Status: Complete

The Dreaming Smile Above the Skin

Strawberries

It's a Saturday morning as I wake up, yet, I find no Brendon beside me. Instead, I see a note: Went shopping. Maybe this is way too early, but your birthday is coming up. Wanted to try to find you a little something something. See ya soon! Love - Brenny Bear.

I smile at this. He is such a character. I then go to take a shower. I'm a little surprised that he remembers my birthday. I told him such a long time ago.

By the time Brendon gets home, I've just finished eating some fruit for breakfast. He puts the stuff he bought down on the couch as he then runs over and pulls me into one of his hugs where he spins me around. Honestly, when can I ever get used to that? His lips crash onto mine. After a few seconds, he pulls back and says, "You taste like strawberries."
He puts on that bright smile of his as my lips rise as well.
"Ate some while you were away." I tell him.
He puts on a silly smirk, "Yum."
I take both of his hands and swing his arms and mine side to side.
"So, can you give me a hint at what you got me?"
"Naw, don't wanna spoil it."
I look at him like he's crazy, "Are you bad at giving hints?"
He sighs with that permanent smile on his face, "You caught me."
"Shame. But if it's clothes, I have enough of that."
He giggles, "Okay fine. Hint: It's not clothes, it's cooler than that."
I raise my eyebrows, "Really?"
"Uh... yeah!" He says a bit sarcastically.
As I remove my hands from his... his right hand rubs his chest and that smile fades. I instantly become worried.
"Bren... you okay?"
He stops rubbing his chest, "Yeah. Think I need a painkiller. Chest tightening, what can you do?"
I then think of his condition, "Are you sure that's all it is?"
"Ryan, are you thinking it's my scleroderma?"
I sigh and say, a bit under my breath, "Can't I worry about you?"
He briefly rubs his forehead before saying, "Yeah but it can't be. I got treated almost 4 months ago."
"You never know, Bren."
"Well." He cuts himself off before his hand goes to his chest. He takes a deep breath. Thirty seconds pass before he says, "I'm pretty sure pain killers will work like a charm."
I nod, "Okay." Because I've grown on the fact that I can trust him.
If he ever feels totally unwell, he will be the one to tell me he should go to the doctors.
In the end... I just worry too much about him.
He goes into the kitchen and takes two tablets of painkillers.
"In about 20 minutes, I'll be back to normal!" He says.
He walks back over to me, "Okay, Ryro?" He puts on an innocent smile.
"Okay." I say. I smile back.
He then places small, soft kisses on my lips.
He looks me in the eyes and says, "I'm gunna put away your gift now."
"Alright." I tell him.
By the time he comes back, I'm sitting on the couch. He sits close to me a he rests his head on my shoulder.
"I love you, Ry."
"Love you too, Bren."
And with that, we just rest there a while as the pills go in the process of kicking in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dang, Brendon has some symptoms back. Think painkillers is all he needs or is Ryan right? STICK AROUND FOLKS. :D