Status: Complete

The Dreaming Smile Above the Skin

My world. My complete everything.

By the next day, he and I head to the hospital. As we sit in the waiting room, I hold his hand as tight as I possibly can. As if any hardcore Christians become ill and come into this hospital, there's no way in hell that I'm letting go. By the time Brendon's name gets called, we head into Mr. Walker's office.
"Back so soon, Mr. Urie?"
"Missed talking to ya, man!"
They laugh a little back and forth, like close friends.
"Actually doc, I'm here for Ryan's complete trust that I'm okay."
Brendon looks at me with a sad yet hopeful expression. I look away, just because some of the smallest things that play out on his face cause me to blush. I smile. I look back up to see his bright eyes and raised lips.
"Ah, well explain to me what's up." Mr. Walker says.
Brendon looks back to him, "I've been getting more rough marks."
"Let's have a look at them."
Brendon then takes off his shirt as Mr. Walker looks at his back.
"Oh there are just some after affects from when I treated you last. Just one of those things in your condition, Brendon. Can't control much of the outer damage."
Brendon looks at me, "See, Ry, I'm okay."
But I don't believe him...
I look at him with a face saying I'm obviously not satisfied.
He sighs and looks back at Mr. Walker, "Anything else we can do?"
"I could give you another small treatment if you'd like. Have you been having any recent symptoms?
"No, actually." Brendon says with a small nervous laugh.
"Well it will definitely keep any symptoms of your condition away, possibly for good for now. With all the treatments added up over this month, you probably won't have to stop by, even for anything small, in the next year or two."
"Thanks, doc." Brendon says, and he gives me a reassuring smile.
I know, from the doctor's words, that this will work out and I won't have to worry. I won't have to be afraid of watching him die young or suffer without a solution. My love... would be okay. I will be able to kiss him and love him and make him happy and he would be doing the same for me.
I could feel tears about to pop from my eyes. I get up and give Brendon the biggest hug.
After a few minutes I click back to the situation and release from the hug.
I look at Mr. Walker and tell him, "Thank you for taking care of him."
"No problem," He says, "He's very strong."
I smile at both of them and even share a hug with Mr. Walker.
"You can stay if you'd like."
And why would I leave? I sit in a chair at the far end of the room and watch Brendon get treated. He looks at me with a smile and of course I reply with an equally brighter one.
He's my world; my complete everything, and I know now he'll be sticking around for a long time.
By the time he's done, a smile rises on my lips as I make my way over to give him the tightest goddamn hug of my life.
Mr. Walker then says, "Take it easy with him for about two months. He needs to let it all sink in."
"Got it." I say. I look back at Brendon, and I can even see how sure of himself he is now. Smiles both draw wide on our faces.
I can't help but kiss him.
"Alright you two, on your way." Mr. Walker says. I laugh a little and so does Brendon.
"See ya, Butch!" Brendon says.
"Goodbye Mr. Urie and Ryan."
We both wave to him before heading home, well, to Brendon's home. Because we did come from his house in his car. I'm still wearing his clothes.
Somehow it feels so casual: Waking up in Brendon's bed. Borrowing his clothes.
By the time we get to his house, we snuggle up in the 8 o' clock evening just watching T.V..
Somehow I end up falling asleep before he's whispering, "Ry, wake up."
I open my eyes to see his tired looking face.
"Want me to drive you home?" He asks.
His home feels more like a home to me, but I just nod. I'm insane, really. He probably doesn't want me coming over all the time. He helps me up as I rub my tired eyes.
We start heading to my house and not even two blocks away, I say, "I still have your clothes."
Brendon keeps his eyes to the car in front of us and says, "Yeah. Next time you come over you can return them."
He gives me a quick smile, "Okay." I say.
Brendon walks me to my front door and I remember placing the key in the third pot holder. I get it and unlock the door.
Before I go in, I give him a small kiss, "See you soon." I say.
"See ya." He says before pulling me in for another sweet kiss. It lingers for a while before we stop.
"Bye." He says.
"Bye." I reply as he goes in his car and heads home.
Deep down... I wish he took me with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH HO HO. Yay for Mr. Walker's treatments! And, to you readers out there, notice something? Ryan feels as though Brendon's house is more like a home to him. HMM. (that was supposed to be a hint. okay naw that was a fail.) ALL AND ALL my grammar kinda sucks for this chapter. DON'T HATE ME ON IT. Not that great anyway, but I love you all 10 subscribers. <3