Status: Complete

The Dreaming Smile Above the Skin

Things Are Changing

It's day number two and I'm still shaky. I see his face, his... lovely face and I feel different. I feel different because I know what's going on inside of him. His skin. I know the feeling... that familiar reminder. He's made of porcelain hanging on the edge of a rocky cliff. I'm holding onto him, though.
Throughout today I keep him close, but I think he sees through me. He can see in my eyes that everything that's going on is still hitting hard. He gives me those smiles. The same ones that make me smile, only, I put effort into it because of all the over-thinking.
I make him breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He keeps assisting to help but I want him to keep it safe. I know he's fine right now, but that doesn't change anything.
He holds my hand as we head to our room. As soon as we get comfy, I snuggle into his side.
He still looks the same; feels the same. For now, I should just believe he is in a good state.
I look up at him and give him a gleaming smile. He smiles back before he kisses me. His kisses, still the same... still perfect.
I can feel his feet come to press against mine. They're quite cold, so I rub mine against his.
"Your feet, Bren. They're so cold." I say as my hand wraps around his side.
"My feet are completely numb." And that smile... it still lingers.
My heart breaks as my feet hesitate against his. Things are changing...
I can feel tears about to sprout from my eyes. It's like he sense it because he pulls my head into his chest.
"Shh, shh I know your warmth can wake them up." He reassures me.
I try, with my best attempts, to shower more friction between each other's feet.
His fingers gently brush against my back.
Then I think about tomorrow. The record shop. I wouldn't want him to go in. He's becoming so delicate. In the morning, I'll try to talk him out of going.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so maybe i'll point out fillers because they are little things and that's just a warning mentioning that the chapter is extremely short.. just thought yall should know.