn't build up concern over something that can't hurt him, but by the time his hands slide down my chest, I notice his fingers look swollen.
"Brendon, Bren, s-stop."
"What is it, Ry?"
"Your fingers..." I say a bit quiet.
He lays next to me as he looks at his fingers. There was surely something wrong.
"It must be a side affect from a pill or something." He says.
"You should go to the doctor's." I get out.
He looks at me like he's sick of going or something.
"Yeah. Tomorrow." And he gives me a reassuring smile. But I'm not going to let him get away with a problem like this. If I'm not mistaken, it's all ten of his fingers slightly puffy and red. He needs help... fast.
"Right now, Bren."
His smile falls as he takes a deep breath.
He kisses my head before saying, "Okay."
I then snap back to our situation because my jeans are tight and so are his.
"If you're that concerned, Ry, we can just let it die down."
"Good idea." I reply as he kisses my cheek and then proceeds to find his shirt.
I get out of bed after him and got on my shirt.
We then head off to the hospital.
As soon as we get there, the lady at the front desk asks for a name.
"Brendon Urie." Brendon says.
The lady then brightens her mood, "Oh yes I remember you. You get the daily, well, used to get the daily check ups with Doctor Walker, correct?"
"Yep, that's me."
"Nice seeing you again."
"You too."
"He'll be with you shortly." She finishes saying as we take a seat in the waiting area.
Surrounded by the sick and wounded. The time I was 8 and it was one of those nights. The night I got my first stitches. I bury my face in my hands, praying for that memory to go away.
I can feel Brendon rub my shoulders and all bad things just melt away by his touch.
"Brendon Urie, Mr. Walker would like to see you now."
Brendon helps me up, "You okay, Ry?"
"Yeah, fine."
He gives my back a small rub before we go into Mr. Walker's office.
"Ah Brendon, haven't seen you in a while." Mr. Walker greets Brendon by giving him a small hug. Man, he must have came here quite a bit.
"So what's the problem?"
Not even a second goes by as he flashes Mr. Walker his hands.
He takes one of Brendon's hands, "Swelling is it?"
"Yeah, my bo-uh, partner wanted me to come in about it."
"And that's him, correct?" And he was referring to me. My face grows hot.
"Uh... yeah." Brendon says shyly.
"It's okay, I don't judge. Funny how you took so long to tell me anything. But I understand that it's a bit more into your personal life. My cousin is gay. He brings his boyfriend down for Christmas every so often."
"That's nice." Brendon says with a relieved smile.
Five minutes go by as Doctor Walker is treating Brendon's hands.
I stand there awkwardly just watching.
"Ah Brendon, you got yourself a looker." And Mr. Walker looks right at me. Well thanks for that. My face turns hot again and at this point I just want to leave.
"I know right." Brendon smiles at me, and yeah, I smile back.
After Mr. Walker gives Brendon a small shot in the hand, he says, "Well you should be good for now."
"Thanks, Butch." Brendon says.
"Anytime, Mr. Urie."
And with that, we start heading home. I offer to drive just because I have no idea what the shot did. Brendon accepts as we head back to his house.
As soon as we get into his room, he sits on the bed and lets out a long yawn.
"Tired?" I ask.
"Only if you are." He says with a smile.
"Yeah. Best to give those hands a rest, right?"
"Probably."
And with that, I crawl onto the bed and bury myself into his side.
♠ ♠ ♠
More memories + more symptoms = quite a bit of worry for Ryan, BUT Mr. Walker got Brendon covered in this one! :) Yes, Butch Walker teehee.
ALSO SCHOOL HAS STARTED BACK UP FOR ME SO DON'T EXPECT THAT FAST OF UPDATES, BUT I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS FAST AS I CAN WHEN I CAN